The Tippecanoe Boats Thread - Page 57 - RC Groups
May 10, 2018, 02:36 PM

T-52

Just got my T-52 set up and sailing. Had a minor problem with the sheet line on the main getting hung up. So far my solution is working and the boat is sailing great. I really like the size verses my T-37. Especially when the wind is really blowing hard.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2018, 06:42 PM

Sheet guard in T52?

Hi CARBOW-- I am just installing T52 RC gear today, and now I see the potential for slack sheets fouling in the RC gear esp. on the battery shelf and maybe even the rudder servo. I am wondering what your solution was? Maybe a piece of clear plastic bent over the the RC gear, with no sharp corners for the sheets to catch on? Maybe you did something easier?

I hope to be sailing #36 Orion Express tomorrow!
May 11, 2018, 04:19 PM

sheets

First your boat is a beauty. I love the cockpit cover. Hope to have one made on mine. I have not figured what to do about the hardware edges. That was a concern at first. Due to my problem I ended up testing the sheet lines going in and out a lot. They have not caught on any part and I do not believe it will be a problem.
May 11, 2018, 04:39 PM

T52 sheet guard

Thanks for compliment-- sailing soon! I love building these models. Here is photo of the clear plastic cover/shield I made that prevents the slack sheets from looping up over the servos and battery. It is .010" butyrate folded to cover all the RC gear, held in place w/ velcro which you cannot see in the picture. It cannot come straight up since that interferes with the turning loop, so the plastic has a sort of Z shape.-- up behind the battery shelf, over toward he center, then up again toward the underside of the deck. No way the sheets can foul over the RC gear now.

When I ran the sheets with no back tension (from trim to eased) with no shield, the sheets went nuts in a looping fashion that tried to to catch on everything! So the shielding of all the gear seemed very necessary and I think this will work.

cm
May 11, 2018, 05:18 PM

Great work

Thanks for the pictures. May set up something too. Your boat shows the great skills you have. Beautiful.
May 20, 2018, 11:39 PM

Tippecanoe T50 Build Notes

I had the pleasure and fun of building Tippecanoe's T50 and it is a gorgeous model: sails like a rocket and looks like a jewel. My build log I cannot seem to compress enough to fit the upload limits in this thread, so I will post some pictures and happy to add details if anyone is interested.

The next post has details of the rig and a few pictures of Aurora under sail.

Carl
May 21, 2018, 12:16 AM

Rigging and Sailing the T50

Details of the rig and some action shots of T50 Aurora under sail.

Will came to visit in February this year and went swimming with his GoPro camera and from his videos I was able to select a few great sailing photos. T50 Aurora is a smashing success. She handles beautifully and cuts through the water like a knife. Her speed is remarkable (but not proven in competition) and really a joy to sail on all points. I hope the photos below make this obvious.

All-up final weight is 9lb 2oz. Keel weight is 4lb, 14oz. Ballast ratio is 54%-- nice design Tippecanoe!

The next project is the T52. She is Orion Express, hull #36, completed a week ago. Some pictures are coming soon. Will posted some on his Tippecanoe Owner's Pictures site and his compliments make me blush.

Carl

Quick Reply