New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
I would agree we need a "plug and play" that doesn't need converted...

Herc do you have a vid of yours?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:11 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Not a good one. I'll get one in the coming weeks.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Ya, I want to see the slow flight capabilities
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Slow flight is great even at heavy weights. Not an issue. I'll get some vid.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:11 AM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
I would agree we need a "plug and play" that doesn't need converted...

Herc do you have a vid of yours?
i think the only thing i have an issue with is adding on that extra front "cheek" piece. Spacers are going to vary motor to motor and modding the hatch for easy battery change should be cake.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:43 PM
JetPlaneFlyer is online now
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
That looks like a lot of fun. i dont think they import the Outlaw to the UK anymore but i see them second hand from time to time so I might grab one.

The top speeds reported are a bit puzzling.. Prop no load pitch speed comes out at 103mph with the 820kv motor of 5 (fresh off the charger) cells.. So hard to figure how radar trap at 130mph+
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
That looks like a lot of fun. i dont think they import the Outlaw to the UK anymore but i see them second hand from time to time so I might grab one.

The top speeds reported are a bit puzzling.. Prop no load pitch speed comes out at 103mph with the 820kv motor of 5 (fresh off the charger) cells.. So hard to figure how radar trap at 130mph+
I just ran the numbers too and it shows 109 prop speed. We measured with doppler shift at the field, which may not be that accurate. Don't be confused, just get a 1000kv motor
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
JetPlaneFlyer is online now
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
I just ran the numbers too and it shows 109 prop speed.
Yeah, it depends on what voltage you use in the calculation. But regardless in level flight a plane cant ever get to it's pitch speed. Something about 80% of the 'no load' pitch speed would be in the right ballpark for a realistic top speed.

I'm sure it's plenty fast enough to get the adrenalin flowing anyway! I guess for ultimate top speed a high kv motor spinning a small prop would be the way to go, but 3D performance would suffer. I think your set up sounds like the right balance.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:52 PM
fmidgett is offline
Find More Posts by fmidgett
fmidgett's Avatar
FLG Svetlana and I have fun watching Chris J fly his Outlaw at eWeek. More pics on our FaceBook page and films are on FlightPass.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
anybody get a vid?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
bigmoebbq is offline
Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Registered User
bigmoebbq's Avatar
Picked up the last red Outlaw last week! I have a Turnigy Motor that is a little bigger but should still work. Its a 3542-1250kv. I ran this on a Multiplex BLizzard and it went about 100 mph on 4cells. with a 75 amp esc. I think if I prop down a bit it should be close. What do you think? I think this is about the same as the Eflite power 25 /1250kv. I am not looking for killer speed just moderate fun and Easy to launch!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett View Post
FLG Svetlana and I have fun watching Chris J fly his Outlaw at eWeek. More pics on our FaceBook page and films are on FlightPass.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing Fred!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:52 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
Picked up the last red Outlaw last week! I have a Turnigy Motor that is a little bigger but should still work. Its a 3542-1250kv. I ran this on a Multiplex BLizzard and it went about 100 mph on 4cells. with a 75 amp esc. I think if I prop down a bit it should be close. What do you think? I think this is about the same as the Eflite power 25 /1250kv. I am not looking for killer speed just moderate fun and Easy to launch!
It will be sick on 4S but really sick on 5!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:24 PM
aerosheldon is offline
Find More Posts by aerosheldon
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Anybody got a vid?

Any word on an e-version coming out?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:38 PM
C_Watkins is offline
Find More Posts by C_Watkins
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Below is one video I found on YouTube.
However, if you're a Flight Pass member... Higher Planes Productions has a better video of Chris Jewett flying his Outlaw at eWeek.
Chris shows off the insane roll rate, the crazy boomerang-style spin, and some low passes just daring a worm to poke his head up for a second

Here's the other:
Extreme Flight Outlaw Electric (1 min 20 sec)
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Extreme Flight Outlaw Webra .32 and pipe RTF with your RX LPU VT millerhill Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 07, 2012 07:34 AM
For Sale extreme flight outlaw ecoliburger Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 22, 2012 06:18 PM
Sold Extreme flight electric outlaw harrymc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Apr 12, 2012 07:22 PM
Sold Extreme Flight Outlaw 50%plane Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 26, 2012 11:20 AM
Sold Extreme Flight Outlaw Electric Eyefly Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 30, 2011 12:00 PM