Dec 02, 2012, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Excellent! I hope you got to fly a little at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
It was perfect here all day no fog and no winds.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
nope lol since no one was coming i did stuff around the house lol But it was perfect weather
Dec 03, 2012, 04:45 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Hey Guys - Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. This weekend was awesome and the next few days look even better.

I've been completely MIA - new baby, and my housed got destroyed in that hurricane Sandy. I haven't had time for much...

I got a buddy of mine interested, he's building a Skywalker and trying to nail down a video camera.

Is anybody using a GoPro Hero3 yet?
Dec 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Registered User
I'm sorry to hear your house got destroyed! I hope insurance is taking care of you. I didn't think we got hit that hard in the DC area, at least not here in NOVA. What happened to you in Falls Church? Tree fall on it?

I have a Hero3 Black on order and am anxiously awaiting it as the reviews have been pretty good.

Cheers,
-Paul


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
Hey Guys - Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. This weekend was awesome and the next few days look even better.

I've been completely MIA - new baby, and my housed got destroyed in that hurricane Sandy. I haven't had time for much...

I got a buddy of mine interested, he's building a Skywalker and trying to nail down a video camera.

Is anybody using a GoPro Hero3 yet?
Dec 04, 2012, 12:40 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Yeah... an 80 year old oak. Just blew over and crushed it. Luckily we weren't hurt.

The black 3! Awesome camera... anxious to hear about the live video output performance.
Dec 25, 2012, 10:42 AM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
Merry Christmas everyone.Hope everyone is having a good one I got enough Christmas money to get me a pengiun
Dec 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
Yeah, great!! I got a Starmax A-1 Skyraider, can't wait to get it started.
Dec 31, 2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
happy new year everyone
Jan 11, 2013, 06:55 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
wow this sunday is suppose to be 70.Hope everyone is doing good
Jan 30, 2013, 11:31 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Hey hey. Long time no talk... I'm finally back in my house after the Hurricane Sandy chopped it in half. All that happened about 4 days before my wife gave birth to our first. A happy, healthy, little girl...

So I've been MIA for the last 12 weeks. But we are settled, baby sleeping through the night, the nanny on duty and I'm back in the garage.

I'm ready to get my wing up. My wife got me the awesome GoPro Hero 3 Black!

Hope we get a break in the weather soon. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Jan 31, 2013, 12:55 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
twinturbostang's Avatar
Checking in. Hadn't seen this thread before. I'm in the Germantown/Gaithersburg area of MD most of the time. Have flown at a number of places around here including ball fields, AMA fields, farm land, etc.

If you guys are planning on getting together again sometime, I'm game.

Brian

P.S. IL76MD: I know exactly where you flew from on your 18KM flight. I've thought about flying from there too since it's such a large open space. Do you know the property owner? Or did you just show up and fly?
Jan 31, 2013, 08:44 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Brian - what's up buddy. Glad to have you on the thread. What kind of equipment are you flying?
Jan 31, 2013, 09:56 PM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
Checking in. Hadn't seen this thread before. I'm in the Germantown/Gaithersburg area of MD most of the time. Have flown at a number of places around here including ball fields, AMA fields, farm land, etc.

If you guys are planning on getting together again sometime, I'm game.

Brian

P.S. IL76MD: I know exactly where you flew from on your 18KM flight. I've thought about flying from there too since it's such a large open space. Do you know the property owner? Or did you just show up and fly?
Hi, Brian

actually, I've met him accidentally on purpose, he is a very friendly man.
Just asked me do not trash this place. Sometime ago a police officer visited that place,
asking a couple of the questions, just wondering.
And, flying in to N, NNW direction is a best way, cause of the frequency noise at that area.
Tried different directions, but lost video very shortly, just in 3-5 km away.
I'm coming there only if the wind from N, NW and not too strong.

And, last weekend was flying at Lorton South County MSchool, VA - there is a big space for flying, too.
And it is good for S, SW, SE wind.
Last edited by IL76MD; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
Jan 31, 2013, 11:31 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
twinturbostang's Avatar
Oso: I have a TwinStar w/ DragonLink control and 1280 or 900 MHz video. DragonOSD. GoPro. etc. The works. Been flying it for A LONG time. She's got a lot of miles on her. Lots of crashes too.

I have a scratch built Quad that I recently started flying. Going to be putting the FPV gear on it soon.

IL76MD:
That's cool. What video frequency do you have problems on? And where exactly?

I've flown at White's Ferry from farm land. Another FPV friend actually asked the farmer for permission. Really cool place to fly from, going out over the river and seeing the ferry down below.
White's Ferry FPV - 6/3/2011 (10 min 13 sec)
Feb 01, 2013, 02:06 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
Oso: I have a TwinStar w/ DragonLink control and 1280 or 900 MHz video. DragonOSD. GoPro. etc. The works. Been flying it for A LONG time. She's got a lot of miles on her. Lots of crashes too.

I have a scratch built Quad that I recently started flying. Going to be putting the FPV gear on it soon.

IL76MD:
That's cool. What video frequency do you have problems on? And where exactly?

I've flown at White's Ferry from farm land. Another FPV friend actually asked the farmer for permission. Really cool place to fly from, going out over the river and seeing the ferry down below.
https://vimeo.com/24631579
Sounds like a great rig. My buddy just got the DragonOSD for a Skywalker 1900. We're looking to test it out this weekend.

We're both using Dragonlink for control as well.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question how to step up 11.1V 3 cell lipo DC to 12V DC for my FPV monitor? TheSelf FPV Talk 17 Sep 09, 2015 10:28 AM
Off Site Not mine but LPU huge collection DC area skydvejam Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Aug 22, 2012 10:27 PM
Discussion Any experienced FPV pilots in Sturbridge, MA area? slowjett FPV Talk 5 Apr 17, 2012 08:47 PM
For Sale 3DHS 59" Slick RX Ready LPU - Norther Virginia, MD, DC area SalamSyed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Mar 26, 2012 11:25 PM
Help! DC/DC converter for fpv up2late FPV Talk 3 Jan 27, 2010 12:53 AM