Oct 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH
Just got back from my first flights. Went through 4 batts. With brand new 3s 2200 Trunigy 25c-35c and 10min flights the voltage was 11.4v and they where not even warm. With the stock throws on high rates am able to flip, roll, inverted and slip with no problems. Tried to spin it but the plane just wont stall. Get it slow with no power and can still keep it descending with full up elevator and rudder to guide it. More throws would not hurt though. Anyone with some experience would have no problems at all. It could use more flaps and rudder to really let it side slip. It has great power, lots of vertical from a short takeoff roll. Cant see this type of plane needing anymore power. My next task is to increase the flaps. I am going to try and put up a video.

Geoff
I thought the same thing on the flaps, but it already comes in pretty damn slow. I would still like it to walk in though.

I told you the flight times would be impressive. I love this plane. Did you have any issues with the motor like I was with mine? Flyzone is sending me a new motor because of that problem.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Thanks Geoff
Thats great info on the flight. videos would be great as there are not many still out there
I'm wondering if a 3 blade prop would do well , I'm going to test a couple
Did you start covering your floats with the speed tape yet? I got mine painted using Krylon Metallic Aluminum Paint. Worked pretty darn good.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:32 PM
Never noticed anything out of the ordinary with the motor / esc. With the power off the prop sure likes to windmill though. In longer grass a 3 blade prop might not be a bad idea and would look cool with the floats. Although the plane does not spend much time on the ground with the tail up.

The floats look great. If the paint is rugged enough I would like to do the same.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Did you start covering your floats with the speed tape yet? I got mine painted using Krylon Metallic Aluminum Paint. Worked pretty darn good.
No because I'm only getting the Beaver friday .
Your floats do look good like that. Now you need to add details on them
Go for it
Oct 03, 2012, 07:40 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Never noticed anything out of the ordinary with the motor / esc. With the power off the prop sure likes to windmill though. In longer grass a 3 blade prop might not be a bad idea and would look cool with the floats. Although the plane does not spend much time on the ground with the tail up.

The floats look great. If the paint is rugged enough I would like to do the same.
I have no idea, but you could put a protective clear coat over it possibly. But the black paint on the bottom of the fuse peeled off in huge rubbery sheets. Almost like its latex paint of some sort.

So I must of had a dud motor then, or dud ESC. Thanks for the feedback on the motor.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
No because I'm only getting the Beaver friday .
Your floats do look good like that. Now you need to add details on them
Go for it
I'm working on it, I'm working on it. I just got done painting them today. Need to wait until that paint is fully cured. I'm working on the plane too. C'mon paint. Hurry up and dry.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:45 PM
Here is a video with some clips of this afternoons flights.

Flyzone Beaver Evening STOL (2 min 12 sec)
Oct 03, 2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
I'm working on it, I'm working on it. I just got done painting them today. Need to wait until that paint is fully cured. I'm working on the plane too. C'mon paint. Hurry up and dry.
When you say the black paint peeled off, did you peel it off or it came off by wear
Oct 03, 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MSU6dK7Vg
Cool! thanks Geoff
Those lights are really bright
Looks like its got power to spare
Oct 03, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
When you say the black paint peeled off, did you peel it off or it came off by wear
Good question. Both actually. I had to touch up the bottom initially before deciding to repaint the plane. Its the same paint that the Parkzone T-28 that I used to have had.

But to remove it in large quantities, I used clear packing tape and it did wonders to the underside.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MSU6dK7Vg
Great video Geoff! Your camera really pics up those lights well. You also waste no time getting that thing off the ground do you?
Oct 03, 2012, 07:59 PM
Was filmed from a phone. I think the lights show up well beacuse it was actualy starting to get a little dark near the end but the camera brightened it up.
Oct 03, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Well, I just got done trying Krylon, Krylon for plastic, Testors, and Tamiya Rattle Cans. I can NOT mask off a single one with out all the paint or a majority of the paint peeling off. This is not good for me as I stripped the whole plane to give it a different paint job. Oh CRAP!
Oct 03, 2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Well, I just got done trying Krylon, Krylon for plastic, Testors, and Tamiya Rattle Cans. I can NOT mask off a single one with out all the paint or a majority of the paint peeling off. This is not good for me as I stripped the whole plane to give it a different paint job. Oh CRAP!
Did you use a primer before the paint, because I never had problems with primer before using those paints on the parkzone EPO foam models I have.
Oct 03, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Did you use a primer before the paint, because I never had problems with primer before using those paints on the parkzone EPO foam models I have.
Yeah, I used Krylon Primer. The paint and primer pulled right off with green frog tape, regular white masking tape, pactra masking tape, and clear tape. I'm really frustrated. I also had it come off on another area just as easy without the primer.

Its not coming off unless I'm trying to mask off certain areas. How do you mask?

Quick Reply