Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 PM
FPV it is!
I did it! I had my first FPV flight today! I'm hooked now

I posted this in the FPV forum but figured I'd put it here too

My first FPV flight! (0 min 0 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Good job! It only gets better from here....keep flying and it will become like second nature!
Oct 11, 2012, 11:12 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Gratz Titus - Can't wait to see more!
Oct 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
FPV it is!
I'm taking it out again today, I'm sure I'll have another video to put up.

Also tweaking my camera settings, hopefully get a better picture.
Oct 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
FPV it is!
Here's my second FPV flight including the landing! The quad was misbehaving some, needs more tuning.

FPV Flight #2 (4 min 24 sec)
Oct 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Dude...the quad is always gonna misbehave! Haha....the is always something to be tuned our tweaked...but that is half the fun!
Oct 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
FPV it is!
yeah it does seem to need constant tweaking LOL

and my GPS is hit or miss, usually miss.. Didn't get a lock at all during this time out. A new GPS unit should be here next week and my sonar unit.
Oct 13, 2012, 03:24 AM
FPV it is!
I think I solved my GPS problem! I was looking through the advanced settings and lo and behold there's a setting called GPS Lock... disabled.. hmmm click enabled, take quad out to my car and put it on the dashboard come back inside establish 3DR link and a few minutes later 5 satellite 3D lock!

Won't know for sure until tomorrow if the GPS actually will work in the field...
Oct 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Still flyable is always a good outcome.

Titus can I ask, what are you using for a configuration GUI.. Mission Planner or WinGUI?
Oct 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
FPV it is!
I'm using APM Mission Planner

My GPS non lock issue is solved! Was getting 3D Fix in 2 minutes, loiter mode works but seems a little loose.

Had my first crash today, I don't really know what happened, broke a prop..

The HT-FPV frame is solid
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Oct 13, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Oct 13, 2012, 10:00 PM
FPV it is!
Ha, I thought I didn't get the crash on DVR but I did... Here it is

First Crash! (0 min 21 sec)
Oct 13, 2012, 11:49 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Awe sad panda

Looked like some sort of loss of power following some high frequency oscillation, or was that just you cutting the throttle ?

Thanks for the tip on Mission Planner. Took me some time to wade through the configs, but I confirmed my AIO's working...on to gps...

You're not going to believe this - in my haste, I forgot to order the Skywalker. I found a dealer in HK that can do expedited delivery but we're still looking at the 22nd as the earliest possible delivery date.

I didn't mention this before, but I wanted to let you know - I'm building this to chase trick or treaters up and down the street on Halloween No idea if I'll have it done in time - but gotta give it a go.

On another note - where did you get your plastic standoffs for the AIO? I'm trying to figure out a good way to mount this to the frame.

Cheers

Oh and glad there wasn't more damage - I sprung for the pair x 4 package so have at least 2 extras for when I eventually crash
Oct 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
FPV it is!
The standoffs came as part of the ARF F450 clone I bought but decided not to fly it and used it's parts in my HT-FPV frame instead. I couldn't imagine trying to cram all this gear on a F450 frame...

I have extra props, it was back in the air later in the day

still a little erratic but I had it in loiter mode for 5 minutes and tuned out some up and down oscillations, the 3DR radio makes tuning incredibly easy...

On that note, it was probably a setting I changed or something that made the quad act erratic prior to the crash.
Oct 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
FPV it is!
This had to be the most fun one yet, today was awesome!

I really need to get a gopro

FPV 14.10.2012 Getting to know the quad, Part II (7 min 18 sec)
Oct 15, 2012, 01:17 PM
Principal Member
looking great, you doing goggles or lcd screen?