JTM "THE SPORT JET XXX" by UsaRcJets and Billy D - Page 28 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 06, 2013, 06:51 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler
got my Etremerc fan today. looks

bada$$!
is that a dynamax rotor ? nice machine work .those are some good numbers .
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 07:27 PM
its TALON TIME!
corsair nut's Avatar
no thats a ramtec eh
Feb 06, 2013, 10:00 PM
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
Yes sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
no thats a ramtec eh
Feb 07, 2013, 01:56 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar

Warning!! Stab servo mounting correction


I received an email from Andy at Jet-Teng who fortunately was monitoring the thread. He said: "There is a hidden danger which I hadn't mentioned to you".
His correction is below. My first reaction was "Oh Sh$$, what a mess this is gonna be" but on reflection that's the risk one runs by being out the gate early, I'm very glad Andy was on his game.
Feb 07, 2013, 06:01 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
swps's Avatar

Looking Good.


I got home from my business trip and opened up my XXX. Everything looks amazing. Very good quality! The paint is flawless and everything but the tail and canopy dry fit without problems. The tail needs just a tiny amount of sanding where a carbon spare goes to get in the whole, same thing for the canopy latch. There are no instructions, not even basic ones, but this doesn't look too hard to figure out. Was CG posted anywhere?

I'm going to use a BVM EVF in it and the 120mm ring is just barely, and I mean barely too small. The next sized one has about 1-2mm clearance all around.

The struts and retracts look great and appear very well made. The mains have air brakes, but no tank, line, T's, valve or anything. Nothing is included so that's an extra expense. I was hoping that would be included, oh well.

In all I'm impressed and I plan on starting on it this evening.
Feb 07, 2013, 06:26 PM
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
In all I'm impressed and I plan on starting on it this evening.
You're going to be done so much before me on my YA build :/
Feb 08, 2013, 07:16 AM
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
I got home from my business trip and opened up my XXX. Everything looks amazing. Very good quality! The paint is flawless and everything but the tail and canopy dry fit without problems. The tail needs just a tiny amount of sanding where a carbon spare goes to get in the whole, same thing for the canopy latch. There are no instructions, not even basic ones, but this doesn't look too hard to figure out. Was CG posted anywhere?

I just picked up mine at the post office, and I can agree with you on the first impressions, just about perfect. I did get some basic instuctions in my kit, written by the European dealer www.rc-jets.com. It has the CG listed as 215-220mm back from the wing root leading edge.
Feb 08, 2013, 11:33 AM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
In all I'm impressed and I plan on starting on it this evening.
Good luck! I got a feeling your going to be done before me also.
Feb 08, 2013, 11:35 AM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth
I just picked up mine at the post office, and I can agree with you on the first impressions, just about perfect. I did get some basic instuctions in my kit, written by the European dealer www.rc-jets.com. It has the CG listed as 215-220mm back from the wing root leading edge.
I was unable to find an instruction download on rc-jets site. Can I trouble you to email a copy to me? (joe@motioncontrolsys.com)

Thanks!
Feb 08, 2013, 11:58 AM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
SWPS i noticed your model is sans "xXx" looks much better.
I think a great big FUTABA logo would look great in that spot!
Feb 08, 2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
I was unable to find an instruction download on rc-jets site. Can I trouble you to email a copy to me? (joe@motioncontrolsys.com)

Thanks!
You can pm user easy jets on here, that's Clifford the guy running rc-jets.com, I'm sure he would not mind helping out.
Feb 08, 2013, 05:12 PM
shut up & fly
hoser's Avatar
wait till you see the scheme im going to put on mine, cant wait
Feb 08, 2013, 06:41 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
swps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
SWPS i noticed your model is sans "xXx" looks much better.
I think a great big FUTABA logo would look great in that spot!
Yes mine is without the triple X. I actually like the triple X so either way was fine with me and the XXX is included on a sheet. However I would be more than happy to put a Futaba sticker on there if Futaba was to send me a radio to fly it with!

Right now it's gonna get a JR 1221 receiver and be paired with my JR 11X and most likely the XXX stickers.
Feb 08, 2013, 06:54 PM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
wait till you see the scheme im going to put on mine, cant wait
Cant wait to see it with your EVF.
Bring it to Ky in september!
Feb 08, 2013, 07:09 PM
Aerial Appeal
txshan130's Avatar
Could this be fitted with a turbine? If so, how much thrust?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product JTM 90mm Viperjet by UsaRcJets BILLYDSRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2118 Nov 10, 2017 05:23 PM
Build Log Jet Teng Models L-39 Thunderbird by UsaRcJets BILLYDSRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 75 Sep 18, 2011 07:58 PM
Discussion FoamEdge by Billy Haynes Billy Haynes Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 27 Apr 30, 2009 12:52 AM
D.O.G.S. Coverage from Billy Hell RC and RC Groups Jim T. Graham Fuel Power Events 33 Sep 13, 2005 08:31 PM