Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
lardo5150 is offline
Find More Posts by lardo5150
Registered User
The whole reason I got into this hobby is to eventually fly one of these jets.
I can't believe there are no quality companies make jets like this. They are obviously in demand.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:14 PM
CarreraGTSCS is offline
Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
Lori, hey, you're home early
CarreraGTSCS's Avatar
Glad I read this. I had the big F-22 in my cart to order but had seconds thoughts and decided to do a thorough search here. Typical BH BS. I only ever get bare airframes when they drop to cheap prices. Just a hunk of foam and they don't care. Had a similar incident a couple years back with a geared twin motored model. First flight one of the gearboxes locked up in a turn about 25 feet up. Instantly rolled over and went in. There was not enough alt to recover. Got nowhere with them. Airframes only.

Hey BH-- You lost a sale. (Like they care)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:44 AM
TheMissingCard is offline
Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
The whole reason I got into this hobby is to eventually fly one of these jets.
I can't believe there are no quality companies make jets like this. They are obviously in demand.
I been doing ALOT of research on edf's since receiving my kit. It really seams to come down to foam does not go 100+MPH happily. There are several specialty builders that build in fiberglass and composits that sell wonderful edf's; however, they are gonna cost you. These jets cost $1k to $5k, and up, for the airframe only!

I have also seen a few fiberglass edf's that looked good enough; I am currently looking at Projet's models for a new home for the electronics I put into my Banana Hobby F-22 when it wears out.

Also keep in mind, high quality companies take a very long time to bring models to market, due to better engineering and real testing. Electric rc flight has really only gone mainstream popular in the past couple years, due to the fast evolution of electronics and batteries. Two years ago my club had only a few electric piolots, most of which were flying gliders. Now my club is about 50/50 glow/electric. I agree the demand is there! I am willing to bet Horizon Hobby has some cool edf's in the works right now, just gotta wait. Just don't expect a full function F-22 for $400 that is made with top of the line components and well engineered!

Have fun and don't get discouraged. If those are what got you into this hobby, never loose that dream, but have fun with what is here now till then.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
wingspan100 is offline
Find More Posts by wingspan100
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
I would have been happy with an airframe replacement.
Since I have most of the electronics from the crashed F-22.
But since they blamed it on me, this thread will live on...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:29 AM
Quickdraw62 is offline
Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Registered User
They blamed me for my heli taking off for no apparent reason and crashing BEFORE I could even get a chance to test fly it. The transmitter wouldn't bind to the heli. All of the sudden, the thing took off and without a transmitter, I was helpless to do anything. It crashed and broke apart into many pieces. Then the PCB and batteries burned out. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the blades.

The last email I sent to a tech called Jimmy was that I suggest they send me a new one as I paid $250 for that thing. Apparently they're ignoring this request as I haven't heard from them in about 3 weeks. Even after I resent another tech request.

I'll NEVER do business with these frauds again!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
wingspan100 is offline
Find More Posts by wingspan100
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw62 View Post
They blamed me for my heli taking off for no apparent reason and crashing BEFORE I could even get a chance to test fly it. The transmitter wouldn't bind to the heli. All of the sudden, the thing took off and without a transmitter, I was helpless to do anything. It crashed and broke apart into many pieces. Then the PCB and batteries burned out. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the blades.

The last email I sent to a tech called Jimmy was that I suggest they send me a new one as I paid $250 for that thing. Apparently they're ignoring this request as I haven't heard from them in about 3 weeks. Even after I resent another tech request.

I'll NEVER do business with these frauds again!
Sorry to hear you were treated so badly.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
capt soap is offline
Find More Posts by capt soap
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
What state is BH in? Call the attorney general maybe? Ive always wanted a f-22... No way after thread after thread about poor service..
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Quickdraw62 is offline
Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Registered User
They're in California. It's a hard one to win becuase they state on their agreement that if anything happens to the device while in your custody, unless it is determined by BH that it was a defective device, you're basically S.O.L.

From my experience, and from what I've read on here and elsewhere, they don't easily admit it's a faulty device. And they definitely don't work with you to make your experience a good one.

Basically because they have only email from tech support, if they don't want to get in touch with you, again you're S.O.L. Which is what happened to me. They made their decision and are now blowing me off.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 AM
lardo5150 is offline
Find More Posts by lardo5150
Registered User
I can't believe there are no other companies selling these jets.
There is obviously a demand for them.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:34 AM
yeom is offline
Find More Posts by yeom
Registered User
i read how bad they were. gave them the benefit of the doubt. will never buy from them again.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:44 PM
DHjets is offline
Find More Posts by DHjets
Registered User
They sell junk. Nothing but.
foam and plastic.
What do you expect?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:26 PM
RCWorks is offline
Find More Posts by RCWorks
Happy days are here again!
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan100 View Post
We are talking plastic elevator axles. This is clearly a design flaw.
FlyFly uses metal for their full flying stabs.
I would not expect my elevators to come flying off in flight would you?
I would have to agree that the material was not up to the job. I get squeemish if they were aluminum tubing like Hobbypeoples offering of a few years back.

Figure you have to look their stuff over and do a few "engineering upgrades"... While for a $400 kit you should not have too and for $400 it should not be made out of EPS either.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:54 PM
wingspan100 is offline
Find More Posts by wingspan100
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I would have to agree that the material was not up to the job. I get squeemish if they were aluminum tubing like Hobbypeoples offering of a few years back.

Figure you have to look their stuff over and do a few "engineering upgrades"... While for a $400 kit you should not have too and for $400 it should not be made out of EPS either.
I agree totally! I could have accepted doing the engineering upgrades had there
been some type of service bulletin or noticed attached to the kit.
But sadly there wasn't. Therefore I had no way of knowing plastic axles alone would fail.
Thanks Banana Hobby for the great service! (very sarcastic)
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:32 AM
RCWorks is offline
Find More Posts by RCWorks
Happy days are here again!
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan100 View Post
I agree totally! I could have accepted doing the engineering upgrades had there
been some type of service bulletin or noticed attached to the kit.
But sadly there wasn't. Therefore I had no way of knowing plastic axles alone would fail.
Thanks Banana Hobby for the great service! (very sarcastic)
I look at EPS as maybe the $50 kit material, It's cheap, breaks and I only use it when making a few prototypes or something for myself... I could not go over $30 on a wing made of it...

But for a large scale foamie that I'm not selling to someone else, that's just for me and if it has a problem it's my problem and no one elses I use it here and there.

For that kind of money I would expect it to be at least made of EPO or ELAPOR...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:10 AM
D_FAST is online now
Find More Posts by D_FAST
Registered User
D_FAST's Avatar
I feel for you Wingspan100.
Obvious design flaw!

When ever i buy these cheap Chinese styrofoam kits, it is a rule of thumb "for me" to tear it all apart and double check everything. glues/pivots/servos/etc...........
We all know why we save a few 100$ on these kits, the lack of quality,testing, documentation,etc... Other wise we would be paying e-flite, Park zone pricing....
And i bet they would have sent you out a new air frame, but then you would have paid 2x the amount if there name was on it.

In short its up to the consumer to QC the products, at these pricing.

What im driving at here,

If I would have seen non-reinforced plastic pivot tube, on a what 5 lb+ air frame?
It would have been the first thing i modded!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW V2 50mm W/GYRO F-22 from banana BLOWZILLA Foamy EDFs 99 Dec 26, 2013 03:15 AM
Sold or Trade LPU Banana Hobby Super F-22...12 CH 2.4 GHz donho1 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 4 Jul 11, 2012 10:46 PM
Sold or Trade LPU Banana Hobby Super F-22...12 CH 2.4 GHz donho1 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Jul 10, 2012 09:05 AM
Sold or Trade LPU Banana Hobby Super F-22...12 CH 2.4 GHz donho1 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 10, 2012 08:58 AM
Cool Seattle Flight Report for 4-22-12 (Ravin 2ed Flt) Bob Cook Sailplane Talk 6 Apr 23, 2012 08:36 PM