Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 17, 2012, 08:59 PM
Discussion

The Official NEAT Fair Thankyou Thread

To Tom Hunt and all of the SEFLI members and volunteers who take on the huge task of putting this event on year after year, Thanks to you all! This was my 5th NEAT and I can honestly say, they get better every year I come.

Cheers! When does 2013 pre-registration open up?

-eric
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
Oh boy, not again!!!
I concur Desmo, it was a great event. Cool planes and met some very nice people. Very relaxing just to sit back and watch al that was going on. I'll be back.
lumpy649
Sep 18, 2012, 07:06 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoHead
To Tom Hunt and all of the SEFLI members and volunteers who take on the huge task of putting this event on year after year, Thanks to you all! This was my 5th NEAT and I can honestly say, they get better every year I come.

Cheers! When does 2013 pre-registration open up?

-eric
Thanks Eric, appreciated.

Mid May 2013

Tired Tom
Sep 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
Tom Hunt

Wanted to thank you , for your help . flying the noon demo .

we looked at our video and the wreckage , we had picked up
every part very carefully - it seems it was pilot error .
I got the nose wheel up early to help get off the grass and the
wind caused the hard bank , well the right wing tip was missing
and there was damage near the end of the wing - which
most likly weaken it . there are 2 carbon spars in the wing
but I belive the tip strike to loosen the leading edge one.

Again great show , and thank you

Peter Daba
Sep 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Kit Manufacturer
I tried to thank you guys in person every time I had contact but I will say it all again here. I know how hard a huge event is to put on, all the hidden hours. You guys do an outstanding job and make it look effortless when obviously it isn't. Thank you for keeping on keeping on. And for the smile and hi when we pass. I definitely need to do better than pilot #4 next year
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Team Futaba
Tom,

Once again you and your guys put on a great event!! Thank you for all the hard work you do making it the event that it is.

I had a great time and am already looking forward to NEAT 2013!!!

Thanks again!
Dan
Sep 18, 2012, 03:36 PM
Micki and I had a great time. Thank you SEFLI, and, especially, thank you Tom!

Micki also thanks you for the chance to fly in the noon demos -- I think she's gotten it out of her system, though.

Bill

p.s. Please, don't forget to send me the PDF file for QEFI.
Sep 18, 2012, 04:52 PM
I don't know what else I can add other than our "gang" is already planning for NEAT Week '13. We had an absolutely fantastic time, and everyone was so cool and cooperative. The pilots I dealt with on the flight line Friday and Saturday were all in great spirits and worked well together, and the SEFLI guys kicked butt (as usual). I can't say enough about Tom, althought I heard a lot less of him this year I'm always worried that he's going to get burned out, but he's like the darn Energizer bunny - he just keeps going and going. We should all just make sure his special cooler stays full

Guys, I can't wait until next year. In the meantime, I've got a wing to build to get my Weekender back in the air.

Rob
JCSF
Last edited by stangrob; Sep 18, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
Sep 18, 2012, 05:14 PM

Lazertoyz says THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thanks to everyone from Tom , to his "grunts" , to the Bergen guys, to our customers, to the wives who let their husbands come to the show, to our friends new & old and to all the other vendors and all the spectators- we had a fantastic time and can't wait until next year!
(maybe next year I can be healthy !)
Until then-
we will have to stay caught up here on rc groups.
Diane & Dan
Sep 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Rob, what happened to the Weekender?

Bill
Sep 18, 2012, 08:34 PM
No ! Your other left !
Thanks to all of you who made this another great time, participants,spectators and most of all T.H. and SEFLI. Just like last year I am planning for next already.

Al Ramsdell MAINE 6 hrs and 10 min from fun.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Rob, what happened to the Weekender?

Bill
I learned a hard lesson on Saturday about electric twins - it's best to change the default low voltage cutoff on the speed controllers from hard to soft

I didn't think I was pushing the battery that hard but with the strong winds on Saturday I might have been leaning on the throttle a bit harder than I realized. On a hard climb out at the north end of the field one of the motors cut out, the plane rotated around its CG, and went into a spin. Lack of altitude (and likely a lack of experience with twins) resulted in a nose-first crash. Boy, was I one sad puppy. Luckily I brought everything back to camp, and after cooling down and carefully assessing the damage I found that only the wing was truly wasted. Sure, the fuse is a bit banged up, but a lot of parts, like the cowls and nacelles, were perfect.

Sunday morning I headed over to National Balsa and picked up some spruce and balsa sheet - my new wing kit. I hope to have her back in the air later this year

Rob
Sep 19, 2012, 05:27 AM
Ouch! My condolences, Rob. Electric twins are more reliable than Glow twins, but they still can bite. I lost one many years ago when the capacitor came loose on one motor right after takeoff, and I nearly lost another when the prop collet on one side came off (fortunately, that model wouldn't spin).

Bill
Sep 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
The Flying Fosses (Pete, Carolynn and Sam) had a blast! Thanks everyone!
Sep 19, 2012, 08:45 PM

Wow, what a great event..

My 5th NEAT Fair and it just is so much fuin. Thanks to Tom and his crew for doing a fantastic job with everything. Unbelievably (I'm not a particularly lucky person), I won (for the second time at a NEAT Fair) a pilot's raflle and it made my day to win and enjoy such a great set of prizes. The flying was great, loved the night flying, indoor event at Downsville, the list goes on. And the people, great stuff Just one example, saw Dan Landis and talked briefly about my first NEAT Fair and meeting him and his Dad. Mentioned about my tough time finding an additional battery for my Great Planes micro F-86 and he just gave me a spare one that he had (wow!). Just awesome and really appreciated - have to love how great people are in this hobby.