Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Would this make a nice 2nd heli

http://helidirect.com/align-t-rex-10...osc103_product . I paid this much today for a mcx1 with extra set of blades and 2extra lipos and 1 extra fly bar lol. Am I missing something with this T rex 100 ? Does it need $200 more in parts or servos ??? Looks nice to me but I don't know jack about helis YET!!! Lol thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
Cranky old fart
It rates poorly in performance and reliability. A WT Toys V911 is a better choice. Your LHS will be happy to sell you a Blade MSRx or MQx, to go with that MCX. They are both viable choices.
Sep 16, 2012, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
It rates poorly in performance and reliability. A WT Toys V911 is a better choice. Your LHS will be happy to sell you a Blade MSRx or MQx, to go with that MCX. They are both viable choices.
Thanks those VR911 and the 929 look great with GREAT review it's just hard to believe there that nice for $45 and $36 rtf!!!!! I'm looking at maybe ?? Getting a 350 or 450 once I learn more as this hole flying Rc was my idea to get us OUTSIDE !!!!!! And I didn't actually know it at the time but I don't think the little Blade mcx will survive outside lol. Thanks guys once again you guys have really helped us a lot!!!!
Sep 16, 2012, 09:56 AM
Cranky old fart
You are right, an MCX won't do well outdoors. Coax helis of any kind do not handle wind. A couple of the 929s would be perfect and they can use MQx parts from the LHS. Quads have huge performance ranges and response that's faster than a CP heli (no moving parts), so they are excellent all-around training and are extremely durable. Plus, you will never do this with any FP heli:
best toy ever (multicopter) (2 min 25 sec)
Sep 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
It depends on a lot on what you would like to accomplish in the hobby.

If you are happy flying fixed pitch. A 120SR with a DX5e is a great combination for dead calm outdoor or large indoor venue!

If you would like to be able to fly outside next summer.
Don't bother with another fixed pitch helicopter.
Spend the money on Real Flight Flight Simulator hook it up to your big screen TV and learn how to handle a CP helicopter. This will take a substantial amount of time and dedication on your part but will teach you more than I can begin to explain.

When you can fly around all day in the simulator without crashing get an MCPX.
Learn how to fly it. The next logical step would be 450 size helicopter.
Sep 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
I bet somebody has a used heli simulator for sale . I'll post a thread and see . Thanks

Quick Reply