Flyzone Select Scale deHavilland DHC-2 Beaver - Page 7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
Registered User
What kind of rattle can paint might work best on the floats, I'm thinking I want to paint them silver?

Thank you!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2012, 02:04 PM
Closed Account
If its epo foam most any brand.....testors, krylon etc. Just test a small area inside the battery bay or somewhere to make sure it doesn't react to the foam. Also apply very light coats especially of the first couple coats.
Sep 30, 2012, 02:04 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP
yikes, starting to get a little nervous about this bird. Not digging that bell motor for one.......

I want it and it's waiting at the LHS for me but I think wanting to replace the rx and now possibly the motor is putting me on the fence now about getting it.
Don't be nervous, its a 10 dollar motor. You should get it, fly it and and replace the motor for something else if it goes out. Its not going to go out for most people. You won't find a better flying plane for land and water.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Sep 30, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Sep 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP
If its epo foam most any brand.....testors, krylon etc. Just test a small area inside the battery bay or somewhere to make sure it doesn't react to the foam. Also apply very light coats especially of the first couple coats.
Yes, I can confirm its EPO.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Sep 30, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Sep 30, 2012, 02:09 PM
Closed Account
Wow hasrh dude.......I knew the plane was epo well before your vid. Just letting the guy know if a plane is epo most paint works.

Unsubbed
Sep 30, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
My apologies Brent.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Sep 30, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Sep 30, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2
What kind of rattle can paint might work best on the floats, I'm thinking I want to paint them silver?

Thank you!
Tamiya makes great water based acrylic paints that you can airbrush. Once dry, you will not be able to remove it with water.

The silver is a great idea.
Sep 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
Closed Account
I had a similar motor issue with my E-Flite Taylorcraft. If I eased the throttle all the way up it was fine. But, if I dropped the throttle and punched it, then it would bind. The problem turned out to be the ESC and its been perfect since I swapped it out.
Sep 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
Registered User
pda4you's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
No sweat dude, If your feelings get hurt that easy, maybe you need to find a new hobby.
That is uncalled for...

Mike
Sep 30, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{}
I had a similar motor issue with my E-Flite Taylorcraft. If I eased the throttle all the way up it was fine. But, if I dropped the throttle and punched it, then it would bind. The problem turned out to be the ESC and its been perfect since I swapped it out.
Alright, so it might not be the motor then. I've got extra ESC'S. I can put one in and let you know it it helps. Thanks for the help in troubleshooting.
Sep 30, 2012, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Can anyone post a picture of the motor mount and mount point please?
Sep 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73
Can anyone post a picture of the motor mount and mount point please?
Yep, I can get a photo for you.
Sep 30, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Tom Smith's Avatar
Skyline, could you post that motor/mount picture for all to see. Just curious to see how it's mounted. My Beaver should be here on Tuesday.
Sep 30, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Skyline, could you post that motor/mount picture for all to see. Just curious to see how it's mounted. My Beaver should be here on Tuesday.
Sure, I'll go get it now.
Sep 30, 2012, 08:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Alright, here are the photos. I also got a photo of the stock shaft showing the groove from the factory. This groove is right between the front bearing and the prop adapter. Its almost like they did this so that it would fail. There is no reason why a groove like this would exist.

As for the motor mount. Mine has down right thrust. Can someone confirm this with their model when they get it.

If anything, the way I crashed should have caused the motor mount to bend up and to the right. So when I took the mount off, I didn't keep track of the orientation on the mount. I could have accidentally put it on upside down, but then the thrust would have been down and left, correct?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 16 Jun 09, 2016 08:24 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 02:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 04:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 08:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 07:39 AM