Mar 17, 2013, 09:56 AM
pilots, anyone have pilots in these birds?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
2 many planes...2 little time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Nice
No more snow already!
we are expecting another darn snowstorm tuesday and wednesday
HEE hee.... I ducked out just in time..... Left Toronto at 1900 Friday night, got to Glasgow at 1300 yesterday...yeah...long flight when you go through Amsterdam! Jet lag sucks......

Shucks...I'm gonna miss the next round of snow...NOT!!!!... BUT...it's been raining solid since I got here...no surprise...and I'll take it over the snow...... I'm with you Paul.... We have had our share of the white stuff this winter in Southern Ontario and Quebec!! That groundhog should lay low for a loooooong time....... predicting an early spring....sheesh....probably a price on his head!
But I'm REALLY missing the Beaver already.... Getting a new plane....expecially one as nice as this.... is exciting...and then to have to put it on hold.......torture!!!
And YES I am going to get another Beaver...but before ANY of you chime in and say "Hey Dave...why don't you pick one up over there?"....Well, since I haven't been over here for four months...and haven't seen her in that time...the wife would KILL me if I started playing with one here, instead of spending all my time with her!!! nuff said! LOL
But I am going to get some 'stuff' while I'm here...new Spektrum 6-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver, some Spektrum slim servos for my scale sailplanes...stuff that's for some reason cheaper to buy here.
Mar 17, 2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH GORDON
I've been looking for a suitable 1:10th or so pilot that I like, but so far not much that I've seen. With the depth of the seat, we will need more than the usual short 'bust' glued to a tray almost even with the canopy sill in our Beavers!
I do have a VERY ancient 1:10th RC Toyoto Landcruiser (mid '80s vintage) that came with a FULL body driver in a racing suit with moulded on harness, and full face helmet for a head. Maybe I should yank him out, make a mold off him and start making bodies out of expanding foam (nice and light)...then all you have to do is trim and paint, then 'cut and paste' a suitable head with cap and David Clarkes from a 1:10 pilot bust on to. hmmmmmm...... might have to give this idea more thought when I get back!
Dave
Last edited by windysailor; Mar 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistake.....it's BEAVERS....not Breavers... lol!
Mar 17, 2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pin
Doesn't get any better. No wind, heat wave (18F)
I was just randomly scrolling back through the thread and found this pic...LOL I would be more impressed if you had signed your name.... I'll bet not many could say they signed their name in the snow with a Beaver on floats!
Mar 17, 2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by windysailor
I was just randomly scrolling back through the thread and found this pic...LOL I would be more impressed if you had signed your name.... I'll bet not many could say they signed their name in the snow with a Beaver on floats!
:thumbup:
Mar 17, 2013, 01:27 PM

Add-ons

Picked up the Flyzone beaver and added a couple things. Wanted the bush pilot look and found a couple stickers still waiting on a bigfoot hunting permit. Added the metal Alaska sticker, Also used twine and thread to make dock ropes and added foot grips on floats. I took 220 wet sand sanding paper and used stoch double sided tape. This is like regular scotch tape but stickie on both sides.Painted the anteneas black also. Just a few things to make it look scale. If you have any ideals let me know. This is a well built plane for the money.
Mar 17, 2013, 01:39 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepster
Picked up the Flyzone beaver and added a couple things. Wanted the bush pilot look and found a couple stickers still waiting on a bigfoot hunting permit. Added the metal Alaska sticker, Also used twine and thread to make dock ropes and added foot grips on floats. I took 220 wet sand sanding paper and used stoch double sided tape. This is like regular scotch tape but stickie on both sides.Painted the anteneas black also. Just a few things to make it look scale. If you have any ideals let me know. This is a well built plane for the money.
Looking good
Lots of things can be added but it doesn't take much to look good

Here is my Beaver #2 with more details then my Beaver #1
https://picasaweb.google.com/PaulG91...eaver2Project#
Mar 17, 2013, 02:25 PM
Wow that's sharp.I can tell you went a lot futher then me lol. I haven't been able to fly mine yet due to weather.I dripped ca on the yarn for rope dock ties to stiffen them up. I was originally was going to run the landing gear till I had it trimmed in but I put the wrong screw in wrong hole and the screwhead being so soft it wouldn't screw in or out so I had to dermal it. The screw is now cut almost flush and cant get it out. So I just went with floats.
Mar 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:

I thought about doing that..now I see that it will indeed look great. I am gonna hit mine with some Rustoleum silver spray too.

-Cub
Mar 17, 2013, 02:31 PM
The rotary engine insert looks tits, very detailed. May try that. Does your door have hinges?
you could 45 each side and hinge it to open.
Mar 17, 2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Wow that's sharp.I can tell you went a lot futher then me lol. I haven't been able to fly mine yet due to weather.I dripped ca on the yarn for rope dock ties to stiffen them up. I was originally was going to run the landing gear till I had it trimmed in but I put the wrong screw in wrong hole and the screwhead being so soft it wouldn't screw in or out so I had to dermal it. The screw is now cut almost flush and cant get it out. So I just went with floats.
Thats ok you probably will prefer flying it on floats anyway
Yes I added so much to my Beavers because I'm a big fan of that aircraft.
I dont even rule out getting a third one
Mar 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
The rotary engine insert looks tits, very detailed. May try that. Does your door have hinges?
you could 45 each side and hinge it to open.
No hinges because I dont really go in there unless I have to do some work.
I have a some clear silicone adhesive all around the door edges and then let it dry well overnight and after closing the door I have just 2 pins going thru the foam so I can easely open it if needed.
Mar 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
I see, cant wait to fly mine. Couple week at most here in Indiana Been flying all winter here when wind calm but different on water.
Mar 17, 2013, 02:44 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH GORDON
Don't mind the Beaver, she's a WIP....

But here are pics of the pilot I will use. I'll apologize now for the crappy pics.

BTW, someone here a short time ago was looking for a windshield. If you are still in the hunt, I think I can give up my stock one as I've made a transparent version. PM me.

~Cheers,

Neil
Mar 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes
Don't mind the Beaver, she's a WIP....

But here are pics of the pilot I will use. I'll apologize now for the crappy pics.

BTW, someone here a short time ago was looking for a windshield. If you are still in the hunt, I think I can give up my stock one as I've made a transparent version. PM me.

~Cheers,

Neil
Thats a cool! dude
Good size too.
I had made one too but since I couldn't see inside I decided not to.
Making a clear screen is a good option.

Quick Reply