Whirlybird Profile Kellett - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 12, 2012, 08:33 PM
Is it realy and I looked it that over and over too! Does it realy going to make that big of a deal?
Dam it Bill
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
It did for me buddy. I couldn't get the hang angle needed that way. Look at the difference in the pics. The one on the right is the correct way.

DC
Oct 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Don:
Thanks for catching that,after some moto tool magic we are back on track! Good thing the last time I bought hinges they were in the bulk package.

Bill
Oct 15, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well all construction is done, only covering is left and then, intsall the power plant and servos ect,

Bill
Oct 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
Nice job Bill..........I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive..........must have taken a left turn some wear..............and I think that I will take a different approach to the build {as I did with the Scout} and that is to cover the parts prior to final assembly as I can see some tricky angles to get the iron into.
Keep up the good fight..................
Chris.............
Oct 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
Looking good Bill! You're going to love this one.
Oct 16, 2012, 01:13 PM
This build shouldn't be taking this long but with some unexpected health issues I can only work on it a little at a time..but I can see the end is near so check back for up dates.
Chris :
You must have the same postal driver as me I swear he had it in the back of the truck for at least a week before he found it.

Bill
Oct 17, 2012, 10:24 PM
Started covering and wow there are a lot of sides to this one.
Chris:
Covering before assembly might be eraser. Showing us as you go pictures would be nice.

Bill
Oct 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
Minor mod to fins......added a couple of cross braces on the inside....
Oct 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hey Chris:
It showed up! Good for you, it will be done before you know it.

Bill
Oct 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Nice work Bill..mine is stuck in customs waiting for me to pay import duties! Its been 3-4 years since I built my last profile and it was a cracking flier.
Rumour has it this new version is even better

Regards

Rich
Oct 19, 2012, 03:23 PM
Ya Rich, Me and Chris are having a go at it and from the videos in the front of the thread I can't wait to take it to the field and show her off. I finished the decals today but the old leg won't let me do anymore today, Another thing I wish I could fix!
Always have my camera in my pocket. The decals really make her POP. Tomorrow is another day have a look see.

Bill
Oct 19, 2012, 03:39 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Bill,
I didn't see those videos linked on the first page, perhaps I'm going mad ! I thought you chaps were talking riddles or just keeping stuff to yourselves!!..LOL

Don,
Great flying mate off Terra Firma and water!!

Regards

Rich
Oct 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Bill ...That's a fine looking machine you have there sir....
Rich.....Import duties??? in OZ the government gave up on that "red tape" years ago on any thing under a $1000.00
Chris.........
Oct 19, 2012, 09:18 PM

Never throw anything RC out

I had some old servo doors from a wing in the bone yard cut them down painted them, now just peel back some covering and epoxy them on and another job complete. YES yes I am a RC hoard-it.

Bill