Dec 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZagiHK
The mount comes with the kit. The seller told me that this is new version and the wing servo hole is different too. It was pre-cut for vertical mounting instead. I believe the old versiob allow flat mounting hole.
i hope HK gets the new verion this is one sweet bird.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 04:41 AM
Looking nice! When I saw there were items at NL warehouse I hit the order button immediately, as I need a plane that I can throw into car anytime and fly it in the park nearby.

For the technics, at first I'll rummage through my hobby room as I think I have all I need: plenty of HXT-900s, variety of propellers and a motor-esc combination from my late GWS Formosa.
Jan 14, 2013, 02:33 PM
Does anyone knows SoG for this one thanks
Jan 14, 2013, 08:45 PM
valuehobby.com has them in stock for you US folks...
Jan 15, 2013, 02:21 AM
Got mine yesterday. Old version in NL warehouse; no servo mounts, no plywood reinforcements for horns etc. Appears to be hotwire cut. Not very precise work; there was ~2 mm difference in thickness of wing halves, as well in side stiffeners. Elevator "hinge" was cut almost through in one end.

But those are all minor issues, it's still nice plane for it's price I started to put it together with PU glue; with hint of water it fills the gaps very well.
Jan 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taski63
Got mine yesterday. Old version in NL warehouse; no servo mounts, no plywood reinforcements for horns etc. Appears to be hotwire cut. Not very precise work; there was ~2 mm difference in thickness of wing halves, as well in side stiffeners. Elevator "hinge" was cut almost through in one end.

But those are all minor issues, it's still nice plane for it's price I started to put it together with PU glue; with hint of water it fills the gaps very well.
Mmmm......not good, I guess there is a reason it is much less than the Hacker Super Zoom or Hyperion Sniper.

RCNXS
Jan 15, 2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Mmmm......not good, I guess there is a reason it is much less than the Hacker Super Zoom or Hyperion Sniper.
So true; you'll get what you pay for... Still, I'm confident that it will fly just fine for it's genre. Will propably find out next weekend.
Jan 15, 2013, 08:00 PM
Quote:
So true; you'll get what you pay for... Still, I'm confident that it will fly just fine for it's genre. Will propably find out next weekend.
Fly it like you stole it and all in the world will be good....RCNXS
Jan 17, 2013, 02:22 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Its is sooo cheap, great for a thrash about with no worries about crashing - from memory $25 for another kit?

To add something about flight characteristics, mine it great in a normal and inverted high-alpha, and hovers well, although aileron's aren't very effective in a hover (compared to similar sized 3D foamies I have flown), so have to watch for torque rolling with throttle changes.
Great elevator and rudder response though. I am getting 7-9 mins flight time with a 1000mAh 3S.

Mine is definitely overpowered with a 2836 1100kV motor and 10x3.8 prop, but doesn't feel heavy, it has a pretty silly top speed for a flat-pack foamie!

Oh, and takes to light crashes and cartwheeling like a champion! Except the usual crappy bendy undercarriage..
Jan 17, 2013, 02:23 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Oh and BTW, how is everyone attaching their wheels to LG? The heatshrink over the wire surprisingly didn't hold them on well lol.
Jan 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cannot wait for weekend; hope the weather gets better.. It's -26C right now! Shouldn't be that cold at weekend. Got some old Tgy motor that pulls 650g with 3s and 10x4 prop; with aow 490g it should be fine.

I left the LG out, there's too much snow on the field right now

edit: -29C (-20F) this morning Btw, couple of things caught my eye earlier:
Quote:
the carbon goes onto the wrong side of the stiffen, surely it would be better to put the carbon on the inside edge where it will sit flat
Further the stiffener is from the center line, more rigid is the structure.

Quote:
Should some differential be added to the aileron mix??
By all means, if you plan to fly it like a regular plane. For 3D flying, which this model is (to my understanding) intended, it's not usual or necessary.
Last edited by taski63; Jan 18, 2013 at 01:34 AM.
Jan 23, 2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
how is everyone attaching their wheels to LG?
It's true that collars that small are hard to find. I'd go to local el.shop to find a connector like this, take out the metal part and cut it in half.

Maiden flight was cancelled as my "old faithful" Flysky th9x didn't like the temperature below freezing point... It messed up the aileron channel, and it took me a few days to figure out the reason. Now it works again; hoping to get Hummer airborne next weekend...
Jan 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
It's true that collars that small are hard to find. I'd go to local el.shop to find a connector like this, take out the metal part and cut it in half.

Maiden flight was cancelled as my "old faithful" Flysky th9x didn't like the temperature below freezing point... It messed up the aileron channel, and it took me a few days to figure out the reason. Now it works again; hoping to get Hummer airborne next weekend...
Ah great idea about the electrical connector, cheers!
Jan 24, 2013, 01:35 PM
Hi there, hummer-builders, mine came without any instruction??
Where do i put the CG ?
Please advise so i can avoid a crasch at maiden.
Here in Sweden we have -18C and full winther now.
Im prepeairing for the summer by building parkflyers :-)

// Mats W
Jan 27, 2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats W
Hi there, hummer-builders, mine came without any instruction??
Where do i put the CG ?
Please advise so i can avoid a crasch at maiden.
Here in Sweden we have -18C and full winther now.
Im prepeairing for the summer by building parkflyers :-)

// Mats W
CG should be 120-130mm from the leading edge of wing as per manual.
Last edited by chops3; Jan 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply