Feb 09, 2015, 06:34 PM
Stream Team Models - Pilot
I'm sticking with the Stream for the worlds too for the exact same reasons.

My 265 gram textreme has been flown as much as any model I've ever owned and it still looks brand new!

I will have a light weight version around 235g and possibly another textreme built to the same 265 weight.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2015, 09:06 AM
french team pilote
Hi , I am the only french junior to go to World Champs and there is my new stream
Textrem 64g/m2 on the wing and french flag colors it weight is 240 g rtf at 78 mm cg
Last edited by pierre39; Feb 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM.
Feb 24, 2015, 09:16 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Beautiful.

Laurynas, you did a great paint job on this one.
They all are very beautiful.

Now if only the box with several Streams finally found its way to the USA (stuck somewhere since Jan-29), I would have some more pictures to post here...
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Feb 24, 2015, 08:39 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Hi Oleg,

Are they all spoken for?

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
Feb 24, 2015, 11:30 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Pat, not at all, only a couple are reserved.
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Feb 24, 2015, 11:37 PM
Usedbombistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor
Attached are pictures of my wing (red and yellow) next to Nir's wing and my wing next to my old wing

Roy
Heh.. that red/yellow scheme looks very familiar.
Feb 25, 2015, 12:49 PM
In F3J size does matter!
I just finished a new fuselage for my old D-box Stream.
The old fuse broke in an unfortunate mishap several months back, it was repaired and I flew it to a win at our last competition but I wanted to treat this model to a new one as it is my favorite Stream.
Refinished the model at 261 grams, 9 grams lighter than the previous build.
I feel the perfect weight for this model as an all rounder is between 260 and 270 grams. Lighter than that and I reach for the ballast rather quickly.
Having said that, my next Stream is almost finished and should be a real Super-Light, should finish out with a relatively forward CG (a personal preference) at 222-223 grams. With a CG further back it could easily go sub 220
Feb 25, 2015, 12:54 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Heh.. that red/yellow scheme looks very familiar.
Yes it does
Hope to finish it for a test flight this weekend.
This one is a right beauty! Should be strong enough for wind yet will be my Super Light for early morning rounds.
Feb 25, 2015, 12:57 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre39
Hi , I am the only french junior to go to World Champs and there is my new stream
Textrem 64g/m2 on the wing and french flag colors it weight is 240 g rtf at 78 mm cg
That's a fantastic weight for a Textrem 64g/m2 wing!
A real "all weather" model!
My current light model is 240 grams (after a small repair due to a mid air) and is fantastic in light air.

Enjoy!
Feb 25, 2015, 01:28 PM
french team pilote
Yes it s crazy light . 32 g fuz 12 g tails with pod and 115 g wing
To day I flyed whith it in all conditions as possible . no thermal , big thermal and 10 to 15 kmh of wind
It s an all weather glider ! It s realy cool , thank you Laurynas CHEERS
Feb 25, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hello to everybody,
as you see Iím new here and I live in Germany. I think this is the greatest and best Thread in the net for the Stream. As you see in the picture I ordered also one from Laurynas and the first impression was: what a great Quality! I asked myself what is a good weight for a Textreme, because I build mine with 251g at cg 77mm and was very lucky. Iím still lucky but how is it possible to do it in 240g?
Here are my measured values:
HLW 5,7g
SLW 5,3g
Fuse 32,4
Wing 121,9g.

This is the RC setup:
Aileron: KST X08
Height and side: FS31 with Pull spring
Receiver is a AR600 naked
Battery is GP35 and 1,5g weight in the Nose
Feb 25, 2015, 02:27 PM
Aurora Builder
115g wing vs. a 122g wing is 7g of weight savings right there.

Still, sub 120g for a full size Textreme wing (and the even lighter 100g Carboline wings) remains very impressive to me. Do you owners know if the wing core is still Rohacell? I suspect the laminate is very dry; how does the finish compare with some of the earlier/heavier wings?
Feb 25, 2015, 03:08 PM
Usedbombistan
Laurynas' workmanship is outstanding. My 1 year old Stream built out to 228 grams and looks brand new today. His quality is the best I've seen on any DLG.
Feb 25, 2015, 03:45 PM
RV7guy

New Stream

I had two of the first versions. Put one in the wires, pooofffff...... Then sold the other one. Regretted it.

Got a new version stuck in transit somewhere. I'm sure it will be even better than the first two. Must be the dock worker slow down or something.

Have a new Flitz waiting too but want Oleg to ship them together to save some money.

Whose flying the new version? Give us some reports.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Feb 25, 2015, 04:09 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi_H
Hello to everybody,
as you see Iím new here and I live in Germany. I think this is the greatest and best Thread in the net for the Stream. As you see in the picture I ordered also one from Laurynas and the first impression was: what a great Quality! I asked myself what is a good weight for a Textreme, because I build mine with 251g at cg 77mm and was very lucky. Iím still lucky but how is it possible to do it in 240g?
Here are my measured values:
HLW 5,7g
SLW 5,3g
Fuse 32,4
Wing 121,9g.

This is the RC setup:
Aileron: KST X08
Height and side: FS31 with Pull spring
Receiver is a AR600 naked
Battery is GP35 and 1,5g weight in the Nose
Those are good weights, 7 grams off the wing and another 4 for lighter servos in the wings (MKS 65) and you could get to 240.
However, I think you have a fantastic model at a fantastic weight. I ballast my 240 gram model to 255 (15 gram weight) as soon as there are even light thermals. At 255 it "moves" a bit better and allows me to handle sink a little bit better. 240 also works but requires more "decisive" flying. Also, I've won many light air rounds with a 270 gram Stream, they can be made to float really well even at heavier weights.