Feb 12, 2018, 01:13 AM
scb28
Yeah, you guys did good today. Everybody else either broke or got flooded out. I think my #19 was under water as much as it was on top of it. I had to empty a quart or so of water from the bilge, twice. Gotta fix that before the nats. I pulled all the electronics out and took the covers off the servos to let 'em dry out. I'll seal them up when I reassemble them. Congrats to you and Rob.

scb28
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 12:04 AM
I 54 NCR update. Momentum is building for the I 54 NCR.
Any other Sacramento or SFMYC boats going to commit?
Entrants:
Ryan Schofield
Rob Weaver
Steve Bechtold
Steve Vaszovsky
Mar 12, 2018, 01:55 AM
I 54 NCR is only a week away. Anyone on the fence, send in those entries. Loaner boats are available. Ryan

Entrants:
Ryan Schofield
Rob Weaver
Steve Bechtold
Steve Vaszovsky
Jim Harold
Bob Eger
Mar 12, 2018, 11:10 PM
NCR Update

Entrants:
Ryan Schofield
Rob Weaver
Steve Bechtold
Steve Vaszovsky
Jim Harold
Bob Eger
Jason Halaby
Mar 13, 2018, 07:05 PM
NCR Entries:
Ryan Schofield
Rob Weaver
Steve Bechtold
Steve Vaszovsky
Jim Harold
Bob Eger
Jason Halaby
Reese Fay

Anyone else???
Mar 17, 2018, 11:03 PM

I 54 NCR 2018 day one

Wind was almost non existent when racing started at 11AM. By race four wind had built to about 5kts and was shifty. Seven boats were on the line to contest the NCR. First four races went well, especially for Steve Bechtold who took a bullet in the first race. Jason Halaby and I shared a 1,2 for almost a tie for first after four races. Lunch was served by our amazing Deb Salerno in the clubhouse. Steve V worked on repairing his boat after having a sheet snag on something inside the boat. As racers returned from lunch the wind had come up a bit more and things were going to get interesting. Steve Bechtold was sailing well in race five and took second, somehow, I managed to lead this race and take a bullet. Race six saw Rob Weaver come after me and just fell a bit short as I managed to win this race. The rest of the day become a Rob Weaver show, with him winning four races during the last six races. Jim Harold was often in the hunt, but for some reason kept finding crummy shifts or big holes. Reese Fay from Sacramento Model Yacht club who was sailing his first NCR showed good speed at times, but struggled to break into the top four. Jason Halaby showed he was still a force to reckon with by winning the last race of the day. All in all, a good day. Thank you Mike Gross and team for some good racing. Look forward to more on Sunday. Ryan Schofield I 54 NCR Chairperson
Last edited by Rssailor; Mar 19, 2018 at 01:10 AM.
Mar 23, 2018, 04:34 AM

I 54 ncr 2018

For the first time since 2013 an I 54 NCR was held. Eight skippers signed up to sail. Seven skippers showed up to the club on Saturday morning and had their boats weighed in. A short skippers meeting was held and then everyone was sent up to the north side of Spreckles Lake to get ready to race.
Almost no wind greeted the sailors and race committee upon arrival at the lake. After a brief delay several races were sailed in very light zephyrs. As the day went on more wind filled in and racing/sailing got better. Several skippers showed that they were here to compete and do well. Rob Weaver and the author worked hard to do well. Both Steve Bechtold and Jim Harold were determined to challenge every step of the way. Steve V from Sacramento had his boat sailing reasonably well, until it broke down. With the loan of a part from the author, Steve V fixed his boat at lunch and was able to sail the majority of the races after lunch. Our newcomers Jason Halaby and Reese Fay sailed well, with Jason doing very well ending Saturday in third. Jason was unable to sail Sunday which was unfortunate. Sunday racing again started with very light almost non existent wind. Several races were run before lunch Sunday and Rob Weaver sailed very well and had closed the lead on the author. Also before lunch Jim Harold and Steve V would both win races. After lunch seems my luck came back to keep me in contention. All in all Sunday five skippers took bullets. A tie for third between Steve Bechtold and Jim Harold had to be broken by PRO Mike Gross. Great close racing was had and I think the ties between the Sacramento fleet and the SF fleet were renewed. Thanks to a great Race Committee lead by Mike Gross with Charlie R. and John Christman Judges, plus Ian Mcllenand and observers Ed Schoenstein, Bob Gallager, and David Sands.
Ryan Schofield I 54 AMYA Class Secretary

Results
Ryan Schofield 1st
Rob Weaver 2nd
Steve Bechtold 3rd
Jim Harold 4th
Steve Vaczovsky 5th
Jason Halaby 6th
Reese Fay 7th
Bob Eger 8th DNC
Last edited by Rssailor; Apr 05, 2018 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply