Thread Tools
Sep 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks
We should have a fun fly here one weekend.I can cook burgers and stuff. And just have fun flying with other people
I'm down for that.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Yeah definitely.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
Yeah the weather is getting nice and cool.This is perfect flying weather to me.And the leaves will be changing soon so it will look nice from above
Sep 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
Yall just let me know I'm good with just about any weekend unless I have to work.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M
That's great. What kind of range are you getting from that video RX/TX/antenna?

Have you ever flown with another guy on the DL v2? That's what I have, wondering if any cross/interference.
My record is 17 km made one week ago. Never flown with somebody else on the DL.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD
My record is 17 km made one week ago. Never flown with somebody else on the DL.
That's really great.

Where'd you fly from?
Sep 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M
That's really great.

Where'd you fly from?
In MD, Montgomery County from South (River Rd), over Little Seneca Lake to the N.
It was very light N wind before rain and no comm airplanes.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD
In MD, Montgomery County from South (River Rd), over Little Seneca Lake to the N.
It was very light N wind before rain and no comm airplanes.
Cool. You flying this weekend?

I have to maiden my X8.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
The DL is suppose to be ok with more then one flying at the same time from what I remember reading somewhere.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:12 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M
Cool. You flying this weekend?

I have to maiden my X8.
It depends of the weather, wind direction.
I'd prefer to fly somewhere I won't see commercial airplanes, cause I need at least 800-1000m to fly far away.
Woodstock is a best area w/strong thermals or gonna find some place on SkyLine w/good landing.
Just checked w/forecast - on Sat gonna be a little windy (11-14ml/h), but on Sunday - NW about 4-6ml/h - looks better.
Last edited by IL76MD; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD
It depends of the weather, wind direction.
I'd prefer to fly somewhere I won't see commercial airplanes, cause I need at least 800-1000m to fly far away.
Woodstock is a best area w/strong thermals or gonna find some place on SkyLine w/good landing.
Just checked w/forecast - on Sat gonna be a little windy (11-14ml/h), but on Sunday - NW about 4-6ml/h - looks better.
800m-1000m of altitude for the plane(AGL) - or you want to be at 800-1000m elevation?
Sep 14, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M
Hey, Nick. We won't hold being from Philly against you! Haha. (I'm a skins fan.)

Just finishing up an x8 build myself. What do you have in yours?
It actually just arrived the other day and I'm doing mach-ups on where I might be putting the components, Been reading on the x8 form about the best esc/motor/prop combo and I'm scratching my head on that atm but I will be doing some neat things to my x8 that I didn't take the time to do on either of my skywalkers(zoom cam,cam switchers,gopro as fpv cam)
Sep 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengaleng
It actually just arrived the other day and I'm doing mach-ups on where I might be putting the components, Been reading on the x8 form about the best esc/motor/prop combo and I'm scratching my head on that atm but I will be doing some neat things to my x8 that I didn't take the time to do on either of my skywalkers(zoom cam,cam switchers,gopro as fpv cam)
Definitely want to do go-pro as FPV. But I haven't sorted out how I want to mount it.

I also think the HoryzonHD would be an interesting camera. Don't think the quality is quite as high as the GoPro.
Sep 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
Registered User
Hey guys just want to introduce myself into the mix. My name is John and I live down in Fredericksburg, VA, been flying FPV for over a year down here. I been flying RC on and off for nearly 15 years. I currently flying 72 MHz (Futaba 9Cap) on an EZ with gopro; I have hit a max distance of 2 miles. Fly 1.2 video system with a clover on the plane and Helix on the ground. Honestly the only reason I havenít stepped up to a UHF system at the moment is due to I want to move to the next platform (either a ZII or Skywalker). I have 100+ flights on my EZ and recently went from a monitor to Fatsharks (big difference). Anyways just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself to the group.
Sep 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M
800m-1000m of altitude for the plane(AGL) - or you want to be at 800-1000m elevation?
I need 1000m up (height, altitude) for my SW just to catch a good thermal. Sorry, confused w/elevation.
Still didn't decide where to go on Sunday - 1. near Woodstock (there are no airplanes, but could be a little strong wind),
or 2. near Potomac, MD (just for testing new big wing (2.6m) for my SW).
Last edited by IL76MD; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:22 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question how to step up 11.1V 3 cell lipo DC to 12V DC for my FPV monitor? TheSelf FPV Talk 17 Sep 09, 2015 10:28 AM
Off Site Not mine but LPU huge collection DC area skydvejam Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Aug 22, 2012 10:27 PM
Discussion Any experienced FPV pilots in Sturbridge, MA area? slowjett FPV Talk 5 Apr 17, 2012 08:47 PM
For Sale 3DHS 59" Slick RX Ready LPU - Norther Virginia, MD, DC area SalamSyed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Mar 26, 2012 11:25 PM
Help! DC/DC converter for fpv up2late FPV Talk 3 Jan 27, 2010 12:53 AM