Sep 23, 2012, 08:59 PM
Play that funky music right
Tossed my TS 1 about 20 time more or less. Wind was 10+ but no more than 15. I had 1/2 ounce ballast in at first then took it out. Launched into corn husk (dirt) devil once. It spit me right out There was lift but I could never stay in it long enough to do any good with it. I need to do some more reading' about that I guess.

Off topic, but I instructed a new power pilot to his first successful landing today. Now I need to bring him over to the "light" side of flying. He did say the DLG was pretty neat.

Oh! My launches were much better today. I discovered a little hop works best for me.... At least right now it does.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
Team ATX Pilot
I did this.
Arizona Sun DLG (2 min 53 sec)
Sep 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
hot air rises...
Nice Donnie!
This is what I did today. Needed a quick fix and didn't have time to run to the field. I know I "shouldn't" but...

DLG in the Cul-de-Sac (2 min 12 sec)
Sep 23, 2012, 11:44 PM
Team ATX Pilot
And whats wrong with that? Very nice.
Sep 23, 2012, 11:57 PM
Sure it'll work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch
Nice Donnie!
This is what I did today. Needed a quick fix and didn't have time to run to the field. I know I "shouldn't" but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoEGnk7EIc
I don't think I could resist doing that if I were in your shoes. That was a nice long "quick fix". I think we should come to your place for a fun fly Bar-B-Q in the street

Very nice
Last edited by Flyextreme; Sep 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Sep 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
Mike M.
Donnie, I recognize those shoes...

Finch, quit having so much fun without me. I'm jealous!

Sep 24, 2012, 02:44 AM
Besides swindell tailsets, Any other great options out there ??
Sep 24, 2012, 03:26 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Did you get the camera stabilization worked out?
Sep 24, 2012, 08:18 AM
hot air rises...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Did you get the camera stabilization worked out?
Yes and no... I built a couple different stabilization mounts. The first was way to touchy and the second was way too heavy. I'm waiting for parts from Amazon for version 3 .
Sep 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Kyle Clayton
Thread OP
Cool videos! I really need to get me one of them fancy GP2's!

Today, I added some prism tape vinyl blocks to my 2 DLG's wings, I had a couple of times this weekend on the way back where I thought having some sparkle would sure be nice. I might even do some white electrical tape on the nose, a couple of guys this weekend had it done on theirs and you can really see it way out there. I also flew for a few minutes then abruptly had to stop when my aforementioned dog came running to me biting on his legs. Flea infestation. Greeeaaattt. Just got finished cleaning and fogging the house to get rid of them.....
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Sep 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Will fly for food
I just did that with the tape on the wings and flew it today. It works great.
Sep 26, 2012, 04:49 AM
Flew my Stobel on dusk today.. First flight on a 1cell lipo, 600mah and total weight is now 248 grams. neutral CG but great for dead air.
Sep 26, 2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone
Dbone, thanks for posting the video. It looked good.

I'm new to DLG's, but know enough to be dangerous. Do you use a launch preset? I notice you launch fairly level, but your plane arcs up pretty steeply. What presets do you use, and when do you turn them on/off?

Thanks,
Colin
Sep 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
Play that funky music right
I WILL be giving her a toss or two..... or 20 or 30. My new power plane is on the back burner because of this DLG stuff

Ken
Sep 26, 2012, 03:23 PM
Russ Young
Flew the Helios by the Cemetery at work....the air was alive.

Quick Reply