Thread Tools
Dec 29, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Hi, I appologise if this question has been asked before , but I havent read all 124 pages of this thread yet ,
Is this model available in the UK ?
I,m struggling to find a retailer with any in stock
I live in Mid wales ,but postage from anywhere in UK will be same ,
thanks Noel
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
Carthage, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Rush
Hi, I appologise if this question has been asked before , but I havent read all 124 pages of this thread yet ,
Is this model available in the UK ?
I,m struggling to find a retailer with any in stock
I live in Mid wales ,but postage from anywhere in UK will be same ,
thanks Noel
Hey Noel,

I think I have seen a few UK members here with the Beaver but not sure where they bought the thing. Most places are out of stock due to Christmas. Give it a few weeks and I bet you will see them coming back into stock. I got mine for Christmas and it is all together but the weather has been to bad here to fly so far!!!!!
Dec 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
Registered User
I believe it is called the Robbe Beaver in Europe. Same model in different trip.

http://www.robbe.de/air-beaver-arf.html
Last edited by Stikflyer; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Add Link
Dec 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Just came back from a nice flying session, the new snow was a bit harden so it was just perfect.
The sky was hazy but nice for the lights and no wind too.
Going back out but this time at the local club were I was just invited , should be fun.

Came back from the local club , got a couple airborn shots but it was snowing a bit so its not too clear.
Last edited by Paul-RC; Dec 29, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Dec 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Yeh you can get it two versions over here. Robbe and ST Model. Not sure where to find the Robbe one but any hobby shop that stocks Ripmax gear should be good for ST Model. I got mine from Hobbystore. They come rx ready but you need to order the floats separately if you want them.
Dec 29, 2012, 11:06 AM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
King Pin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikflyer
With mine I was getting some down elevator mixing no matter what position the slider was in. I want to remove any elevator mixing when the flaps were in the full up position.
You need to play around with the Flap Control, I remember having same situation the first time I used it on another plane. Forgot exactly but it may have to do with the slider wanting to be centered. I use mine with slider all the way back is no flap middle is half and foreword is full flap. You can see this on the graph and adjust accordingly. Mine shows Flap: +100%/+100% and elevator +28%. Sorry I couldn't be more clear, thats all thats coming out of my pea brain right now.
Dec 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
the flying fool
crash1414's Avatar
Wow seems like the txr version just went on back order everywhere until February can't seem to find one anywhere
Dec 29, 2012, 02:51 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Rush
Hi, I appologise if this question has been asked before , but I havent read all 124 pages of this thread yet ,
Is this model available in the UK ?
I,m struggling to find a retailer with any in stock
I live in Mid wales ,but postage from anywhere in UK will be same ,
thanks Noel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
Yeh you can get it two versions over here. Robbe and ST Model. Not sure where to find the Robbe one but any hobby shop that stocks Ripmax gear should be good for ST Model. I got mine from Hobbystore. They come rx ready but you need to order the floats separately if you want them.
Just wanted to add some links for you now I had a bit of time.
HobbyStores have them in stock and the floats at 15.99
Kings Lynn Model Shop has the plane but I can't seem to see the floats on there.
Both places are listing them at 124.90 with free postage.
Dec 29, 2012, 02:54 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
How's this for those Scale Guru's amongst you for a blank canvas to start from.
Dec 29, 2012, 03:30 PM
Registered User
WVrailfan's Avatar
I've often wished the makers of these nice foam planes would sell undecorated versions, like model railroad makers do. It would make custom painting or covering a plane so much easier for modelers who want custom models.

I'm in the process of covering my new Beaver with vinyl film to represent a plane flown by the CAP in Alaska. I removed all the decals and some paint. The bottom of the fuse I coated with white primer so the black would not show through the white vinyl.

Jim
Dec 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Just came back from a nice flying session, the new snow was a bit harden so it was just perfect.
The sky was hazy but nice for the lights and no wind too.
Going back out but this time at the local club were I was just invited , should be fun.

Came back from the local club , got a couple airborn shots but it was snowing a bit so its not too clear.
Its so hard to tell if it is a model or a full scale! NICE!
Dec 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
Its so hard to tell if it is a model or a full scale! NICE!
Thanks
I almost had a disaster coming home as I slipped in the stairs at home and I had my Beaver in my hands. No damages so I was lucky ....this time.
Dec 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Thanks
I almost had a disaster coming home as I slipped in the stairs at home and I had my Beaver in my hands. No damages so I was lucky ....this time.
Dang! Thats good it didn't get damage. I went out a spring loaded door with my Calypso the other day and my wing was not fully out of the way of the door and it somehow missed the wing! I almost passed out lol!
Dec 29, 2012, 05:08 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
Dang! Thats good it didn't get damage. I went out a spring loaded door with my Calypso the other day and my wing was not fully out of the way of the door and it somehow missed the wing! I almost passed out lol!
I almost passed out too, I didn't want to look at it.
Only I got hurt but thats not important
Dec 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Carthage, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
I almost passed out too, I didn't want to look at it.
Only I got hurt but thats not important
Well, that's the important part! Us people are self healing but not our planes!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 16 Jun 09, 2016 07:24 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 01:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 03:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 07:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 06:39 AM