Feb 21, 2013, 04:31 AM
Now with an Arduino Uno 3.3V and as g-sensor a MMA7341 with +-11g.

With the information from Mukenukem und this code from Schorsch as starting point how the TM I2C works.
It's not really complicated.

Code:
#include <Wire.h>

byte tmpSpektrumData[] = {0x11,0x00,0x01,0x60,0x01,0xf9,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00};
int greenLEDPin = 12;
int redLEDPin = 13;

void setup()
{
  pinMode(greenLEDPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(redLEDPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(redLEDPin, LOW);
  Wire.begin(0x11); 
  Wire.onRequest(requestEvent);

}

void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(greenLEDPin, HIGH);
  delay(100);
  digitalWrite(greenLEDPin, LOW);
  delay(100);
}

void requestEvent()
{
  digitalWrite(redLEDPin, HIGH); // nur zur Anzeige ob Event gecatched wurde
  Wire.write(tmpSpektrumData, 16); 
}
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jun 19, 2017 at 05:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 07:06 AM
The ultimate test is the air.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Jun 19, 2017 at 05:24 PM.
Mar 21, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hey Guys,
Any more updates on the Spektrum telemetry protocol? Any new addresses?

Thanks,
John
Mar 22, 2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKos
Hey Guys,
Any more updates on the Spektrum telemetry protocol? Any new addresses?

Thanks,
John
What You want to do with them?
Yep, i know now, the telemetry module is scanning *all* addresses during start-up - and, i think, the found addresses are also forwarded to "ground" - but for me the problem is, that my DX-18 does not knows more sensors, than here already listed. So, nothing to do with those addresses. Ok, maybe the things are changing, when the STI interface is opened for computers and androids.
Mar 22, 2013, 04:57 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Should be RS232 (probably with TTL levels). Had no time to figure it out yet, I am working on another project.

In some weeks there will be an interface from the radio's RF module's SPI to RS232 available to get the telemetry data. So no need for STi if you want to fool around with the data-stream.
Is that pretty much what was done for V-Speak?
Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Is that pretty much what was done for V-Speak?
Yep, it's a possible way to implement additional sensors. But for me, i think, this is the last chance. It's seems quite stupid to add a additional display to system already having a built-in display
PS. Do You know something about the protocol, captured by V-Speak? Is this the same "I2C 16-byte" feed?
Mar 23, 2013, 12:44 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuprum
PS. Do You know something about the protocol, captured by V-Speak? Is this the same "I2C 16-byte" feed?
No, I don't know anything about how it was done really, I am just one of the lucky ones to be able to buy the unit thanks to the efforts of those who know how to sniff out how these things work.

http://www.vspeak-modell.de/index.ph...sgabe/spektrum
Mar 24, 2013, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuprum
Yep, it's a possible way to implement additional sensors. But for me, i think, this is the last chance. It's seems quite stupid to add a additional display to system already having a built-in display
Yep. The VSpeak-Spektrum adapter converts the SPI stream from the TX module to RS232 with TTL levels (38400, 8N1). There are some additional bytes like a header, but the data are the same 16 Bytes. You can also use unused IC adresses to transfer your own data. It will not be displayed on the radio, but if you grab the stream and take care of it, there you go !

As I said, I did not fool around with the STI, because the VSpeak adapter works fine and with it I do not need an extra RX (also, the STI has limited range compared to a radio). Also, I get all models and am not limited to 10 like the STi is limited to. Defective by desing.....

And you have to take care if Spektrum releases a new sensor with "your" address.

You can get the adapter and have a look. Use a terminal program with adjustable number of bytes per line (I prefer Hammer Term), and you will see
Last edited by Mukenukem; Mar 24, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
Mar 24, 2013, 08:16 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
....but if you grab the stream and take care of it, there you go !
So this got me to thinking. I have a Bluetooth serial port. It has a DB9 input and sends serial data over Bluetooth. I have successfully connected a Bluetooth GPS Rx to my Android which the phone sees as a serial port.

Now; take the Bluetooth serial port device, input the stream coming from the V-Speak adapter and pair the Bluetooth to my phone (or PC if you want).

If I only knew how to write a program for Android.
Mar 24, 2013, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
If I only knew how to write a program for Android.
This is also my primary problem. I can make the hardware work, but I am a noob programmer, enough for "hello world", not more....

Getting the data to the mobile is a piece of cake. Serial-Bluetooth adapters cost a few bucks and work. You should not use much power for the BT module, to not interfere with the radio link, but you can set output power to 1mW or something like that.
Mar 24, 2013, 09:11 AM
No bounce, No play.
If I had a bunch of time to spare I bet I could actually learn how to do it:

http://developer.android.com/trainin...app/index.html

If only there were two of me.
Mar 26, 2013, 07:10 PM
Dream,Build, Make it FLY

PC version Spektrum Telemetry reader

This reminds me of the Hyperion EM2 software but has the ability to show GPS telemetry in google earth.

Best program I have used yet for Spektrum telemetry data on PC
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1818261
Mar 27, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Aus
This reminds me of the Hyperion EM2 software but has the ability to show GPS telemetry in google earth.

Best program I have used yet for Spektrum telemetry data on PC
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1818261
Thanks Mark!

And there is more to come!!!!

Martin
Mar 28, 2013, 03:07 AM
I have different results for High Current sensor (SPMA9590)

Data type = 0x03 High Current sensor

[00] 03
[01] 00
[02] MSB (Hex) // 16bit signed integer (In 0.1820A)
[03] LSB (Hex)
[04] 00
[05] 00
[06] 00
[07] 00
[08] 00
[09] 00
[0A] 00
[0B] 00
[0C] 00
[0D] 00
[0E] 00
[0F] 00

Sensor can measure positive and negative current.
Mar 29, 2013, 06:26 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, I will verify that and update my docu

Quick Reply