Thread Tools
Oct 09, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Cool Paul.

I just hope my paint holds up longer than it took to paint the darn thing.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 06:40 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Float work is going well
I will most likely spray some clear under the Beaver fuselage so that the black paint desn't stick to my fingers and peel off.
Oct 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Sneak peak
Float progress
Thats it for tonight my eyes are shot.
Oct 09, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
Looks good Paul. What did you use for the non slip surfaces?
Oct 09, 2012, 09:24 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH
Looks good Paul. What did you use for the non slip surfaces?
Thanks Geoff

Its vinyl decal sticky paper, what they use to do lettering on cars.
before I stick it on I turn it upside down and use a small hole puncher and make rivets. did that on the windshield too
Oct 09, 2012, 11:48 PM
Registered User
The floats look great!
Oct 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip57
The floats look great!
Thanks Philip

Did the other side now
Still more detailling to do on them before the flat clear coat.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
Wow Paul, those floats do look fantastic and so real.
Oct 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet
Wow Paul, those floats do look fantastic and so real.
Thanks

Here are more sneak peak, trying them on the fuselage before I continue.
Just finish my little paddle too
Oct 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Thanks

Here are more sneak peak, trying them on the fuselage before I continue.
Just finish my little paddle too
That looks awesome! Might have to do something similar to mine.
Oct 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
That looks awesome! Might have to do something similar to mine.
The little Beaver deserves all the attention you can give it
Oct 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
Wow again, looks even better attached to the fuse, I bought the paint last night to do mine at Walmart
Oct 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User
Those floats look awesome. Mine's coming into the lhs friday. Can't wait to try her out. I'm going to run 2200mah packs in it. Any other battery size recommendations?
Oct 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisha
Those floats look awesome. Mine's coming into the lhs friday. Can't wait to try her out. I'm going to run 2200mah packs in it. Any other battery size recommendations?
I havent tried anything else but my Lectron(common sense rc) 2200 50 c packs, but those work extremely well..
Oct 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet
I havent tried anything else but my Lectron(common sense rc) 2200 50 c packs, but those work extremely well..
I will use also 2200 40c and I'm shure it will be fine.
2200 fit really nice and a bit bigger would fit too but why push the limit
I'm shure I will get a good 10 min of nice scale flying with the 2200 40c


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 16 Jun 09, 2016 07:24 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 01:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 03:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 07:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 06:39 AM