Feb 23, 2013, 09:52 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phytone
JNJO

So soldering the two tabs, and breaking the two soldered will make it run on 3.3v? Do I just then connect a 3.3v supply to the module via the gnd/5v wires?

If so, guess a single 3.7v lipo is too much, would else would you recommend?

Regards
Found my post. #221 on P.15 of this thread.
You can use 3.3 from the board. I would not use a 1s LiPo as they output over 4V fully charged.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 10:08 AM
Just found your post and was about to delete/edit mine. Thanks! Now time to get the soldering gear out.
Feb 23, 2013, 01:50 PM
JNJO - many thanks, all back and running!

I did find a regulator on an old gyro and thought I'd try and remove and reuse. But given the size, my rig's not god enough to hold, tweezer and remove. So went for the 3.3v route.

Now, just need to get the PID right.
Thanks for the help.
Feb 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
@Phytone
Nice.
And you can always replace the regulator later.

/J
Feb 25, 2013, 01:42 AM
In my hk multiwii board not work stick roll and pitch, how fix that?

Throttle and yaw is working, other channels are working except ch1 and ch2.

If you unhook ch1, parallel moves ch1 and ch2.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:28 PM
Hello friends ... I am writing from Argentina. I bought one of these boards from HK, and I'm doing the first tests on my tricopter (Turnigy Talon Tricopter). In one of the last tests were burned one of the engines, for which I am taking the opportunity to review everything and add some accessories while waiting for the new engine.
So much was going well, but today I trying to connect my accessory caddisfly BT to communicate with my laptop or cell phone and I have failed. The accessory I bought is this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-mwc...-adapter-.html
The BT I connected to the serial port 0, and when I try to connect with my laptop or cell phone, the BT light is solid red, but I can not read any data from my board. COM ports on my laptop, are selected, and the linkage also my phone is done, however failed to get any data (PIDS, Aux, real time reading).
I wish I could advise on that I can be doing wrong, and need to know if it is necessary to set a parameter from Arduino to the BT work. And finally, I wonder if there is any possibility to connect the BT Serial port 1, or only possible connection on port 0.
From already thank you very much and congratulations for all the contributions they make to this community ...!!
regards
Marcelo
Feb 26, 2013, 09:04 PM
Very well worded post for a non-native English speaker. I'm no expert as I've never done telemetry with this board, (yet), but to my knowedge you would have to uncomment the TM line in the config.h file (within the Aurduino environment) and reflash. This would route the TM data stream to the serial port. Without this, the BT link has nothing to transmit. One of the other experts (Majik for instance), will chime in with an answer.
Feb 27, 2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfstieb
Hello friends ... I am writing from Argentina. I bought one of these boards from HK, and I'm doing the first tests on my tricopter (Turnigy Talon Tricopter). In one of the last tests were burned one of the engines, for which I am taking the opportunity to review everything and add some accessories while waiting for the new engine.
So much was going well, but today I trying to connect my accessory caddisfly BT to communicate with my laptop or cell phone and I have failed. The accessory I bought is this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-mwc...-adapter-.html
The BT I connected to the serial port 0, and when I try to connect with my laptop or cell phone, the BT light is solid red, but I can not read any data from my board. COM ports on my laptop, are selected, and the linkage also my phone is done, however failed to get any data (PIDS, Aux, real time reading).
I wish I could advise on that I can be doing wrong, and need to know if it is necessary to set a parameter from Arduino to the BT work. And finally, I wonder if there is any possibility to connect the BT Serial port 1, or only possible connection on port 0.
From already thank you very much and congratulations for all the contributions they make to this community ...!!
regards
Marcelo
Hi Marcelo ! .. just to be clear, I am no expert - I am a learner like you are. Anyway, try using BT over a laptop or desktop for now. Notes: a) The BT module needs to be configured to 115200 baud rate (I bought the same module as you but for my Crius AIOP but I forget if I had to configure it) . Anyway, if you have to, Google "how to configure Blue Tooth for Multiwii". I use HyperTerminal (WinXP Pro) using a FTDI shield to connect the BT module to my computer (default is usually 9600) and sent the appropriate AT command. b) Then paired to the BT receiver (on the computer) but you probably already did that if you got the solid red LED. c) BT module needs to be connected rx-tx, tx-rx, vcc-vcc, grd-grd to Serial0 (default) and just changing to Serial1 (you need to uncomment that option in config.h anyway) will not make it "work". d) you need to select the right COM port for the BT module - this can be tricky. Go to your Device Manager and look at the Serial COM port valid for the BT module - sometimes you will see two but only one will work.

Visit this link to give you an idea of how BT should work with an Atmega 2560 board if the BT module is properly configured and paired to the receiver.
Multiwii 2.0 on Crius SE Quad Bluetooth Test with Lenovo (Win7) X-60 Tablet PC (6 min 55 sec)
Feb 27, 2013, 02:48 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
received my HK multiwii , but trying to find r1240 as first post describes for the GPS setup, and doesn't exist... any info on that?
Feb 27, 2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfakian
received my HK multiwii , but trying to find r1240 as first post describes for the GPS setup, and doesn't exist... any info on that?
Use pre2.2. version.
Feb 27, 2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser
Use pre2.2. version.
MultiWii 2.2 ???

On http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/so...i/MultiWii.ino

Last version is still 2.1

Is looking 2.1 is there and stable since long time

If just somebody import megapirate mission plan navigation on it ..

I love multiwii ... and I hate megapirate ... but I want a nice GPS navigation

Feb 27, 2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
MultiWii 2.2 ???

Ha, this would be my second question... i see many discussion about megapirate and multiwii... i really don't know which is better... but i have already ordered miniosd which as i know works only with multiwii, BUT i need too the navigation planner!!
Feb 27, 2013, 04:29 AM
@er9xuser, thank you i used the ready code from the video guide and worked.. i had also wrong cabling as in the picture the green cable was looking like blue!... when i checked the pinout i saw that the green was actually the GND!...
Feb 27, 2013, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
MultiWii 2.2 ???

http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list
Feb 27, 2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser
Ok ... strange it is not in the main source.

Did you got already some infor about what is new on 2.2 ?

Does this include the improved baro and alt-hold that was worked since months by a guy on the multiwii forum

--------- EDIT
some changes:
- baro Alt from mahowik
- baro calibration and some baro mods from Sebbi
- new task scheduler for a better computation time repartition
- better Ublox code detection
- HORIZON mode (mix between ACRO & ANGLE)
- ANGLE mode is the old LEVEL mode
- every UART for everything on MEGA
- cool GUI enhancement from magnetron
- spektrum bind button for spektrum receiver (Danal)
- telemetry cosmetic
- bug correction for servos on MEGA
- failsafe is more robust

- variometer from Hamburger
- mag gain calibration improvement for HMC5883L from EOSBandi
- GPS MKT binary parser from EOSBandi
- GPS forward predictive filter from EOSBandi
- follow me option works now in GPS HOME&HOLD mode via a ezio app
- RSSI added
- reconnect button in gui (uart speed can be changed in the file .txt)
- IMU optimization

Quick Reply