May 16, 2016, 02:33 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
T37 Builders Guide Rigging Assembly (56 min 13 sec)

for the link
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2016, 02:51 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Double post
May 16, 2016, 05:36 PM
That's great, thanks, Lamar Cooley!
May 17, 2016, 08:20 PM
I did not like the way the instructions called for tying the boom vang. I cut the lines and retued, knotting around the ring, 2tag ends through the grommets in the mast/boom. 4 wraps around the mast/boom in opposite directions then a couple square knots and superglue.

I need some bowsies. I have some extra zip ties, anyone foresee a problem with making bowsies from zip ties?
May 19, 2016, 03:36 PM
Hey Rob, How were you planning to use zip ties as bowsies. Here are some ideas that have been posted on this forum. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963348
May 19, 2016, 09:08 PM
Drill 3holes and cut to length.
Thanks for the info.
May 26, 2016, 11:40 PM

T7 build

Hello Guys
Got a few pics of the latest progress.
Decided to forgo the plank deck. I really preferred the look of the standard deck veneer. Guess I got lucky with the grade and texture of this particular part.
Rudder, hull and keel rattle can painted "Krylon" medium gloss white but not finished.
I'll paint the sides blue with pin stripping
Deck, rails, bow and transom varnished.
Hey I can see myself in the finish. Eight coats with 600 grit sanding between each coat.
Dan Newland is FORCING me to get a digital caliper so that I can utilize his method of establishing the waterline. That's what I told my wife.
I've also emulated Dan and now have a card box work station that says:
"THIS IS my wife's boat and I'm "ENCOURAGED" to build it."
Done a little work on the rigging and will combine some of Dan's ideas
along with the manual's technique.
O.K. Sea Ya Latter
Regards
May 28, 2016, 02:39 PM
Sniffing the glue
Well I'm making slow progress here. Works getting in the way but the rudder is done and painted. Hull is ready to spray last coat of primer and the keel is coming along.
May 28, 2016, 10:12 PM
Nice builds. I'll start mine eventually.
May 29, 2016, 09:01 PM

T37 Build

Hello Gentlemen,
Made a little progress this weekend. I finish painted the hull.
Also started the RC component install.
Got the deck fittings in place.
I made a template for the water line following Dan Newland's process.
To verify the line placement I made two templates out of brown wrapping paper. Then lightly coated BOTH sides of the templates with spray contact adhesive and reapplied them to the hull. Placed the RC equipment, mast with sail and boom and jib boom in their respective position on the deck then set the boat into a tub of water. I did not have the jib sail on for this check.This allowed the paper to mark the line crisply without bleeding.
This proved Dan's measurements were quite accurate.
My water line was just a 1/16 inch higher at the stern than Dan's.
So with the jib sail this should bring the waterline spot on with Dan's calculations.
Attached a few photos for your viewing pleasure.
My wife has already selected a bottle of champagne for the christening.
She wouldn't tell me how much she paid for it.
Regards
Jun 01, 2016, 10:39 PM

T37 Build

Hello Tippecanoe Team
Well the T-37 is complete and ready to be christened.
Can't wait to empty (i.e. CHUG) the champagne bottle first.
Attached a few photos of the end result.
My wife is quite pleased with her new sailboat.
Here are a few changes I made to my build.
I liked Dan Newlands technique of sail and boom adjustments.
I utilized collars typically used for airplane landing gear.
3/16" chrome plated brass drilled to fit the booms as per Dan.
The collars are already drilled and taped for and have set screws.
Mr. Will states that the side stays are not necessarily required with the racing carbon fiber mast. But I like the look of side stays so I'll be adding those.
I also made a carbon fiber pushrod with ball link rod ends for the rudder control.
I have gone with a couple of Hitec 5945 servos.
The included radio with my package is quite adequate. However it doesn't allow as much outhaul as I would like. So I am swapping out the receiver so I can use one of my computer radios and really fine tune the rudder and sails and get much more outhaul.
The finishing touch will be choosing a name which is before final review
and selection by "She Who Must Be Obeyed".
I have had great pleasure building this craft and look forward to building other "Tippecanoe" sailboats.
My wife is anxious to challenge me on the water. But I will require she bring along her wallet or check book when the matches take place.
I'll be back with some photos and or video of the shemale skipper.
Hope to SEA you on the water.
Regards
Jun 08, 2016, 03:26 PM
Hello folks, I haven't posted in a while, slow progress, busy, busy.

I finally got to the deck painting stage on my T-47 Schooner. I just applied the second varnish coat. After my sloppy deck veneer job it is going to take several coats to get there. I also varnished the upper hull but plan to apply color there later.

Rod
Jun 08, 2016, 11:49 PM
Looking good there rkildu.....
Jun 24, 2016, 06:56 PM
Just an off topic bit of information. I'm sure many of you have chatted and exchanged information with "Ihurt" on this forum. Well he is living the dream sailing a 24'cat in the Race to Alaska. The race is 750 miles long and goes from Port Townsend WA to Victoria Canada and then north to Alaska. Visit this site R2Ak.com for great real time tracking information and other great information. There is also a Facebook page with some good action vids.
Aug 01, 2016, 04:08 PM
Still real busy, but it is letting up.

Started painting the schooner hull with a base coat of white enamel. I will likely paint it red above the water line.

Rod

Quick Reply