Jul 07, 2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyballs
Please Spectrum ignore internal sensors if 0x01 and 0x02 are send
Sorry, Bart, we won't do that. The low addresses are reserved for internal use.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2013, 05:48 AM
Thread OP
Unfortunately, you cannot use the internal addresses. But you can use Powerbox, for example. There you have 2 voltages and 2 capacities.

Cool stuff, Bart ! Go ahead !

Tom, the "inventor" of JLog (originally a logger for Kontronik Jive ESCs) did something similar, he also interfaces to the CC and outputs the data to the telemetry.
Jul 08, 2013, 07:37 AM
Bart
I know powerbox, but with the changes in the the I2C that I made I can now do multiple sensor emulation in one atmega328p, And the temperature is a really nice parameter that comes form inside the ESC, there is no sensor that Spektrum can make that will replace this temperature reading of ESC. So Spektrum should act, I am on the point of stepping over to a other brand of Remote control , because there is just bad telemetry possibilities. I only see two plus point in Spektrum big receivers and model matching. For the rest they are lacking behind the competition. That was a lot better 2 to 3 years a go.

I have 2 radios ( one has to go back because it is broken )
4 AR9x00
6 AR7000
4 TM1000
I don't like stepping over, but It looks like they are forcing me.

They should embrace data from ESC very fast. It is the best source of data for main power data ( voltage and temperature and RPM via extra sensors ), and they just Ignore it. Really strange.

Watch whats is going to happen the chinees cheap brands will have the same kind of interface on there ESC within a year or so, because it is only a software update, Spektrum and any other Radio Control manufacture should be ready for this.

If Spektrum designed it right ( And I think they did ) they just have to update the transmitter, even if they introduce a new sensor type. The TM1x00 is just a transmitter of the data that comes from external sensors, no knowledge of the sensors is in the TM1x00.

I am looking at 3 brands that are doing a better job now Hitec, Graupner and Futaba.
My interface will support from the beginning 2 Hitec,Spektrum. Futaba will follow, graupner I didn't look at it yet. Hitec will already have more functionality.

Bart,
Jul 08, 2013, 08:33 AM
Or better yet, maybe you should simply contact our engineering office on your official letterhead and see if you can work out something to allow you to license more information ...

Andy
Jul 09, 2013, 12:39 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
The translator helped me enough to get what I needed from the website. Jurgen speaks english just great so email him about purchasing sensor.

I got some more help on the instructions too:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1891416
Dave,

Thanks for this, i sent Jurgen a PM, fingers crossed because I really want one of these little babies

Kev
Jul 14, 2013, 11:34 AM
Bart
update

Castle Creations live data to DX8 telemety (1 min 53 sec)

python interface for configuration

Bart
Jul 14, 2013, 12:23 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
update

http://youtu.be/7hPNMO8uy3g

python interface for configuration

Bart
Can you show us some details, like hook-up diagrams. I would like to do this.

Is it possible to share your program?
Jul 14, 2013, 01:27 PM
Bart
I don't no what you mean with, "hook-up diagrams"

About Sharing it ?
I think it will happen that I share all the code, it then will have some GPL on it.
But I am not 100% sure. I am think about it, to make a product from it, only the dutch government is stopping me from doing it. I am loking in to the possiblilty to start a company in another country.

Bart
Jul 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
I don't no what you mean with, "hook-up diagrams"
What pins are the ESC hooked to and what pins go to the X-Bus of the TM1000?

How does the pull-up resistor hook up?

What else is hooked to the Arduino?
Jul 14, 2013, 04:55 PM
Bart
oohhh :-)

from ESC brown(pulse wire) a 5.6k resistor to red ( raw voltage input )
x-bus : brown to SDA , grey to SCL, black to gnd , removed orange ( I bought original x-bus kabel )

ignore the 3 lower once sck, miso, mosi

one of the things that I didn't read any where is that you have to change the bootloader. why you think, the bootloader is still waiting for communication via rs232 for 1 or 2 seconds after power up. in this time the TM1x00 is already sending the sequence of all addresses.
If you miss these then the TM1x00 doesn't know that the sensor is there. on the desk this was not a problem because the arduino was always powered by the FTDI interface. Not in the plane, it was directly switched on with the receiver and the TM1x00. Took me some time to figure that out. :-).
If people want to have the changed bootloader I will post it no problem. But you have to have a special programmer to program it ( can't be done via the FTDI usb connection).

Bart
Last edited by dirtyballs; Jul 14, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
Jul 14, 2013, 05:29 PM
Simply awesome!!!
Jul 14, 2013, 06:09 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
oohhh :-)

from ESC brown(pulse wire) a 5.6k resistor to red ( raw voltage input )
x-bus : brown to SDA , grey to SCL, black to gnd , removed orange ( I bought original x-bus kabel )

ignore the 3 lower once sck, miso, mosi

one of the things that I didn't read any where is that you have to change the bootloader. why you think, the bootloader is still waiting for communication via rs232 for 1 or 2 seconds after power up. in this time the TM1x00 is already sending the sequence of all addresses.
If you miss these then the TM1x00 doesn't know that the sensor is there. on the desk this was not a problem because the arduino was always powered by the FTDI interface. Not in the plane, it was directly switched on with the receiver and the TM1x00. Took me some time to figure that out. :-).
If people want to have the changed bootloader I will post it no problem. But you have to have a special programmer to program it ( can't be done via the FTDI usb connection).

Bart
That is an excellent diagram. Thanks very much.

What do you need to program the bootloader?

I would be interested in having that information and the sketch that you loaded on to the Arduino. If the Python program is just for programming alarms then I could live without that.

Thanks for sharing this DIY project.
Jul 15, 2013, 12:13 AM
An Ardunio need a bootloader only for programming without an ISP programmer. Without bootlader works a Arduino too.
To programm a other bootloader need you a ISP programmer or an other Arduino as ISP-Programmer.
I erase the bootloader on my Arduinos to avoid the delay on startup.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jul 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Jul 15, 2013, 01:09 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga
An Ardunio need a bootloader only for programming without an ISP programmer. Without bootlader works a Arduino too.
To programm a other bootloader need you a ISP programmer or an other Arduino as ISP-Programmer.
I erase the bootloader on my Arduinos to avoid the delay on startup.
Cool. Thanks for that info. I do have a couple other Arduinos and I guess this would work too?:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21321

I have a couple of those.

Would you say dirtyballs project would work with the bootloader removed or should I have his bootloader installed?

Thanks for all the help on this guys.

I am new to learning about Arduino but am very fascinated by it. I started out by using the software to program some ATTiny chips for flashing strobe lights on my planes. I am also helping a guy at work set up remote control of guitar pedals for a disabled family member of his. It is easy to use the pulse width from an RC Rx to make the chip turn things on and off.

Quick Reply