aka JetMan Joe
16.5 to be exact
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
16.5 to be exact
Awesome thanks!! Can you give me a measurement on the nose gear steering?
Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
aka JetMan Joe
If I would have started my opening 1/8" closer to the trailing edge I would have missed the dowell block completely. If you keep below 73.75 from the TE you will miss it. Stay above 26.5 and you will miss the lower spar.
Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps
Awesome thanks!! Can you give me a measurement on the nose gear steering?
When I get there (unless you can be more specific)
Jan 26, 2013, 07:00 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
How much skin strength do you think is compromised by cutting that chunk out of the surface, looks to be rohacell? A laminate servo cover frame would ad strength back. I usually tape off the surface then layout the opening , score it with a blade a few times until it slices through, it looks like a mouse got a hold of them edges man!
Jan 26, 2013, 07:36 AM
Registered balsa abuser
I'd rather make a cutout in the root rib and mount the servo through it, then you'd only need a small slot for the servo arm to poke through the surface.
Jan 26, 2013, 08:19 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
You know you're right, that or possibly better, the same thing but directly through the fuse root contact, looks like there is enough room down under and next to the efflux pipe area within the elevator fairing, then your surface slots just slip over the exposed horn during installation.
Jan 26, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mile High EDF
If my 84 RX7 sells today I'm in
Jan 26, 2013, 02:09 PM
shut up & fly
ok ordered, get ready for killer fuzz 2
Jan 26, 2013, 02:12 PM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
Good for you dude! Now bring it to the Bluegrass EDF jet jam in september now that it is closer to you
Jan 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero
How much skin strength do you think is compromised by cutting that chunk out of the surface, looks to be rohacell? A laminate servo cover frame would ad strength back. I usually tape off the surface then layout the opening , score it with a blade a few times until it slices through, it looks like a mouse got a hold of them edges man!
Yeah it does, a real tiny mouse . Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure about the properties of the material when I started cutting, I figured I'd do a little refinishing, I like your way much better. For strength I plan to bond a thin square piece of CF under the servo mounting posts and frame the opening so the doctored piece I removed will be screwed back in place. The strength will be more then adequate.
Last edited by MCSGUY; Jan 26, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:37 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth
I'd rather make a cutout in the root rib and mount the servo through it, then you'd only need a small slot for the servo arm to poke through the surface.
That would be the ideal solution IMO. Pretty tight working conditions, not sure if I would attempt it unless I saw an example first.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
I see one of these in my future. However distant that may be since I'm still building my Sniper XL.......(Wish I weren't)
Jan 26, 2013, 03:43 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Good for you dude! Now bring it to the Bluegrass EDF jet jam in september now that it is closer to you
Is that new name for the one we'll be attending in Kentucky? "Bluegrass EDF jet jam", I like it
Jan 26, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
I like the name TOO So Bob, I take it you will be getting a Bluegrass band to play at the pilot's Dinner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Is that new name for the one we'll be attending in Kentucky? "Bluegrass EDF jet jam", I like it

Quick Reply