Sep 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying Rooster

usually don't go in for flying lawnmowers or witches. But thus flying rooster is pretty cool. It's out of Italy, it was flown last December.

Here's a link of it's first flight:

ROOSTER FIRST FLIGHT (5 min 6 sec)

And flight Journal did a short article on it too:

http://www.flightjournal.com/blog/20...rooster-flies/

And I attached a picture.

I was thinking about building a good sized model with a speaker.

What kind of plane do you think he started with?

It looks like an Aeronca Champ Fuse.

thanks

rc
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Reduce the drama...
Italy is a place of fertile imagination, I think! A close second to Florida!

The linked article says:
"Ottone’s Rooster was first hatched on a napkin during a barroom challenge, probably fueled by adult beverages"

"The design and construction of the (Ottone Baggio) Rooster is 100 percent original, wooden wings, steel tube fuselage covered in fabric, large vertical tail, and, strangest of all, the Rooster neck and head protruding from in-front from the leading edge and carrying the 100-horsepower Rotax 912 engine. The paint job, a huge aerial work of art from an amazing pallet of colors, is befitting for a proud rooster. The control system fits the weirdness of the entire concept because the control stick comes down from the cockpit (perfectly named, incase) roof: you push forward to go up and pull back to go down."

Quick Reply