Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Thanks Guys
Doing some tests on some foam using alluminium speed tape to simulate real floats , it would look great
Fantastic idea!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Fantastic idea!
It should work as it sticks like crazy , its light too , it has a dull color and it will dent like real alluminium floats
Cant wait to get mine..........friday is so far
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by sj3cub
I'm painting my floats with aluminum spray paint to simulate scale edo's. This is one cool Dehavilland Beaver foamie. I love the scale frise ailerons and fowler type flaps. I also reworked my flaps to get 45 degrees of throw in the landing configuration. Really nice features I have never seen on a foamie before.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by itsme2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I'm painting my floats with aluminum spray paint to simulate scale edo's. This is one cool Dehavilland Beaver foamie. I love the scale frise ailerons and fowler type flaps. I also reworked my flaps to get 45 degrees of throw in the landing configuration. Really nice features I have never seen on a foamie before.
What brand of paint are you using?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by GeoffH
Scott, what did you change to get the extra flap travel?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
Scott, what did you change to get the extra flap travel?
My guess is that he just install a longer servo arm to get more travel.
I'm planning to do just that to.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
Yes from what I can see it really is a great looking model and thats why I will do more scale details on it.
What I did on a set of floats before is use krylon gray primer , then Testors Chrome paint and applied scale decals then finish in Tamiya clear spray , that made the chrome turn dull and really look grreat.
This time I want to try my alluminium aircraft speed tape at least under the floats to give it more protection but if it applies well I will do the complete floats
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by GeoffH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
My guess is that he just install a longer servo arm to get more travel.
I'm planning to do just that to.
I am interested in knowing what servo arm spline matches the included servos.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Me too. What brand of servos are in this model?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
I am interested in knowing what servo arm spline matches the included servos.
Would be good to know yes.
If I dont have a matching one I might just replace the servo with a bit stronger one since it controls both flaps.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by bigrap

Speed tape?

What is alluminum speed tape and where do I get it?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrap View Post
What is alluminum speed tape and where do I get it?
This is tape they use on full size aircraft for a fast fix known as 200 mp/h tape
got it a long long time ago from a friend.

I think alluminium duck tape would also do but might not be as protective
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
I'm just going to lightly spray my floats flat silver. If they get scuffed I can just dust them again with the silver. Duct tape is heavy. That 200mph tape is paper thin and very light.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
I'm just going to lightly spray my floats flat silver. If they get scuffed I can just dust them again with the silver. Duct tape is heavy. That 200mph tape is paper thin and very light.
There is a very thin chrome duct tape and its light , I just dont know if it would resist to water.

If you dont fly off the sand where there are some rocks there should not be any problems.
Where I fly on the water I like to beach my planes and I need to protect the bottom of the floats.
Did it on my Icon A5 and its doing really well
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:23 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
A question if I may. I have a Hitec Flash 5X that I really like (but seldom use these days since going to 2.4 ghz), and would like to use it for this model since I got the Anylink for free. Could someone explain the sequence for binding this system and turning it on and off. The instructions seem to jump all over the place. I think it says on Futaba Hitec the transmitter has to be turned on, and Spektrum/JR has to be left off. There is a guy in my club who has a Toledo Special (E Flite 46 powered) on the Anylink and says it works perfectly. Not sure what brand radio he has it hooked to though. Has anyone linked a Hitec to the Anylink?
Last edited by Tom Smith; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:46 AM.