This thread is privately moderated by Azarr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 09, 2012, 05:34 PM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Thread OP
Discussion

2 new planes maidened today

Getting ready for NEAT and needed to test fly these before the event. Finally got some good weather, 70deg, light breeze.

The Quadshot is and interesting design that I was a backer on Kickstarter.

If you're not familiar with Kickstarter, It's a funding source for projects. basically you pledge a certain amount and get something in return. Normally $1.00 gets you a thank you and a larger pledge gets you the product at reduced cost and you watch the development along the way. Of course, you're taking the chance that the project may fail and in that case your out your investment.

The Quadshot is a 4 motored flying wing with a sophisticated FC based on open source. So if you're into that stuff you can program/modify the board etc. The Quadshot transmitter has a 3 position switch. In mode 1 it flys like a helicopter take off and lands vertically, switch to mode 2 and it flys horizontally like any wing. Mode 3 is the acrobatic mode. Surprisingly easy to fly, got a few pictures, but no video. I'll have it at NEAT if you want to see it in person.

The Outlaw is just a big foam version of the Extreme Flight Outlaw designed by Jerry L. Smith. I increased the size to 42" and am currently flying with a Hacker A30-28S on 3s with either an 11x5.5 prop or 10x7. I'd say the speed in in the 50-55mph range with the 11" prop and 60-65 with the 10x7. With 758sq in of wing slow flight is where it really shines, beautiful harriers.

Azarr
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
Watt Waster

Delta 4 Motor

Interesting idea to put 4 motors on a large delta. I would imagine it would be a lot to handle, but the slow fly mode sounds great.
Feb 17, 2013, 02:51 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
You know, you could lose that in the corn field behind you and you and I could spend a week and never find it.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

I just saw this. Feb 2013
Mar 01, 2014, 01:50 PM
Blew out my flip flop
Azarr,

Do you have drawings, dimensions, or anything published here on the foamy Outlaw? Would like to copy it if I could

thanks,
David

Quick Reply