Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by SohoR1
Discussion

Great Planes P-40 Warhawk micro servos

Great Planes P-40 Warhawk .25

I am setting up this plane with a glow engine, which micro servos and receiver battery would you recommend?

Thank you!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by Gray Beard
Hitec HS 82s. Battery pack?? I fly with one fellow that races for JR and he has been making up high capacity 6 volt packs from AAA batteries to save weight and get the benefits of the 6 volts. I have my packs made for me by Batteries Plus so they are fresh cells. Battery packs are a choice thing but I like to get as much capacity in a pack as I can get, I also like 6 volts. My choice.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:09 PM
Wish I had a guy like that at my field...where is the best place to get both the servos and receiver battery packs (quick shipping preferred) ?
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
AMA 537620
I like these for small to medium planes...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPYL6&P=0

Not 6v, but I don't think you'll really see a benefit of 6v your average .25 sized sport plane.

You can get HS-82s from tower as well... I tend to use the cheaper HS-81s, but if I had more money I'd spring for HS-82s which are the metal gear equivalent.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by Gray Beard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SohoR1 View Post
Wish I had a guy like that at my field...where is the best place to get both the servos and receiver battery packs (quick shipping preferred) ?
Servo City, I have gotten a lot of stuff from them when they have a sale.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by mosquitowings
personally I've gone to 800 to 1000 mah 7.2volt lipo's with a 5amp bec downstream of the switch for all my planes up to and including .40 size. I have been getting them from hobby king and can set up a plane for less than $10.00 easily.
Another plus for the smaller birds is that this setup weighs practically nothing!
JMHO
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
Mosquitowings, can you send me a link of a sample battery and ESC on hobby king? That sounds like a great set up.