Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:40 PM
uptime4downtime is offline
Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher View Post
I run a Turnigy AE-45A. Both the Omega 130 and Hengli 850KV pull about 50 peak amps with a Xoar PJN 14x7. I only run full throttle for short bursts and have had no problems with them.
My Hengli went great, but I omitted the rear colar, and I think that accounts for me ruining the bearings, plus, my throttle stick did not stay in the rearward position for too long! It certainly is a fun machine. I may have a crack at installing new bearings, but in the meantime, I'm putting back my lighter dualsky and going for lazy summer day floatiness
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
lowkeylaidback is offline
Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Custom Crasher
lowkeylaidback's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
My Hengli went great, but I omitted the rear colar, and I think that accounts for me ruining the bearings, plus, my throttle stick did not stay in the rearward position for too long! It certainly is a fun machine. I may have a crack at installing new bearings, but in the meantime, I'm putting back my lighter dualsky and going for lazy summer day floatiness

See if you can find a SunnySky 2820 / 920kv, really nice motor for this airframe. I use it on this as well as my balsa 3DHS 48" edge with 3s 40c 2200, plenty of power.
I am sure there are some sellers of this around your neck of the planet.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
SD One. is offline
Find More Posts by SD One.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Maidened, nose heavy in a 15 mph crosswind. Scary! Landed fast and waited for the wind to calm down. Moved battery back, wind died a bit, next flight was great. Very fine, very fun aircraft. Next flight, moved the battery back a bit more, now an inch away from the spar tube, perfect, amazing! So awesome! Editing video now.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:33 PM
PlaneButcher is offline
Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
My Hengli went great, but I omitted the rear colar, and I think that accounts for me ruining the bearings, plus, my throttle stick did not stay in the rearward position for too long! It certainly is a fun machine. I may have a crack at installing new bearings, but in the meantime, I'm putting back my lighter dualsky and going for lazy summer day floatiness
So far only 3 flights on my Hengli so I won't know for a while if they last. I did put the collar though. I fly my stuff pretty hard but not quite as hard as the video I saw you post.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
PlaneButcher is offline
Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Registered User
What is the best way to pull the canopy off? I feel like i'm gonna rip it to pieces when I remove it.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
STANG KILLA SS is offline
Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Registered User
STANG KILLA SS's Avatar
snaped a few pics of Pops flying my edge yesterday.
great time!







Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
SD One. is offline
Find More Posts by SD One.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher View Post
What is the best way to pull the canopy off? I feel like i'm gonna rip it to pieces when I remove it.
There is a foam brace a few inches from the rear of the canopy. You can feel it in there. Squeeze there and pull up.

Those pics look great.

Video uploading now.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:36 PM
VR Eyedoc is online now
Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
VR Eyedoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
snaped a few pics of Pops flying my edge yesterday.
great time!







Nice shots, Stang!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
subsonic is offline
Find More Posts by subsonic
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher View Post
What is the best way to pull the canopy off? I feel like i'm gonna rip it to pieces when I remove it.
Do have the little ply tip on the top of the canopy? Grab that and pull up and back a bit.

If you think the magnets are too strong (they can vary quite a bit) you can add a layer of tape over one side which will soften them just a bit. You could soften as many as you need. That's what I did to my wing magnets, and I can now remove the wings without damaging anything.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
SD One. is offline
Find More Posts by SD One.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
1080p goodness. Embiggen and enjoy!

Skywing 48 Edge in the wind at Peeler Park (3 min 31 sec)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
uptime4downtime is offline
Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
See if you can find a SunnySky 2820 / 920kv, really nice motor for this airframe. I use it on this as well as my balsa 3DHS 48" edge with 3s 40c 2200, plenty of power.
I am sure there are some sellers of this around your neck of the planet.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
Thanks. I do like that look of that motor. I notice the 800KV model, but perhaps a little low KV? I saw this: http://wattaplane.wordpress.com/2012...h-a-3s-set-up/
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
PlaneButcher is offline
Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
There is a foam brace a few inches from the rear of the canopy. You can feel it in there. Squeeze there and pull up.

Those pics look great.

Video uploading now.
Thanx
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:31 PM
uptime4downtime is offline
Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
Yeah, those are some very nice images. Nice work there!

Great video too SD!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
PlaneButcher is offline
Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Do have the little ply tip on the top of the canopy? Grab that and pull up and back a bit.

If you think the magnets are too strong (they can vary quite a bit) you can add a layer of tape over one side which will soften them just a bit. You could soften as many as you need. That's what I did to my wing magnets, and I can now remove the wings without damaging anything.
There is no tab on the top but I am thinking of adding one. I might have to add some tape. Thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
docbrew is offline
Find More Posts by docbrew
Registered User
docbrew's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
1080p goodness. Embiggen and enjoy!

http://youtu.be/OnUswRi1Yrc
Great video SD! Wish I could have made it today to get some long needed stick time and to meet the random Amish guy that hangs at that field. Unfortunately an indoor soccer tournament was on my agenda already.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Skywing, Winner's Model, Hokusei, 3DHS 48"-55" EPP Build & Repair Tips groovejet 3D Foamies 459 Apr 30, 2016 12:31 PM
New Product SkyWing 39-in EPP Edge-540 feda 3D Foamies 120 Jan 22, 2014 07:01 PM
Discussion SkyWing 48-in Extra 300L Under Development feda 3D Foamies 229 Nov 04, 2012 02:55 AM
Sold 3DHS 48" Orange Edge 540 LPU in CT newheliguy81 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 19, 2012 08:57 AM