This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2012, 01:12 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
Gallery

In Process -- the Pointer Sister

sr71fan, one of my R/C heroes, has been flying a lot of symmetricals lately. Now, Gary can fly anything and make it look like phun regardless of how well it flies, but these symmetrical jobs have always appealed to me anyhow. Maybe it's the rocket-like shape that harkens back to my rocket daze. Whatever. I love the cool presentation of these planes; the way they look the same along any axis; and the way they can flip-flop from up to down to sideways and just cruise along regardless. Far too cool.

So, I started my own symmetrical build last year. [cough] Haven't finished it yet, but at least it looks like something that's actually in process. Note that this plane got started before MPF was available, so it's made from FFF and not Adams. The next one for sure, eh?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2012, 07:30 AM
Old retired Electronics Fart
Will it do a VTO ?
Sep 16, 2012, 12:24 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
I'm aiming for that, but the plane's performance is a mystery until I get it completed.

Quick Reply