Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49
Paul, you can never have too many cubs
I know but this time I'm all cub'd out
Apr 04, 2014, 09:17 AM
I can fix that!
Quote:
The bushwheels on the new Parkzone Sport Cub might be an option now for the Beaver. I'm guessing, based on the size of the plane, that they might be around 3.5"... can't see them being more than 4 or they'd look bigger than this...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2139067

When I saw those wheels I thought they looked just like those on the big Carbon-Z Cub.
If they are, then they're rubber coated foam, and hard enough to drive nails!
Apr 04, 2014, 09:26 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner
When I saw those wheels I thought they looked just like those on the big Carbon-Z Cub.
If they are, then they're rubber coated foam, and hard enough to drive nails!
If they're the same thing as the CZC wheels, yeah, they're EVA closed cell foam sprayed with a very thin rubber coating. Same thing I used to make my own over a year ago. It's the same foam used on most park flyer and UM wheels... just a bigger version of it. The 4" I made are currently being used on my taildragger converted Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1714411
Apr 05, 2014, 03:31 PM

Betsy nears the end of wearing Ski's on Sparkling Diamonds of Snow

Hi everyone, this is a photo of what may near our last flight on skis for this year. I was green with envy when Paul stated he was already switching to Bush Wheels! I did take a movie but the rising sun up there was haze - big time. So didn't include it. The two of us have logged another hour so that makes 41 hours of ALOT OF FUN! And best of all to be flying on diamonds of Sparkling Snow! I'll be taking out my Senior Falcon tomorrow. She dates back to the early 70's and I completely missed the ARF version of the 90's. A joy to fly like that of a sailboat just cruises about and if you have enough altitude let go of the controls and she'll right herself for the pilot was defineately the problem as the plane might be heading for teraferma FAST. The Beaver is surely sweet and even though it does require some vigalance and learning to really understand the plane the rewards are great for this is a "Flying Machine". Enjoy your flights! Bill
Apr 05, 2014, 03:40 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitieford
Hi everyone, this is a photo of what may near our last flight on skis for this year. I was green with envy when Paul stated he was already switching to Bush Wheels! I did take a movie but the rising sun up there was haze - big time. So didn't include it. The two of us have logged another hour so that makes 41 hours of ALOT OF FUN! And best of all to be flying on diamonds of Sparkling Snow! I'll be taking out my Senior Falcon tomorrow. She dates back to the early 70's and I completely missed the ARF version of the 90's. A joy to fly like that of a sailboat just cruises about and if you have enough altitude let go of the controls and she'll right herself for the pilot was defineately the problem as the plane might be heading for teraferma FAST. The Beaver is surely sweet and even though it does require some vigalance and learning to really understand the plane the rewards are great for this is a "Flying Machine". Enjoy your flights! Bill
Betsy looks great Bill
Cant believe how bad the weather has been for us here this winter, this morning rain and now its snowing with extream wind.
So BDY is looking out the window only with his wheels on
Apr 05, 2014, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Betsy looks great Bill
Cant believe how bad the weather has been for us here this winter, this morning rain and now its snowing with extream wind.
So BDY is looking out the window only with his wheels on
Yes I feel for you and GBDY!! This has been some extremes in the weather. I ordered the smaller spinner so even with my down sized Great Britain Spinner that was smaller than the plastic original one finally going to get it right. Thank you for your diligence and sharing. Bill
Apr 05, 2014, 04:54 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Yes I feel for you and GBDY!! This has been some extremes in the weather. I ordered the smaller spinner so even with my down sized Great Britain Spinner that was smaller than the plastic original one finally going to get it right. Thank you for your diligence and sharing. Bill
I hope you receive the spinner faster then I did.
Not that I was in a rush to get it but 6 weeks is kind of a stretch
Apr 06, 2014, 08:05 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
The bushwheels on the new Parkzone Sport Cub might be an option now for the Beaver. I'm guessing, based on the size of the plane, that they might be around 3.5"... can't see them being more than 4 or they'd look bigger than this...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2139067

update...

seems to be correct

Name: parkzone-sport-cub-wheel-size.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 68.7 KB
Description:
Apr 06, 2014, 08:31 AM
Quote:
I'll be taking out my Senior Falcon tomorrow. She dates back to the early 70's and I completely missed the ARF version of the 90's. A joy to fly like that of a sailboat just cruises about and if you have enough altitude let go of the controls and she'll right herself for the pilot was defineately the problem as the plane might be heading for teraferma FAST.
Ah Bill,, You conjure up some fond distant memories. The Sr. Falcon was the first RC plane I ever built and Goldberg was about 4 blocks from where I worked at the time. I used to stop in regularly to BS

Thanks
Ed
Apr 07, 2014, 06:06 PM
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!

Eye candy!

Flies as good as it looks!
Apr 07, 2014, 07:49 PM
RR Tootie Toot Toot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddge
Flies as good as it looks!
Looking good and nice photos
Apr 08, 2014, 11:43 AM

holding battery in & which receiver

Assembling my new Beaver. Is anyone having problems securing the battery adequately for flight using the provided Velcro? .Doesn't seem very secure for flight. I will be using 2100 and 2250 TP batteries

Also, what is the upside of a buying a Tactic adapter for my Spectrum DX7 vs just substituting a Spectrum receiver?

I have never flown a plane with flaps before and am thinking of using a bit of down elevator mix . Any suggestions about the amount of down mix?

So far assembly seems straight forward. I used the suggestion in this forum of blunting a Phillips screw driver a bit for better contact with the provided screws. Works great!!l

Am looking forward to my first flights next week. As suggested, I will be flying from land first to get a feel for the plane.

Thanks,

Frank
Apr 08, 2014, 12:10 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Any Link people may not like my perspective, but I think you're better off using a receiver that matches your transmitter. I tried the Any Link but it seemed to cut down on the range. So, I have a Tactic transmitter which works great with my Tactic receivers, and I have a few planes with Spektrum receivers that work great with my Spektrum transmitter.
Apr 08, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdeluca1
Assembling my new Beaver. Is anyone having problems securing the battery adequately for flight using the provided Velcro? .Doesn't seem very secure for flight. I will be using 2100 and 2250 TP batteries
Bet your Velcro is both too short and not stuck all that well to the fuselage side - they do the same thing over and over again in both the Beaver, the Acro Wot and the Wot 4!
Do you guys have this product in your hobby store: Deluxe Materials R/C Modellers Craft Glue? It's one helluva great PVA based glue and it really has awesome adhesive strength and ability. I use it to add additional bonding to the installed Velcro strip and I also use an additional patch of Velcro to extend the contact area - one piece on each battery pack plus the reciprocal patch on the fuselage.
Problem solved.

R

Quick Reply