Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Is that one the single speaker version ? I have the Ultra, its fantastic but I dont have any planes that it fits in... yet ;-)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
Hey Daylight, Mine does the same thing. I think its just the end of the sound clip before it cycles back to the beginning. It would be nice if the sound clip was a bit smoother in its cycling.
Sep 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
Feeling the THRALL
Jackson Stone's Avatar

The Creator's Reward


Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
That is a MAGNIFICENT video! Very well done. Thank you very much for sharing. The plane looks and sounds great.

Orion
Orion,

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy both flying and making movies, so making movies about flying RC planes is a natural outlet for me. I take great pleasure in the creative process - what scenes to include or delete, how to use the wingcam vs. ground footage, the music, etc. The Creator's reward is to get positive feedback like yours. I am also happy to get constructive feedback that will make these videos better.

I really think the addition of sound to these electric planes is a huge breakthrough for us scale enthusiasts. The only better thing that I have seen/heard in the RC arena is the big radial engines that produce a very scale and authentic sound, but at huge cost per unit. Andrew's units are very reasonable in price and are designed to be easily moved from one plane to another for the person who is super cost-conscious. I already have two units and am thinking about getting a third for my aerobatic Yak 54. I was at an airshow two weekends ago and realized as I was watching an Edge perform an aerobatic routine how much a part of the show the engine and prop noise was. The two-stroke and four-cycle engines that power the fueled planes make plenty of noise, Andrew's sound unit makes less but it is a more pleasing and authentic sound.

Regards,

Jackson
Sep 07, 2012, 12:01 AM
Registered User
lassehellsten's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
He has a mini system with 2 speakers. Wouldn't 2 speakers in their respective nacelles provide the same effect? Asking only because I am thinking along the same lines.
Ok so today the Lycoming in the FMS Cub was in the air! TRied the Budget first, a bit heavy for this low powered plane, so I went for a Mini with 3 mini speakers (2 i series on 1 port and the original utnuched on its port).

As you may know larger cone area improves loudness (guitar cabinets with 4x 12" instead of 2 x 15")
When starting up a guy at the field said "Somthing wrong with the electric engine", then gradually smiling when realising that it was the sound of a "gas engine"
The start and stop-sounds are very tru to original, as I've synchronised them on the spot in the mix, prop starting and stopping with sound!

Minimal damage to the cub
Speaker on engine mount, speaker under hood with drilled holes and 3d speaker under vented battery cover (squeezed between battery and cover)

Ok so now I'm a neard, but I dont mind!

Can't wait for Mini with machine-gun sound and blasts (plan to put in LEDīs, card prepared for it) ordered with the same 3 speaker setup. Plan to use it in a ParkZone Albatros WW1.
Lasse
Sep 07, 2012, 05:58 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Lasseheelste... did you remove the "speaker boxes" that come with the units?
MrRCSound, how deep, long and wide are the 4 speakers for the Ultra? Need to see if there is room in my TF P47.
Sep 07, 2012, 06:19 AM
Registered User
lassehellsten's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Lasseheelste... did you remove the "speaker boxes" that come with the units?
MrRCSound, how deep, long and wide are the 4 speakers for the Ultra? Need to see if there is room in my TF P47.
Kept the boxes, actually the same size as the speaker
Diam ca 1 " depth ca 3/4"

Keeping the box, as they fit snug, makes an infinite baffle that improves sound.
Best reg
Lasse
Sep 07, 2012, 06:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Lasseheelste... did you remove the "speaker boxes" that come with the units?
MrRCSound, how deep, long and wide are the 4 speakers for the Ultra? Need to see if there is room in my TF P47.
What you are seeing in Lasse's post are the mini speakers, they have small round enclosures on them.

The speaker boxes are approximately 3x3x2.5"

Andrew

http://www.mrrcsound.com
Sep 07, 2012, 07:06 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Those are the dimensions of the 2" speakers. What about the 1.22" speakers? Thanks.
Sep 07, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Those are the dimensions of the 2" speakers. What about the 1.22" speakers? Thanks.
Small. I am not sure, I will measure them. They are 1.22" round, so with the enclosure, probably about 1.25" total, and only about 1/2" thick. Less than the size of a US half dollar.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Sep 07, 2012, 07:45 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone
Orion,

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy both flying and making movies, so making movies about flying RC planes is a natural outlet for me. I take great pleasure in the creative process - what scenes to include or delete, how to use the wingcam vs. ground footage, the music, etc. The Creator's reward is to get positive feedback like yours. I am also happy to get constructive feedback that will make these videos better.

I really think the addition of sound to these electric planes is a huge breakthrough for us scale enthusiasts. The only better thing that I have seen/heard in the RC arena is the big radial engines that produce a very scale and authentic sound, but at huge cost per unit. Andrew's units are very reasonable in price and are designed to be easily moved from one plane to another for the person who is super cost-conscious. I already have two units and am thinking about getting a third for my aerobatic Yak 54. I was at an airshow two weekends ago and realized as I was watching an Edge perform an aerobatic routine how much a part of the show the engine and prop noise was. The two-stroke and four-cycle engines that power the fueled planes make plenty of noise, Andrew's sound unit makes less but it is a more pleasing and authentic sound.

Regards,

Jackson
You and I share a common interest. My complication is I can't find anyone who can film me flying, so more often than not I am filming someone else.

As for Andrews unit, while it can't compare to a scale radial, it is perfection for our small foam planes. It produces an excellent scale sound that is far better than the weed eater noise that comes from 2 stroke engines. I can actually tolerate the 4 stroke engines but its still not realistic. It also produces accurate audio of non radial engines like the Merlin and Allison. Those are sounds that we do not have a scale engine for to put in our planes. So while its not loud enough to wake up 4 city blocks, it is enough to get the attention of every old gasser fuddy duddy at the field and put a smile on their face.

Orion
Sep 07, 2012, 09:50 AM
Registered User
daylight99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced
Is that one the single speaker version ? I have the Ultra, its fantastic but I dont have any planes that it fits in... yet ;-)
Yes, its "Budget" sound unit with one speaker.
Sep 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
Registered User
daylight99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
Hey Daylight, Mine does the same thing. I think its just the end of the sound clip before it cycles back to the beginning. It would be nice if the sound clip was a bit smoother in its cycling.
Well, like I said at high rpm you don't notice it at all. I watched AeroBatman's video again and the same cuts are in his as well so I'm no longer going to worry about it, its a very minor issue.
Sep 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
Taranis Tyro...
MattyB's Avatar
Wow, very impressed with the results from these units considering their size and price. Has anyone fitted one to a PKZ P-47 yet? If not, which unit would you recoomed for that plane Andrew (it's 1100mm span, which makes all three units possibles according to your website).

thanks, Matt
Sep 07, 2012, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
Wow, very impressed with the results from these units considering their size and price. Has anyone fitted one to a PKZ P-47 yet? If not, which unit would you recoomed for that plane Andrew (it's 1100mm span, which makes all three units possibles according to your website).

thanks, Matt
I would reccomned trying to squeze the Budget or Pro in if at all possible. 1100 is a little small, but it may fit with some mods. I know that some have put it in the Dynam Spitfire, which is 1200mm. Tight squeze, but they got it in.

Andrew

http://www.mrrcsound.com
Sep 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
xrx1113's Avatar
can it make machine gun sounds like a war war 2 plane doing a straffing run?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5700 Today 01:02 PM
New Product JR XG11 Owner's Thread ElIntocable Radios 690 Jun 04, 2017 10:04 PM
Discussion Version 2.5 MrRCSound sound system. MrRCFlying Electric Plane Talk 1 Jan 07, 2014 05:41 AM
Discussion The Official Teen Chit Chat Thread (Always Off Topic) Alex Schauer Chit Chat 31697 Aug 27, 2013 07:56 PM
Sold Mrrcsound electric sound system with gun card. This is the pro version aquaanox Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Jul 05, 2012 10:11 AM