Dec 09, 2012, 07:51 AM
How does it fly with floats and without the winglets?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2012, 08:05 AM
From the link from On The Edge it seems, as he says, that they aren't used in the wheel configuration but it seems that although they are used on most the ones in float configuration there are a few that don't have them on. My guess is the difference would be very slight or else they would all have them on. I guess they would have a little less yaw stability without them on in float configuration due to the extra side area fore of the cog without compensation for that at the back.
Dec 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
Foamie Freak!
Two flights off the dock this morning, got a little windy, dumped the landing, second flight, no biggie didnt have to get in the water this time, wind was blowing straight towards the dock!
Up until then beautiful flights as per usual!
Dec 09, 2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
From the link from On The Edge it seems, as he says, that they aren't used in the wheel configuration but it seems that although they are used on most the ones in float configuration there are a few that don't have them on. My guess is the difference would be very slight or else they would all have them on. I guess they would have a little less yaw stability without them on in float configuration due to the extra side area fore of the cog without compensation for that at the back.
To me the plane looks better without the winglets, that why I asked.

Thank you.
Dec 09, 2012, 09:30 AM
That's a funny word
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2
How does it fly with floats and without the winglets?
How does it fly with wheels and without the winglets?
Dec 09, 2012, 01:51 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio
How does it fly with wheels and without the winglets?
It fly's very well without them on wheels, dont worry
The subfin winglets helps to reduce some wagging of the tail do to the drag from the floats.
Dec 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
That's a funny word
dog-gone it. I meant with wheels and WITH winglets. sorry.
Dec 09, 2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Still no problem, its just added tail stability
Dec 09, 2012, 05:59 PM

New Review of the Flyzone Beaver on RC Universe

Paul-RC,

Here is a new review of the Beaver. The engine was at least painted but he kept the stock decals without adding detailing like you do and others have done to their airplanes for more scale looks.

It looks ok stock but adding more scale details it looks even better.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1478

Chris
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Dec 09, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC
Paul-RC,

Here is a new review of the Beaver. The engine was at least painted but he kept the stock decals without adding detailing like you do and others have done to their airplanes for more scale looks.

It looks ok stock but adding more scale details it looks even better.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1478

Chris
Thanks Chris I will read it.
I use to do reviews for MAAC years ago and I would do the stock review and then finish the review with what could be done, that was fun.
Dec 09, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC
Thanks Chris I will read it.
I use to do reviews for MAAC years ago and I would do the stock review and then finish the review with what could be done, that was fun.
Good review, right to the point but there are little things that should of been mention like the soft screws, the sticky paint that stays on your fingers
We have to admit even without extra details it does look very good
Then the more you add to it the better it looks
Reading the review makes me want a third one now ......just kidding hummm then maybe I'm not kidding after all
Dec 09, 2012, 06:46 PM

Beaver Review on RC Universe

Paul,

Thats cool. That is the Canadian version of the AMA like we have here in the US.

The video was ok but the field he uses is at an odd location especially flying near those windmills. Not a ideal place for flying. I wonder how many times he and other flyers have hit that windmill and destroyed their airplanes. Most clubs we all know are usually free from any obstackles that might cause a crash. But since its that large I guess its easy to navigate around.

I checked the weather and up your way it looks like you might be flying more on snow skis soon on your lake in Montreal.

Id like to add a 3 bladed prob to mine with a scale spinner. The prop has to fit the shaft and it must be a electric prop. I tried looking for a good Master Air Screw but wasnt sure what size to buy for the best flight performance. I usually buy from Tower Hobbies due the using the club there. Where else can I find them?

What's a good size APC prop can I use that is two bladed if I go that route and name brand to fit the shaft instead of the stock plastic prop included with the airplane. A good APC prop and harder material with a electric prop seems to fly better and won't bend as quickly and also holds up to those surprise prop strike we all have sometimes while taking off or taxing after landing on grass.
Dec 09, 2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC
Paul,

Thats cool. That is the Canadian version of the AMA like we have here in the US.

The video was ok but the field he uses is at an odd location especially flying near those windmills. Not a ideal place for flying. I wonder how many times he and other flyers have hit that windmill and destroyed their airplanes. Most clubs we all know are usually free from any obstackles that might cause a crash. But since its that large I guess its easy to navigate around.

I checked the weather and up your way it looks like you might be flying more on snow skis soon on your lake in Montreal.

Id like to add a 3 bladed prob to mine with a scale spinner. The prop has to fit the shaft and it must be a electric prop. I tried looking for a good Master Air Screw but wasnt sure what size to buy for the best flight performance. I usually buy from Tower Hobbies due the using the club there. Where else can I find them?

What's a good size APC prop can I use that is two bladed if I go that route and name brand to fit the shaft instead of the stock plastic prop included with the airplane. A good APC prop and harder material with a electric prop seems to fly better and won't bend as quickly and also holds up to those surprise prop strike we all have sometimes while taking off or taxing after landing on grass.
Yup we are getting lots of snow overnight but then rain later in the day

The 3 blade prop I use is a Master airscrew 11x6x3 part number MA1160T, I also use the Hub from the Parkzone T-28 . The prop come wth adapters .
as for an APC go for the same size as stock 12x6
Dec 09, 2012, 07:49 PM
I Fly!
So I saw one of these today at the LHS, it was a TX-R for $209. How is this plane holding up? I have had 2 bad Flyzone planes, and am not sure I want to make it 3. Also how easy it is for removing the wing? We carry several planes to the field so I have to be able to break the plan down to fit everything in the car.

Thanks
Last edited by jrtubb; Dec 09, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Dec 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
At first I was worried the winglets would take away some rudder authority but with mine, I'm able to toss the tail around pretty well (rudder throws set as far as the mechanically possible with the stock hidden control mechanism). I haven't flown it without them so I can't comment on that set up.

Quick Reply