Thread Tools
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
BJ64 is offline
Find More Posts by BJ64
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytcl View Post
My video of this fantastic bird!

So much fun flying it!
That is some bloody stunning flying there mate

BJ
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:02 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
My doorstep abounded with foam and balsa this morning... nicely packed and no damage... happy!
Looking forward to the maiden vid mate
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:20 AM
BJ64 is offline
Find More Posts by BJ64
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Would this be THE Kris...?

BJ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:13 AM
garytcl is offline
Find More Posts by garytcl
Registered User
garytcl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
That is some bloody stunning flying there mate

BJ

Thank you mate for the encouragement to me. But I got bad news here......I totalled it today!!!

It was an inverted high speed ditching due to elevator servo died and this superb plane demanded me to fly at no mistake high most of the time.

The damage including motor box, cowling, wing slots, battery tray ( technically the whole fuse ). Other than that all survive and look as good as new.


Feda in reading...you've nailed it with this evolutionary 3d EPP plane that tracks so nicely yet snap so voilently. I hope that you would get us spare fuse with cowling for order because It's a real pain for me to get over the lost of whom I madly in love with
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Would this be THE Kris...?

BJ
Yep ! hope all is well down under mate, long time no see
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 AM
VR Eyedoc is offline
Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
VR Eyedoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytcl View Post
Thank you mate for the encouragement to me. But I got bad news here......I totalled it today!!!

It was an inverted high speed ditching due to elevator servo died and this superb plane demanded me to fly at no mistake high most of the time.

The damage including motor box, cowling, wing slots, battery tray ( technically the whole fuse ). Other than that all survive and look as good as new.


Feda in reading...you've nailed it with this evolutionary 3d EPP plane that tracks so nicely yet snap so voilently. I hope that you would get us spare fuse with cowling for order because It's a real pain for me to get over the lost of whom I madly in love with
So sorry for your crash, I was looking foward to more flying video from you.

was that a TGY 9018 servo?

I will definitely urge Feda to stock some spare parts when I see him.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
garytcl is offline
Find More Posts by garytcl
Registered User
garytcl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Eyedoc View Post
So sorry for your crash, I was looking foward to more flying video from you.

was that a TGY 9018 servo?

I will definitely urge Feda to stock some spare parts when I see him.

Yes. I got both TGY 9018 in rudder & elevator. It's a suddden death without sign but the other one on the rudder still looks ok. As for HK 929MG, they're much reliable to me with only down side of servo play after awhile.

Really hope to see the spare fuse & cowling comming. Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:56 PM
BJ64 is offline
Find More Posts by BJ64
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Sorry for your loss, Gary.

You were flying it so well too. You'll be back on the horse in no time, I bet

I've been trying to learn some of this stuff on my SBach, and you guys make it look so easy. It's a darn lot harder to do than it looks, though. Plenty of practice required here, me thinks

Probably do some SIM work to try and get a few moves together.

O/T... Kris - yah, long time no see/hear. Whatchya bin upta? PM me to catch up, if you like. Plenty of flying here, but it's never enough is it? LoL Haven't heard anything from Bud since around Xmas 2011 - we're all a bit worried down here.

BJ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:31 PM
lowkeylaidback is offline
Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Custom Crasher
lowkeylaidback's Avatar

On the way!!!


Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin
14-Nov-2012 Tsim Sha Tsui Post Office Hong Kong

Date # Location Delivery Status
14-Nov-2012 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

14-Nov-2012 Hong Kong In transit.

15-Nov-2012 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

15-Nov-2012 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong
for its destination on 16-Nov-2012

Got all the parts sitting in a bin, just waiting
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
groovejet is offline
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
groovejet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytcl View Post
Thank you mate for the encouragement to me. But I got bad news here......I totalled it today!!!
Great flying and sorry to hear of your equipment failure .
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:32 AM
uptime4downtime is offline
Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
She's all there apart from the electrics... couldn't help getting a shot with a bit of lighting! I'll get another shot when she's all done
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:43 AM
garytcl is offline
Find More Posts by garytcl
Registered User
garytcl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Great flying and sorry to hear of your equipment failure .
I may be the first to tossed it in less than 30 flights but i really enjoyed every single flight with it.

This new edge 540 SEPP is an advance 3d machine that flies on rail and rolls like balsies, high speed snap roll is what i like to do most with it. It'll instantly lock into position after a voilent snap roll and move forward like nothing happened.....you know what i mean

Keep comming up with your comments on this plane, I believe there's so much potential in it that yet to be explored.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
uptime4downtime is offline
Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
I think a collection is in order!


Oh, and if it flies as good as it looks (it's a great looking machine) - I'm getting another. I'm quite impressed at the way this thing is constructed.
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Nov 17, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:42 AM
Michael.J.P is offline
Find More Posts by Michael.J.P
Registered User
Michael.J.P's Avatar
Cool shot uptime,what are the light's that you are using? and camera?.

Cheers dude,

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
She's all there apart from the electrics... couldn't help getting a shot with a bit of lighting! I'll get another shot when she's all done
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c 3D wannabe View Post
Cool shot uptime,what are the light's that you are using? and camera?.

Cheers dude,

Michael
+1 Looks like your in to photography like me Rick
What you shooting on ? I am just about ready to pull the trigger on the Canon 5DHD MKIII


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Skywing, Winner's Model, Hokusei, 3DHS 48"-55" EPP Build & Repair Tips groovejet 3D Foamies 459 Apr 30, 2016 12:31 PM
New Product SkyWing 39-in EPP Edge-540 feda 3D Foamies 120 Jan 22, 2014 07:01 PM
Discussion SkyWing 48-in Extra 300L Under Development feda 3D Foamies 229 Nov 04, 2012 02:55 AM
Sold 3DHS 48" Orange Edge 540 LPU in CT newheliguy81 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 19, 2012 08:57 AM