Dec 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
uptime4downtime
Best I've seen with the iPhone was guys who used the vent mounts, and mod them to their caps. Easily click the phone in and out of the holder, and really nice video!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime
Best I've seen with the iPhone was guys who used the vent mounts, and mod them to their caps. Easily click the phone in and out of the holder, and really nice video!
Vent mounts?
Dec 25, 2012, 03:10 AM
uptime4downtime
Yes. They are for mounting iPhones on car vents etc. illntry to find a link
Dec 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher
I was feeling left out because everyone else was posting pics of their plane so I thought I would post one of mine.
Looks very nice but I think that greenery will prove to be a bit on the draggy side
Dec 25, 2012, 07:33 AM
I hope to get out and do a little flying today if the weather cooperates. I got the riv-nut I put in the lg plate rethreaded for the 10/24 nylon bolts so I hope to test it and see how it works. I did get my backup plane in time for Christmas, and I think I'm going to just remove the 4mm blind nuts and replace them with two of the #10 riv-nuts and that shoud be sufficient for the lg. Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone and happy holidays.
Dec 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime
Yes. They are for mounting iPhones on car vents etc. illntry to find a link
Great idea!! That will be a little less red neck. I will have to hit Walmart tomorrow.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to those it applies to. I hope to maiden the Edge later today.
Dec 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
Looks very nice but I think that greenery will prove to be a bit on the draggy side
Not to worry, The plane has been removed from under our green foliage. I even tried to look surprised.
Dec 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
Ready to fly!!
Dec 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
Another pic
Dec 25, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow
Little windy, but it was fun. Have not tried anything fancy but so far I am not sure I will stay with the Hengli - just not the punch I was hoping for.

New GForce Elite Series 30C 2200mAh 3S 11.1V.

Will try some more later and see if I can change my mind.
What prop are you running on the Hengli?
Dec 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
I managed a couple of windy flights with the new lg setup and so far so good. Landings were rough enough to finally rip the wheel fairings off (I'm surprised they have lasted this long) and the lg didn't break off. Not real hard landings but hard enough I think the lg would have broken off with just the two original bolts. I only did two flights due to the wind and cold. So it seems like adding one #10 nylon bolt will do the trick.
Dec 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher
What prop are you running on the Hengli?
APC 13 x 6.5E
Dec 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Crasher
I've got hs65mgs all around on my 3dhs (skywing) 330SC. I snagged a bunch of used hs65hb. I'm thinking of stealing the mgs from the ail on the other plane and using them for the tail of the edge. Both planes would have hs65hb on the ailerons.

Does this make any sense to you guys?

I also got a bunch of turnigy mg14 in, but I'm thinking the hs65's would be better if I've got them (at 6v). Right?
Dec 25, 2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow
APC 13 x 6.5E
Try a Xoar PJN 14x7 electric series beachwood prop. It will pull about 51 peak amps so make sure your ESC is up to the task. This prop is also a little lighter than the APC. I just put about 6 or 7 flights on mine with that prop and it seemed to fly it pretty well. Not a rocket but certainly acceptable.
Dec 25, 2012, 07:05 PM
uptime4downtime
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996
I've got hs65mgs all around on my 3dhs (skywing) 330SC. I snagged a bunch of used hs65hb. I'm thinking of stealing the mgs from the ail on the other plane and using them for the tail of the edge. Both planes would have hs65hb on the ailerons.

Does this make any sense to you guys?

I also got a bunch of turnigy mg14 in, but I'm thinking the hs65's would be better if I've got them (at 6v). Right?

I'd go with the hs65 at 6v. SDOne's video used that setup, so it looks good to me. I will soon be running my mg14s on 6v with a sbec. They are rated to run. 6v, do we will see. I do notice some guys flying 48" EF models swear by the 85s rather than 65's but, they are different planes of course. I have had quite a few 65mgs die on me for some reason

Quick Reply