Sep 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
Wilde Sau
Well, I have several different types of Visaton speakers and their SPL is stated on the website which is also available in English...

I wired them to a 40W Kemo amp and use a potentiometer to regulate volume. I would just push them as far as the sound comes out of the speakers without any distortion. I also have the 18W Kemo amp ready at hand...

Cheers,
Bernhard
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot
Well, I have several different types of Visaton speakers and their SPL is stated on the website which is also available in English...

I wired them to a 40W Kemo amp and use a potentiometer to regulate volume. I would just push them as far as the sound comes out of the speakers without any distortion. I also have the 18W Kemo amp ready at hand...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Curious to see. I am always looking for possible upgrades to the system. I have looked all over, but I can't find a dealer for Visaton speakers in the US. The would add to the cost as well. Still interested to hear your results though.

Andrew
Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
Feeling the THRALL

HK/Starmax P-47 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Jackson, what type of P47 are you using? I am building a Top Flite P47. Where would you install the Ultra?
NC,

I have ordered and received a 1600mm from Hobby King. Turns out it is the same thing that Starmax is selling through other vendors. There is a nice thread on the Starmax P-47 on RCGroups.

I am planning to install the 2 inch speakers fore and aft of the wing area, then pop in the two 1.22 on the side of the forward fuz. I will take photos as I build and publish so you can see what I do. I am also installing better retracts, metal struts and 3 inch wheels. The rest will be stock.

The Top Flite P47 is going to be substantially heavier, requiring more power, but will be absolutely gorgeous. I have a Top Flite P-51 that I recently purchased. It weighs 2.8 tons . The guy that sold it to me had a Supertigre 0.75 two stroke. Can't even get aloft with that engine! Thinking about going to a 23cc two stroke so that I can achieve vertical climb. Another story for another thread.

Regards,

Jackson
Sep 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Where did that tree come from?
Very impressed with this unit and my friends are raving about it so you may be getting some additional business

My Airfield Stuka with MrRcSound system (1 min 43 sec)
Last edited by urrl; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Sep 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Jackson,
I'll be watching for your install posts.
URRL...what system do you have? MRRCSOUND has four options. That sure is a nice lloking plane. Who sells it?
Sep 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
I have the Budget "A" system using the Daimler Benz sound. Nitroplanes sells the Airfield Stuka. It is well packaged and mine arrived without damage.
Sep 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Stuka vor!
Andrew:
Would it be possible to add a Stuka siren sound file to your Pro System instead of the machinegun sound?

Like the 1st sound example in this youtube vid:

Stuka Diving Sound

If answer is yes i´m only seconds away from an order!

Thanks
Klaus
Sep 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.schlot
Andrew:
Would it be possible to add a Stuka siren sound file to your Pro System instead of the machinegun sound?

Like the 1st sound example in this youtube vid:

Stuka Diving Sound

If answer is yes i´m only seconds away from an order!

Thanks
Klaus
That is something I have been asked before. Unfortinately it is not possible at the moment. It is something I am working on for the future however. It may be months out though. Sorry.

Andrew
Sep 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Stuka vor!
Thanks for your fast response Andrew.

Even if it´s not possible i´ll order, because your system is what i was looking for such a long time.

I´m asking all of my friends from my aeroclub so that we can set a "mass-order" to you.

I´ll contact you by mail the near future.

Klaus
Sep 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
Very impressed with this unit and my friends are raving about it so you may be getting some additional business

http://youtu.be/U-UNWbGIMoI
urrl,

great vid and representation of Drews sound unit.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Sep 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks
Sep 29, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.schlot
Thanks for your fast response Andrew.

Even if it´s not possible i´ll order, because your system is what i was looking for such a long time.

I´m asking all of my friends from my aeroclub so that we can set a "mass-order" to you.

I´ll contact you by mail the near future.

Klaus
Sure thing Klaus. I can do a special price for larger club orders. Let me know, and I will get working on them.

Andrew
Sep 29, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl

http://youtu.be/U-UNWbGIMoI
Thanks for that video! Fantastic job. Let your friends know I would be happy to build systems for them.

Andrew
Sep 29, 2012, 04:17 PM
Andrew What sound unit would you recommend for my Me109? The budget unit I installed in my FW190 is to big. Any suggestions ? Much appreciated .

Greg
Sep 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWCXC
Andrew What sound unit would you recommend for my Me109? The budget unit I installed in my FW190 is to big. Any suggestions ? Much appreciated .

Greg
Hi Greg,
What 109 is that, and what is the wing span? I have the FMS 109, and it fits in quite nicely. If it is a smaller version, probably go with a Mini unit with one or two extra mini speakers.

Andrew

Quick Reply