The Tippecanoe Boats Thread - Page 55 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 14, 2017, 08:52 PM
Sailing T37 1 (0 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 03:22 PM
Hello, I am in the process of building a T37. I will be priming this weekend. I have been watching both sets of videos on building (Will's and Dan's) and have been doing a hybrid building process.

I am beginning to think about rigging and have been reviewing Dan's video. For now I have two questions. First, is the back-stay just knotted to the brass screw eye that is install on the mast? Secondly, if we rig the mast as he suggests, what all needs to me disconnected to take the mast and sails of the boat for transportation?

Thanks, Bob
Mar 30, 2017, 11:42 AM
Lucas
The backstay length should be adjustable and the backstay should be removable in order to remove the mast. Typically a bowsie is used to provide adjustment.

You can buy bowsies or make them by cutting off the arm of a typical servo horn.

There is pretty nice looking wooden bowsie in this thread (post #12).
Mar 30, 2017, 01:57 PM
Thank you!

But then how is the fore-sail dettached?

Bob
Last edited by RLSDDS; Mar 30, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
Apr 15, 2017, 02:26 AM
Hi all, can someone share videos and photos of t37 ... I'd like to understand the quality of tne camera ... another point is about the control, is possible to use a rc transmitter in addition to the phone ? Thanks
Apr 29, 2017, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone, has been some time since I visited or have posted. Looks like some have been very busy turning out great looking boats. One of the members here has once again distinguished himself by winning the 2017 T-37 Championship. Congratulations to Lucas Hurt (Ihurt). Here are two links to pics and a great vid of Race 7 with some pretty good wind. https://www.flickr.com/photos/149959838@N03
Race 7 (4 min 33 sec)
Last edited by Oldsawdust; Apr 29, 2017 at 05:02 PM.
Apr 30, 2017, 09:07 AM
The wind is free, go sailing!
Wow, it looks like they were a wee bit over-powered in that wind. Even tacking was difficult.
Lots of fun and excitement!
Apr 30, 2017, 07:23 PM
I'm told it was gusting to 30. Was a day filled with rain, sun, gale and lots of wind shifts. Congrats to the people who braved the elements.
May 10, 2017, 01:07 AM
I created an open group on facebook for people that own Tippecanoe sailboats to share photos and questions. I'm a member of similar Owner Groups for other things and found them pretty interesting.
It would be great if each of you that use Facebook could join the group and post a photo of your finished boat or even a group of incrementals from your build. Feel free to link to your build blog as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TippecanoeBoatsOwners/

Thanks for all your posts on this forum. I have been learning a lot and taking lots of notes - particularly the magnetic hatch.
Old May 10, 2017, 01:22 AM
thestosh
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content. It is temporarily hidden while thestosh edits it.
May 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
Lucas
Hi Stosh,

If you plan to sail in conditions like the video above, consider a tape down hatch instead of magnetic. I'm not saying it is impossible to get a magnetic hatch to seal well, just that several people have tried it and all converted back to a hatch that can also be taped for heavy weather sailing.

I think one boat used the top of a tupperware container with good success, but it didn't win any votes in the looks category.

Luke
May 15, 2017, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the tip about the tape down hatch. I don't want to flood the compartment.