Jul 05, 2018, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhurt
Couldn't you tip it forward, holding it by the keel, to get it through a doorway? That is the only way to move an IOM in my house.
Tight corners it's a 1890's cottage with a rail to the porch and a very tight entry once your in French doors and a slider to my bedroom. Maybe if I take off the keel. I'll make a rough mockup and see.
Respectfully John
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2018, 01:42 PM

T-52

T-52 will get a wooden canopy on the deck this Winter.
Jul 15, 2018, 01:45 PM

T-37

Have not sailed it this year due to the new T-52.
Oct 01, 2018, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
Nobody's building anymore?
Oct 02, 2018, 12:29 AM

Hey good question--let's build some boats!

I'd love to see other build logs as well! I can post T52 competed earlier this year, or T65 build log from 2015 if anyone is interested. T50 build log posted some time ago. (Will Lesh writes about these in the Tippecanoe newsletter/website) Also, Will helped me make a 72" model of my Dad's 34' "Audax" centerboard sloop and that was quite a project. Will made the strongback from the designer's plans and then the WRC planks; I used my Dad's construction plans and we made a handsome model of Audax-- see photos. It sails like mad! Most recently I got the idea to use the Audax hull forms-- modified for a more slender hull (20% beam reduction) , and am in progress of making a 72" open steam launch which will be powered by real steam. All the building experience for T37, T52, T50, T65 and the Audax projects is being applied. Great fun-- and much thanks to Will for devising these easy and effective construction methods. Photos below are all Tippecanoe models in some way. Current steam launch project is last in the series.

-Carl
Oct 06, 2018, 11:00 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker Ace
Nobody's building anymore?
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. Going to visit Tippecanoe Monday. T37 ,.....after sailing a Victoria w/ Carr sails for years, and years , and years.
Oct 06, 2018, 11:23 PM

T37 Trigger

Do it! You will enjoy Will and everything Tippecanoe does. Glad you re actually going there-- I loved seeing the place and how they are made.

T37 one-design has very tight class rules which I think will prevent you from bending on nicer sails; the spinnaker cloth is OK and works well for the sailing and racing, but it's not a super sail.

Lord knows there's enuff of them in your sailing neighborhood so you should have a ball!

Have fun and as Will says, Happy Sailing

cm
Oct 07, 2018, 12:29 AM
Will fly for food
I wish I could put Car sails on my T37.
Jun 29, 2020, 08:36 PM
Putting finish on my T-37 quarantine project now. No major mods so far other than a custom deck from wood that I had around the shop. Looking forward to meeting other Seattle folks for some friendly sailing post-Covid.
Jun 29, 2020, 08:58 PM
It's a fine fiddly business.
Tom, the woodwork on the deck is truly spectacular.
Robert
Jun 29, 2020, 10:52 PM

What a deck!

Tom

Echo Robert: your deck planking is creative and gorgeous! Gonna make the boat go faster I am certain!

Have fun on the rigging--I always add spreaders with lower stays, and turnbuckles for realism.

Carl
Jun 30, 2020, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the kind words. This is my first sailboat after spending quite a bit of time on a scratch build of our 1939 26’ Richardson cruiser. A nice simple quick build is a good change of pace from the detail on that one.
Jul 05, 2020, 12:58 AM

Model vs Full scale-- which is which?

Lovely model Tom, and no kidding, your rendition looks so realistic. It's a nice way to keep a family memory, even when the boat you love is gone. Such was the case with my Audax sailing model; my only regret the model came to be only long after Dad was gone, so he never got to see it. But it keeps my memories alive forever-- well. at least forever for me...

Send pix of your pretty T37 when it's rigged.

=Carl
Jul 21, 2020, 08:08 PM

Rockler Pop-up Spray Tent

First time using my new pop-spray shelter. It’s pretty cool. Not sure that I will ever get it folded up and put back in its bag.
Jul 29, 2020, 08:30 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full
Haha, back on post #861, Oct 6, 2018, I declared I was close to ordering a T-37. Yeah, I built it , I love it, (pics below) and looking for another build,... "getting ready to pull the trigger again". This time I'm looking real hard at a T-47 Schooner. I sail for fun. Racing is not in my blood. I just don't care. I'm happy just cruising. A T-52 was a candidate, but the T-47 looks very exciting >if jazzed up with lots of detail<. The stock kit, to me, appears just a little like vanilla Ice cream,..... I want Ben and Jerry's "Chunky Monkey".

So, "I'm getting ready to pull the trigger again". This time on a T-47. Thanks to all those who have posted pics and build instructions, especially carlfmiller. They have helped tremendously in making a decision. Really like your boat carlfmiller........ Carl

Fred , ....Loving my T-37.

Quick Reply