Jan 24, 2013, 04:26 PM
Will fly for food
A wrap of carbon fiber and Kevlar with epoxy is what your finger needs.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 08:07 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
I always use CA for composite bandages.

As far as my DLG, I did nothing but try to avoid it as I threw my jacket in the car.

But I did get home to find a pile of new servos that just arrived.

I think all I need to finish the build for the P2s in the closet are some pushrods and teflon tubing (I'll ping ASK @ RCBuilder.com, for simplicities sake) and some CF tow to reinforce the tailboom.

Anybody have an idea of what kind of CF tow I should be looking for?
Jan 25, 2013, 07:02 AM
Climbed out in a thermal today, conditions were turbulent but winds were coming up hill, lift was hard to find and then a nice thermal formed, quite choppy and difficult to stay in but I managed to follow it till it went over houses and then I brought it home as I did not trust the thermal, my eyesight or my frozen thumbs to go any further out, around 6 mins flight and got few over 2 mins, only stayed for an hour this time as was too cold in the wind and catching plane was hit and miss and with ground being hard and icy did not want to damage blaster some more after yesterdays incident.
Not bad for January in yorkshire in the snow though!

Thanks for the tips on a carbon/kevlar epoxy finger wrap lol, I think I might try a rubber door stop stuck on front of wing though then save the wing and my finger lol.
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
Jan 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
Play that funky music right
Took it off the shelf, looked at it wishing for spring, and put it back. It took all of 15 seconds to accomplish that.

Ken
Jan 25, 2013, 01:57 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Better than me, Ken. I took one look at how messy my workshop was and decided to not even go looking for my planes and not bother building the 3 DLGs still in kit form!!

I'll get to it hopefully sooner than later.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
I updated my work desktop with the photo of a CX2 and the moon at JEM someone posted in Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4467067...7632575750706/

Nice photo!

Makes me think of my own CX2 waiting to be untombed for the SportTube for friendlier skies...

Closest I can get to flying for now....
Jan 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
Went out and flew the Alula for the first time... I am pretty dissapointed. I think my expectations were too high, I think I have been spoiled flying my Stobel and my little Binary 900. I should of learned my lesson when I bought the Calypso and it just felt mushy and inefficient.

I might give it a go one more time.. but I think its destined for the classifieds section
Jan 27, 2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High
I updated my work desktop with the photo of a CX2 and the moon at JEM someone posted in Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4467067...7632575750706/

Nice photo!

Makes me think of my own CX2 waiting to be untombed for the SportTube for friendlier skies...

Closest I can get to flying for now....

Brian who flew in the recent JEM contest took those. He takes great photos.

He goes by Brain52 on the forums here.
Jan 27, 2013, 08:21 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadServo
Went out and flew the Alula for the first time... I am pretty dissapointed. I think my expectations were too high, I think I have been spoiled flying my Stobel and my little Binary 900. I should of learned my lesson when I bought the Calypso and it just felt mushy and inefficient.

I might give it a go one more time.. but I think its destined for the classifieds section
A Stobel it is not. But if its built really light, trimmed right and the is lift it will go up. I almost gave up on mine and then hooked a 4 min flight. I think it makes you work harder and rewards you when you fly a true DLG.
Jan 27, 2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
A Stobel it is not. But if its built really light, trimmed right and the is lift it will go up. I almost gave up on mine and then hooked a 4 min flight. I think it makes you work harder and rewards you when you fly a true DLG.
I have to agree there, the Alula does make you work harder, but sets you up quite well for when you fly true DLG.

I learnt on the Alula for 4 months before i got a true DLG, and although it was hard work, i loved every minute of it.

D
Jan 27, 2013, 08:36 PM
Totally Twisted
I compare the alula to running a marathon with ankle weights. Switch back to a real DLG and it launches higher, glides better and just makes it seem easier to fly.
Jan 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
I flew my really worn Chinook today at a little after 4pm. 35F 8mph from SE. Best flight on the day was right at 60 seconds. Thermals were there but a bit soft and I couldn't chase them too far.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Jan 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
Went out to TVES in east Tucson after flying at Maxwell Sch. It was cloudy here in Tucson today but I had a good time flying my Orion. Will be getting another one next Sat. that's 1.5oz lighter which mean's I should be launching higher. At Maxwell I let Ryan do most of the flying as he didn't have anything to fly, I know he enjoyed it.
Jan 28, 2013, 08:41 AM
Too windy and downhill and turbulant here now to do any flying let alone dlg, still it's nice that I managed a big of a run for a few days in Jan!
Nice to see you all enjoying yourselves though, I really must convince my wife that we should leave Yorkshire and move to Colorado, it looks an awsome place to fly rc gliders.
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter

Quick Reply