Stream DLG - Page 11 - RC Groups
May 01, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, this weekend we had season opening F3K competition, I had chance to look at latest Stream version in person. I was very impressed with it, everything from flying characterystic's to looks is highest class. So yesterday I decide to visit place where these gliders are born. It happen so that Stream factory is located just ~30min drive from my home, so I decide to stop by and check out this hot DLG bird in person I took some nice pictures, so enjoy.

Donatas Pauzuolis
www.pauzuolis-rc.com
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2013, 12:21 PM
Oleg Golovidov
nice looking models, thanks for the pics, Donatas!

if anybody in the USA wants to place an order, please use this page:
http://olgol.com/Stream/
May 01, 2013, 12:23 PM
My pleasure Oleg. I will have to get one of these to my hangar in near future
May 01, 2013, 12:25 PM
AutoPilot .
Stream guys are busy as hell , answering pm every 3 weeks
May 01, 2013, 12:41 PM
Aeromodeller by heart!
3Don

That´s eyecandy!!!!!! And funny enough it make´s me drewl.....

Ruben
May 01, 2013, 01:24 PM
Aurora Builder
Hard to pick up the phone/email when you're busy building the hottest DLG in the world!!! Really nice job Stream Team absolutely sick machines!!!
May 01, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hi
I do believe the light green and the Orange full carbon ones are going to Denmark

So much looking forward to receive them.

Did hope to have the orange one ready for the local event on the 18 of May - But time is running.

Best regards
Thomas
May 02, 2013, 02:31 AM
Chesty
What's the deal with pricing /shipping to Australia ?
May 02, 2013, 02:33 AM
Chesty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don
Hey guys, this weekend we had season opening F3K competition, I had chance to look at latest Stream version in person. I was very impressed with it, everything from flying characterystic's to looks is highest class. So yesterday I decide to visit place where these gliders are born. It happen so that Stream factory is located just ~30min drive from my home, so I decide to stop by and check out this hot DLG bird in person I took some nice pictures, so enjoy.

Donatas Pauzuolis
www.pauzuolis-rc.com
All of these photo's other than the fuz, show an orange peel / dimple effect, is this just the core materials shining through the resin or are they actually finished like this ?
May 02, 2013, 08:47 AM
Aeromodeller by heart!
My guess is reflection!!!!!

You will not believe the finish off these wings until you have toutched one with your own hands!
They are really that shiny!! Looks like reflections from a fluorosent lamp.

Ruben
May 02, 2013, 10:41 AM
Aurora Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimaxPilot
All of these photo's other than the fuz, show an orange peel / dimple effect, is this just the core materials shining through the resin or are they actually finished like this ?
That is the texture of the Textreme underneath showing through the paint a little bit. Very expected since paint is kept thin to keep weight down. You are still looking at the best paint job in the business!
May 02, 2013, 12:12 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Had thought it to be the core material...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc99us
That is the texture of the Textreme underneath showing through the paint a little bit. Very expected since paint is kept thin to keep weight down. You are still looking at the best paint job in the business!
May 02, 2013, 12:32 PM
Aurora Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Greening
Had thought it to be the core material...?
Craig,

In the photos shown above you can see a very minor bleed through of the textreme weave under the paint. I don't see any core compression issues showing and wouldn't expect them on this model!!

Based on the personal feedback I've got this is the best built DLG currently in production, including the B3. We already know the Validol is extremely competitive and can put any GOOD pilot on the podium; since this is the same wing design it's a guaranteed winner! I'd be jumping on the list myself if I was flying more than 3 contests this year!
Last edited by samc99us; May 02, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
May 02, 2013, 12:34 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Thanks Sam, it sure is beautifully done.
May 04, 2013, 03:35 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Second competition of the season an another trophy! This time first place!
I flew my D-box Stream in four out of the five rounds of the competition and did exceptionally well with it, VERY happy with it’s performance.

The Stream is a “launching machine”, I didn’t have an altimeter but I’m pretty sure I broke my personal best a couple of times today
I heard some helpers were calling to their pilots that I launched into a thermal as it couldn’t be a normal launch with the altitude I got
I feel I’m getting 5 to 10 meters extra on every launch compared to my other models and I’m not giving anything back in performance.
The Stream is a bit more difficult to fly, the best way to describe it’s flight is “aggressive” and it needs a little more attention than my Twister or Flow. It signals very well and turns very tight and whenever I pull on the stick it always has a bit more lift available to tighten the turns. Amazing model!
Last edited by roydor; May 04, 2013 at 03:42 PM.