The Tippecanoe Boats Thread - Page 54 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 28, 2016, 04:13 PM
Glad to be able to help, Rod. Good luck going forward.

Dick
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2016, 02:36 PM
T-47 Schooner - Progress

Running rigging complete, sails installed, hooked up to the sail servo, radios functioning. This is a back yard function test, winds were a bit random but things look pretty good to this amateur!

Next up are the hatch covers and then we get wet!

I tried to load a video but it wouldn't take it..

Rod
Sep 04, 2016, 06:27 PM
T-47 Schooner

Hatch covers in place, ready for the first launch. I have an idea for some fake wooden hatch covers for later and a few other tweeks.

I couldn't find the correct double sided tape for the rudder hatch in my box, I guess I lost it. I used what I had, for now.

Forecast light winds tomorrow, about 5 mph. I will try to launch it and we will see if it sinks or swims!

Rod
Sep 04, 2016, 08:23 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Load the video to You Tube, then link it here.
Sep 05, 2016, 09:47 AM
Is there a link with instructions to do that ??
Sep 05, 2016, 10:20 AM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkildu
Is there a link with instructions to do that ??
Just copy and paste the link.
Sep 05, 2016, 11:57 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was asking about loading to You Tube.
Sep 05, 2016, 01:51 PM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkildu
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was asking about loading to You Tube.
Go to http://www.youtube.com/upload and then drag&drop your file (or follow instructions there). You need to have a Google/Gmail account first.
Sep 06, 2016, 03:43 PM
T-47 Schooner - Maiden Voyage Successful!

It didn't sink or leak!

Winds were light and variable, but when they hit right she scooted right along. The Captain needs quite a bit of remedial training, too.

I am working on a first attempt at some false hatch covers. More to come on that.

I am not real happy with the way the sheets attach to the booms, They're awkward and kind of a pain to hook up, thinking about that too.

I see some tweaking in my future,

Rod
Sep 06, 2016, 09:51 PM
Congratulations, the schooner looks good.
Sep 07, 2016, 01:19 PM
Lucas
Beautiful build and maiden pictures!
Sep 08, 2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the kind comments on my build, it was an interesting exercise and I learned a lot. Now I just need to practice tacking!

I made a couple of very simple false hatch covers for the schooner, just to clean up the look. They are just attached with small squares of double sided tape at the corners.

I also found some hairpin connectors at the fishing rack and attached them to the existing loops on the sheets and replaced the boom connectors that gave me so much trouble with eye screws. It makes reassembly of the masts and sails much easier and a bit quicker. I seem to be losing some manual dexterity.

Rod
Last edited by rkildu; Sep 08, 2016 at 10:38 AM.
Sep 11, 2016, 01:10 PM
My T-47 Schooner now has a name! Well actually it has had a name for a while, I just got around to putting it on the transom.

I am calling this build complete. At least until I decide to change and/or modify something.

Thanks for all of the assistance,

Rod
Oct 08, 2016, 06:00 PM
The thread seems to be kind of quiet lately, so here are a couple of pictures on my T-47, Scalywag, sailing in higher winds. I am impressed with her handling and speed!

Rod
Jan 14, 2017, 08:50 PM
Beautiful schooner!

Quick Reply