to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W
... about says it for now.

Oh - and who arranges Dr E's wardrobe ?

Wed - Sun just flew by

Ditto!

Most of our group arrived Monday and when today rolled around the general consensus was that we really didn't want to go home yet, but needed to get back to reality. This was my 10th NEAT and I truly think this was the best one yet.

First off, let's talk about the weather. We finally accumulated enough bad weather points to earn a beautiful week of weather. When it actually did rain it did so late at night - great!

Second - the people. Naturally it was great to catch up with everyone, but when I was working the heavy iron line Friday and Saturday everyone was extremely pleasant and open to "helpful feedback". Even when I had to provide guidance I only got "thanks" - not "go scratch". It sure made for an easier time with the troops, and there was no "rekitting" on my watch

Lastly, the after hours activities were a blast as usual. Dinner at the BCSF tent on Friday was great, and hopefully everyone who stopped by the JCSF tent had fun. Next year we're thinking of asking Tom to add indoor Night Vapor flying to the official schedule

Can't wait until next year - our group is already planning for 2013!

Rob
Sep 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
soft yummy goodness.
Quote:
I believe that great responsibility lies with whomever is assigned the role of BCSF Tent B1tch on any given year. "amadams" did a fine job this time around! CORRECTION: It seems that JosephCharles swayed Carlos' TB nomination with a kiss, so credit goes to Joe for Dr. E's haute couture.

Rob - We were so busy frying stuff and drinking cocktails of questionable legality Saturday night, we didn't even get to participate in the JCSF shenanigans. We should coordinate efforts next year - Carlos has some ideas. Uh oh...

Tom Hunt & His Grunts - Each and every year we're reminded of the enthusiasm and grueling hard work you guys put into the best event in model aviation. I really can't thank you guys enough for all you do to make it happen!!

So great to see you all and already counting the days 'til next September.

Cheers,
Chris
Last edited by freq; Sep 17, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Sep 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
D.G.B.
Can't rememebering having a more fun time.Hats off to TOM HUNT AND THE WHOLE CREW WHO MADE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE! Rob too bad about your plane.Sorry to see it in pieces.
stefanP
Sep 17, 2012, 05:12 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Quote:
... about says it for now.

I only wear Regular Guy Clothes designed by Rodney Dangerfield

Hmmm Ideas for next year........."Lancelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh... "

2012 BCSF TB goes to JosephCharles....he was so happy he kissed everyone, and that was before we nominated him
Last edited by dr.E; Sep 17, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
Sep 17, 2012, 07:48 AM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
Ill make sure to add TB to his badge Thanks again to Gerry, Carlos, Pat, Ed, Alex and everyone else from BCSF for creating such a happy place for us to hang out after hours. You guys rock!
Sep 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
Airframe Stress Analist
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC
Ill make sure to add TB to his badge Thanks again to Gerry, Carlos, Pat, Ed, Alex and everyone else from BCSF for creating such a happy place for us to hang out after hours. You guys rock!

My sentiments also. Thanks to all At BCSF for all they do at NEAT and the great hospitality.

Joe W
Sep 17, 2012, 02:24 PM
So ... ?

what were the things that made you think/say Wow !!

for me ? That huuuuuge Rafale jet takes the cake. Something that looked like it would never fly did and did it unbelievably well

AWESOME !!
Sep 17, 2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
So ... ?

for me ? That huuuuuge Rafale jet takes the cake. Something that looked like it would never fly did and did it unbelievably well

AWESOME !!
I totally second that!!!!! It almost looked comical when they hand launched it - I was almost expecting a big pile of pink foam dust, but then it just pulled away and had us all slack-jawed. I think it definitely got the largest round of applause when it first went up Friday afternoon

Rob
Sep 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Airframe Stress Analist
Defenetly the Pink Panther, The Weather, 49 in the mass warbird on Friday, The big B-25 eating up the 39", oh and Tom not yelling at a single pilot over the PA system (myself excluded of course).
Sep 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
That huuuuuge Rafale jet takes the cake. AWESOME !!
Eurofighter, but we know which one you mean.

Tom
Sep 17, 2012, 07:57 PM

Thanks!

Just wanted to add my thanks to Tom and SEFLI crew for another great event. I didn't get to talk to as many people this year as I ordinarily do....the weather was so good I flew 2x as much as in the past. And the Bergen guys.....another great year of food and entertainment in the Bergen/Castle tent.

Regards,

Dave
Sep 17, 2012, 08:42 PM
The Black Pillars of DOOM!!

Next year use 2X4s!?!?!

Ed
Sep 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo

I love Neat Week and the Neat Fair!!! I plan for it all year.

Sincerest thanks to our fearless leader, Tom Hunt, and the rest of the rabble from Long Island and New Jersey (both mobs ... er, gangs. Right, Carlos?)

It is a long trip from Toledo to Shinopple, 10 hours typically, but I'll do it again next year. "God willing and the creek don't rise" ... but we know it does, all too often.

ciao -rjf
Sep 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
So ... ?

AWESOME !!
My favorite part was the overwhelming hospitality of every person there. Second favorite part was not putting that big pink jet into those big green trees

We'll certainly be back next year, with a big GREY jet, and hopefully a new pink one...

-Adam
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane