Feb 04, 2013, 07:49 AM
Here is the 3.5$ discount code, for order this kit from Netherlands:

Find my codes here: http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm/e_lm_70 (valid until February 18, 2013)

Hummer EPP 3D Plane 1000mm (KIT) (NL Warehouse) Save US$: 5.91

Browse buddycodes on RC International now with your Android mobile phone or tablet with RC International unoffcial Hobbyking app
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2013, 12:32 AM
The weather's been better in East Finland, and i've flew it couple of times. Sooo nice! It was a bit windy both times on the field, so I used 2200 mAh battery to get some weight.

Flies beautifully, like a train when turned motor off and I let go of the sticks.

At first try, a few weeks ago when the tx was acting up, I broke the 10x? prop, and 9x6 was a bit too small to really fight the wind. I'll try tomorrow with a better prop, if it isn't snowing too much...
Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc
Oh and BTW, how is everyone attaching their wheels to LG? The heatshrink over the wire surprisingly didn't hold them on well lol.
I'm using a small size nitro fuel tubing on mine with a drop of CA. You could look for TyGon fuel tubing for weed eaters and such at your local hareware store.

s
Feb 10, 2013, 05:27 PM
Waiting for parts
I am thinking of getting one of these as a cheap foamy to learn 3D, does anyone know if this power system would work?

Motor: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1200kv.html

ESC:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...5_30A_ESC.html

11x4.7 slowfly props (lots of them!)

I have a couple 2200mah 3 cell lipos that I am hoping to use if they aren't too heavy for it.

I know this is on the cheap side, but I don't want to put too much into a plane that I'm going to be crashing as a matter of course

Thanks,
Feb 11, 2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6788
I am thinking of getting one of these as a cheap foamy to learn 3D, does anyone know if this power system would work?

Motor: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1200kv.html

ESC:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...5_30A_ESC.html

11x4.7 slowfly props (lots of them!)

I have a couple 2200mah 3 cell lipos that I am hoping to use if they aren't too heavy for it.

I know this is on the cheap side, but I don't want to put too much into a plane that I'm going to be crashing as a matter of course

Thanks,
The motor is the same that I order for my EPP 3D.

I have a 20amp ESC around, and I think I will use it ... the motor does not handle over 17amp continuous ... so 20amp ESC should be fine.

About LiPo ... I have a 1200 3S : https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SOFT_Pack.html

I think it should be perfect for the bird.

I just complete to mount the servos and the link ... I did use stock equipment, except the hinges that I used something similar to: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._5_10pcs_.html

I just need to figure out how to stick the battery ...

Maybe I will add also a 6 axis stabilizer ... maybe ... since I can do one very little for just 12$

With a 6 axis stabilizer, I'm sure I can fly 3D like a profy ...
Feb 12, 2013, 01:14 AM
Waiting for parts
Thanks e_lm_70, I'm looking forward to getting in the air with it!
Feb 13, 2013, 07:48 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Still no vid
Feb 15, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hello, also grabbed a hummer from NL warehouse.

I'll try to get some videos when i get my servos for hummer and find something to glue it with. Maybe some place in Finland has that sikabond or something... or just use regular builder's PU foam?

Would you like onboard or 3rd person video?

Maybe i'll just do them both
Feb 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo82

I'll try to get some videos when i get my servos for hummer and find something to glue it with. Maybe some place in Finland has that sikabond or something... or just use regular builder's PU foam?

Both
Feb 15, 2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo82

Bad lucky you did not used my buddy discount code ... we would have both "win" 3.5$

Feb 15, 2013, 08:08 PM
I was in too much hurry when i spotted there was only one left in NL warehouse

I found some interesting glue from discount. Kiilto D4. Polyurethane waterproof wood glue. Now testing if it glues plastic to plastic, foam to foam and wood to foam.
And there's always hotglue

Now i need to build something to hold action cam on hummer and ponder where it should point.

Need to repair my tricopter too to get good chase and hover by shootings.
Feb 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
Getting good at foam repair
Thread OP
That poly glue is the same as the gorilla glue you hear the USA peeps using.

Activates with water and expands to fill in gaps. Should be ok on most rc usages
Feb 18, 2013, 08:43 AM
It is pretty good glue. I recommend it for foamies. Small speck of this glue held on an old ups sla battery i used for weight when gluing wings on. Almost had to leave it hanging under right wing

Also i used aluminiun plate to hold horizontal stabilizer straight when gluing wood spar to it. Needed to cut some foam off to set stab free. It really glues everything to everything if there's some moisture, i brush on some water on other surface and glue to other one.

Only down side is really slow curing time. Maybe i get all glued and installed in two three days.
Feb 18, 2013, 07:12 PM

hk hummer that won't fly level

I have one these planes and can not get it to fly level. no mater what I do help? Gary63
Feb 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary63
I have one these planes and can not get it to fly level. no mater what I do help? Gary63
What is it doing Gary? climbing,diving?is your CG correct?do you have a little down and right thrust?I doubt the motor box will have thrust angle built in,so 2 small washers on the top right between the X-mount and firewall,and one on the bottom right will help with that
What doe it do when you flip inverted?are you sure the incidence between elevator and ailerons are correct?meaning the ailerons are level and not maybe pointing slightly up or down?

Quick Reply