Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:17 PM
BILLYDSRC is offline
Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
I would say a 13lb to 20lb would work just great in it. We will have a turbine Kit for it very soon. Thanks Billy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Could this be fitted with a turbine? If so, how much thrust?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:51 PM
Arngeir Blakseth is offline
Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
Last edited by Arngeir Blakseth; Feb 08, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:16 PM
Tumbler is offline
Find More Posts by Tumbler
Registered User
Tumbler's Avatar
i thought it came with an adapter for 127mm fan. no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:25 PM
Arngeir Blakseth is offline
Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
It does come with two adapters, one to fit 110mm fans and the other I really don't know what fan size they want it to fit. It is a bit too large to fit a 120mm fan( I tried it on a TJ120 shroud) and too small to fit a Dynamax or Ramtec fan. But I do have a plug from when I did the inlet extension/adapter for my MiG-15 so it will be easy enough to knock out a short adapter for this jet.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 PM
lashmett75 is offline
Find More Posts by lashmett75
Not a Drone pilot
lashmett75's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
Tam and I are going to put a P100 in one...so we will see

James
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:02 AM
BILLYDSRC is offline
Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
That's going to rip man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
Tam and I are going to put a P100 in one...so we will see

James
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:57 AM
stoneenforcer is offline
Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
High Dynamic Thrust
stoneenforcer's Avatar
its a nail biter to see who's gonna be posting a sweet flight video first! i wanna see some real yank and bank, 150mph snap rolls on this frame before I order up. A good flight review of its inflights characteristics would be great!

cheers and happy building gents!!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:28 PM
alanjets is offline
Find More Posts by alanjets
Registered User
alanjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
IM thinking of getting one off Clifford top bloke and putting my vt80 in it got a spare one out my snow blower

RC turbine powered snowblower (2 min 19 sec)
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:03 PM
Tumbler is offline
Find More Posts by Tumbler
Registered User
Tumbler's Avatar
I'd like to see some video of any jet doing a 150mph snap. I have only seen them done throttled way back. I would never try it, but would like to see it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer View Post
its a nail biter to see who's gonna be posting a sweet flight video first! i wanna see some real yank and bank, 150mph snap rolls on this frame before I order up. A good flight review of its inflights characteristics would be great!

cheers and happy building gents!!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:31 PM
jfetter is offline
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
I'd like to see some video of any jet doing a 150mph snap. I have only seen them done throttled way back. I would never try it, but would like to see it.
This is the fastest snap I've ever seen from a jet, check out the 2:00 minute mark, perhaps 125+ MPH give or take?

BVM Electra 3, Windows Media, High Definition, 171MB

Jack
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
txshan130 is offline
Find More Posts by txshan130
Aerial Appeal
txshan130's Avatar
that is what I was thinking , VT-80
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:53 AM
easy jets is offline
Find More Posts by easy jets
Registered User
easy jets's Avatar

canopy


First things first.

Painted the inside of the canopy black.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:56 AM
BILLYDSRC is offline
Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
Cliff that looks bad a$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy jets View Post
First things first.

Painted the inside of the canopy black.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
Paul Swy is offline
Find More Posts by Paul Swy
Registered User
Paul Swy's Avatar
Just a little caution on tinting. I tinted my JTM L39 a little too dark with Tamiya Smoke and as a result it's nearly black. It's off my list of possible planes to fly when temps are up over 90 degrees. The plastic gets very hot and I think I even managed a small dimple where I put some pressure on it during a hot day. I've found the Transparent Blue, the best for a really dark tint without the risk of heating up the plastic. You'll want to make sure you keep the canopy at least, in the shade on hot days.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Tumbler is offline
Find More Posts by Tumbler
Registered User
Tumbler's Avatar
Just need to keep it out of direct sunlight or put a blanket over the canopy. You will see a ton of guys with covers on their canopies at jet meets.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Swy View Post
Just a little caution on tinting. I tinted my JTM L39 a little too dark with Tamiya Smoke and as a result it's nearly black. It's off my list of possible planes to fly when temps are up over 90 degrees. The plastic gets very hot and I think I even managed a small dimple where I put some pressure on it during a hot day. I've found the Transparent Blue, the best for a really dark tint without the risk of heating up the plastic. You'll want to make sure you keep the canopy at least, in the shade on hot days.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product JTM 90mm Viperjet by UsaRcJets BILLYDSRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2039 Dec 02, 2016 08:45 PM
Build Log Jet Teng Models L-39 Thunderbird by UsaRcJets BILLYDSRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 75 Sep 18, 2011 07:58 PM
Discussion FoamEdge by Billy Haynes Billy Haynes Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 27 Apr 30, 2009 12:52 AM
D.O.G.S. Coverage from Billy Hell RC and RC Groups Jim T. Graham Fuel Power Events 33 Sep 13, 2005 08:31 PM