Sep 13, 2012, 01:00 AM
Thread OP
New Product

E-flite UMX Sbach 342 3D With AS3X.............

WOW what a re-do i love my Sbach and now with AS3X

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...#quickFeatures

The E-flite® UMX™ Sbach® 342 3D BNF Basic is a scale ultra micro RC airplane conveniently sized to fly at a park, large backyard or indoor space. Designed by world-class competition pilot and designer Mike McConville, it delivers incredible performance for precision aerobatics and extreme 3D. Thanks to its AS3X® stabilization system, it is truly amazing how much this UMX Sbach 342 3D performs like an expertly tuned giant-scale airplane. Whether you want to fly smooth scale maneuvers or wild 3D moves, AS3X technology gives you an amplified sense of authority and stability, even in moderately windy conditions.

Product Specifications
Wingspan: 17.0 in (432mm)
Overall Length: 16.6 in (422mm)
Wing Area: 65.0 sq. in. (4.2 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 2.65 oz (75 g)
Motor Size: 180-size 2500Kv brushless outrunner (installed)
Radio: 4+ channel transmitter (required)
Servos: (4) SA2030L performance linear long throw servos (installed)
Trim Scheme Colors: Blue, black, silver
CG (center of gravity): 1.3-1.5 in (33-38mm) back from leading edge of wing at fuselage
Wing Loading: 5.9 oz/sq ft
Prop Size: 5.0 x 2.75
Recommended Battery: 2S 7.4V 180mAh 20C LiPo

UMX Sbach 342 3D BNF Basic with AS3X Technology by E-flite (2 min 24 sec)

a quote on the new Sbach from designer Mike Mcconville with a few helpful tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcconville
Really glad to see the excitement about the new Sbach. I am really happy with it! Flies amazing! Here are a couple of points.

AS3X is tuned for this model. Goal is to get the maximumassist without oscillation. The tuning is different than our other models in order to get it.

The battery slot has been changed vs. the original model to allow the battery to go further back. More aft CG for 3D yet still very smooth with AS3X.

The CF reimforvrment is in reference to the CF on the stab. Did not add any additional to the fuse.

Motor is 2500Kv. IMO its MUCH better than the 2300 would be in it. Must bigger power and good duration.

Note this is a BNF Basic, meaning no battery or charger comes with it. I recommend the 2S 180mAh for indoor or calm weather flying. Use the 2S 200mAh (like supplied with the UMX Gee Bee and MiG 15) for breezy outdoor flying.

Hope you guys love it as much as I do!
cheers chuck
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Sep 13, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2012, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
I have been told one will be arriving at my door tomorrow morning so photos then an un-boxing will follow, with a maiden on the weekend with any luck

cheers chuck

PS the video has some really wicked flying in it WOW this thing is really amazing in the right hands
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Sep 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
RAFMAA
The paint scheme is awesome! I wish we could get the SU26 re-made on a brushless 2cell with as3x it would be great. but I guess not to dissimilar to this sbach
Sep 13, 2012, 04:03 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Thanks, Chuck

Bring it on!!!

BTW - This would be great for a hovering contest!

It'd require the expert management of Whichwaysup -- the most awesome aviator of all time.

And, since he'd be too modest to win, I'm pretty sure that first prize would go to Turnerm (second only to Brother 'Sup at hanging like a hummingbird).

Of course, that's just my prediction.
Last edited by pugsam; Jan 02, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Includes two sets of removable SFGs
Sep 13, 2012, 04:36 AM
BMFA 190658
I want one!!
Thank you Horizon Hobby.

Do us a favour though, don't go telling us a release date, just spring this one on us

Tony
Sep 13, 2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
I want one!!
Thank you Horizon Hobby.
Do us a favour though, don't go telling us a release date, just spring this one on us
Tony
Eflite page says late October.....but don't tell anyone
Sep 13, 2012, 04:45 AM
BMFA 190658
Hmm, they never mentioned a year
Sep 13, 2012, 05:46 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Hmmmmm...... They used the foam without any modifications so, there still a weak point where that vent is. And I'm not sure about the color. It's easy to loose orientation on an airplane that has too much blue and white.

Chuck, when you get yours, take a good look at the heavy battery plate in there. Maybe they replaced it with something lighter, or at least with something that hold the nose of the airplane together much better?

P.S.: Recommended battery: 180mah 20C ????????????????? That's a whooooooping 3.6amp max! Ouch
Sep 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
I review RC Products
I like the price!
Sep 13, 2012, 06:36 AM
Power Wheels Guru
I already have an AS3X Sbach, but I will very likely buying one of these, too.

The Price is better and WT should have them for around $125, vs $140+ for the old one.

RG is right about the orientation, the Dark color at the LE makes it it hard to hover when its a long ways away (actually not that far for a larger plane).

It's very hard to tell if its vertical, or falling off vertical... until its too late. There isn't enough contrast with the background and other reference points on the plane.
Sep 13, 2012, 06:49 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
Hmmmmm...... They used the foam without any modifications so, there still a weak point where that vent is. And I'm not sure about the color. It's easy to loose orientation on an airplane that has too much blue and white.

Chuck, when you get yours, take a good look at the heavy battery plate in there. Maybe they replaced it with something lighter, or at least with something that hold the nose of the airplane together much better?

P.S.: Recommended battery: 180mah 20C ????????????????? That's a whooooooping 3.6amp max! Ouch
I agree on the colors Blue Silver are the first colors you'll lose outdoors, at least it will be flown close most of the time. I Think the livery is kinda cool however I still like the thunderbolt better.

Nose reinforcement: Take a look at my attached image. This is almost a must for the nose. It is the first place to break every time.

Check the CG, If they just reused the old molds and servo locations it WILL be nose heavy. Start at 34mm from the wing LE and move back from there to suit your flying style.

-Brian
Sep 13, 2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
......I'm not sure about the color. It's easy to loose orientation on an airplane that has too much blue and white......
True dat!

Maybe the white areas could be tarted-up with another color(s).

Neon orange usually works for me.......

Wonder what kind of paint pen, sharpie, etc., would give vivid color without affecting the Sbach's foam?

Sep 13, 2012, 07:13 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam
True dat!

Maybe the white areas could be tarted-up with another color(s).

Neon orange usually works for me.......

Wonder what kind of paint pen, sharpie, etc., would give vivid color without affecting the Sbach's foam?

Sharpies! I bought the assorted color pack, works great!

-Brian
Sep 13, 2012, 08:16 AM
Boost rules!
Yeehaww! I am really looking forward to this one! Looks like I'm cancelling my AS3X3Sbach project.

Let's see.....a Gee Bee motor, 5030 prop, and a 3s 320 Babbelbatt aught to be just about perfect.

Joel
Sep 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Yeehaww! I am really looking forward to this one! Looks like I'm cancelling my AS3X3Sbach project.
Let's see.....a Gee Bee motor, 5030 prop, and a 3s 320 Babbelbatt aught to be just about perfect.
Joel
Ha!

I was just about to write a post, saying that I hope some of the Beast 3D gurus will weigh-in here with their thoughts on this Sbach's stock motor/prop/ESC/battery setup.....

Quick Reply