Nov 25, 2003, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

It flys...it flys - my corona!!!!

Finally finished putting it all together today - that is except for the body. Flipped through the manual quickly once more just to see if I missed anything. Figured I see if everything thing would spin up OK in the living room (I know, taking my chances - no one was home). Everything thing looked smooth - blades tracking well, no real noticable vibration - had to take it outside. Finished the battery pack on one more just playing around in the drive way. Man, that was fun!

Need to do a little mechanical trim adjustments, but I thought it flew great - better than I expected. This is my first heli and I know I gonna need to order another 3 or so battery packs just to keep it going!!!

I have to say, I don't think it would have been as easy if I had not read all the great info in these posts. Everything for piecing it all together (Mega, Futaba Gyro, gyro bed at rear etc...) to learning how to solder Deans ultra plugs - I was real worried about those, but after seeing a video in one of these post on how to do it, they came out great.

I guess this post is just to share my excitement and thank everyone for there input! If I eventually take to time to figure out how to post pictures or movies, I will - but for now - it looks like a regular corona that hasn't crashed - yet!

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2003, 08:07 PM
Hooked Heli Human
congratulations.. and I know the same feeling as my corona first got light on the skids/training gear.. what a rush.. smile T H I S <------------------------> B I G

Nov 25, 2003, 08:49 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
Hi Ken!

Gmaster has it on the button .... the thrill of that first wobbly flight is just OUTRAGEOUS!!

And, YES, the help that is available here on these forums is just plain outstanding. I would have to guess that MANY more people are "getting their feet wet" in R/C and being sucessful as a result of these forums.

CONGRATULATIONS on your successful flight, but remember to take your time as you progress through the next stages of left side in, right side in, "figures", nose in (take a LOT of time with that one), and forward flight .... keep safety in the forefront!

'Nuff said.

Have a good Thanksgiving,

Russ

Nov 26, 2003, 02:16 AM
jet
jet
Well Mr_Ken, congrats. Although I see you have made one fatal error. You should have followed directions because they said to put assemble the body first. I did the same and was having so much fun learning to hover and fly, I did not want to take the time off to assemble the body!! May thanks to all in this forum who provided me a lot of usefull info!!!

Jet
Nov 26, 2003, 02:23 AM
Heli Headcase
speaking of the Corona canopy..was it just mine or did the canopy come with the wrong hole locations, one or two of the dimple marks were on the wrong spot...
Nov 26, 2003, 07:22 AM
Hooked Heli Human
yah the canopy has 4 dimples where you mount but you only used 3.. BUT.. when you are in such a hurry to put it together you dont realize and you punch all 4 holes.. DOH! even after vkmaynard told me he did the same thing to watch out for it.. i STILL did it oh well i just put a sticker over the extra hole.. shhh dont tell anyone

Quick Reply