Nov 02, 2012, 07:37 PM
Make the best of all you have
Perhaps the programmable brick is the key,

you said in "warbird modus" it wasn't so nice to fly, but surprisingly well in "speed modus".

With my Gee Bee I wasn't able to adjust the gyros and had to fight against

AS3X - I didn't like it that way.

So there seems to be a nice solution, I'm interested ...

But first of all I'll test it in "normal modus" ...

Rolf
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2012, 03:22 AM
Kev Waite
The GeeBee's brick is also on the list of programmable bricks, so all you need is the program lead.
Nov 03, 2012, 08:18 AM
My Gee Bee is sold, didn't know that her brick was programmable ...

Are you sure ?

Rolf
Nov 03, 2012, 08:30 AM
Kev Waite
Yes it is see list below. GeeBee Brick is EFLU4864

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMA...lity_Chart.pdf
Nov 05, 2012, 06:51 PM
Fly light, keep it slow.
OK, Jon, I give up! Need some help please.

I am looking for ESC instructions for the P51...

Just got to the "plug everything in" stage and the ESC bleeps at me continuously
The controls work fine and the brick has been set to brushless and checked with another ESC.

What have I missed?

Thanks

Andrew
Nov 05, 2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Mustang and FW 190 owner,

where are the posts describing your build and flying experience ?

I'm hungry for some new informations (pictures are allowed, too) ...

Still waiting for my FW 190 ...

Rolf
Nov 06, 2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanlander
OK, Jon, I give up! Need some help please.

I am looking for ESC instructions for the P51...

Just got to the "plug everything in" stage and the ESC bleeps at me continuously
The controls work fine and the brick has been set to brushless and checked with another ESC.

What have I missed?
Hi Andrew, you have done everything correct by the sounds of it. This is supposed to be a 'Plug & Play' solution. (Always preferred the term Plug & Pray)

The only things you havent mentioned is what battery you're using and if its plugged in via the brick or the ESC. If you can let me know the situation there too.

However the constant beep usually means the ESC isnt receiving a throttle signal so might be an idea to check all connections and also inspect the signal cable (white) on the ESC.

Let me know your findings!

Jon
Last edited by MICROACES; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
Nov 06, 2012, 12:37 AM
ancora imparo
Also make sure your throttle trim is fully down. Many ESCs will not arm unless they see a full minimum pulse. From memory the AR6400 brick may be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICROACES
Hi Andrew, you have done everything correct by the sounds of it. This is supposed to be a 'Plug & Play' solution. (Always preferred the term Plug & Pray)

The only things you havent mentioned is what battery you're using and if its plugged in via the brick or the ESC. If you can let me know the situation there too.

However the constant beep usually means the ESC isnt receiving a throttle signal so might be an idea to check all connections and also inspect the signal cable (white) on the ESC.

Jon
Nov 06, 2012, 02:13 AM
Hi all,
I have build and maiden Microaces FW190. First - I am not rc expert, and this plane was my first entry into micro rc. So I was little bit unsure how it will end. The result convinced me and I would like recomend it to everyone. Very happy with it and the idea with stickers.

1. Build - it is good to see Jons videos. Do not hassle (easy to say, difficult to do, because it is so enjoying). Keep an eye on geometry always, because with stickers it is not so straightforward, one wrong placed sticker could mess it easily. (I end up using a hotgun to correct it). In other way the build is very addictive and easy process following the manual. You will stop until it is all done. Very nice finish. I also paint all those white areas, corners etc so the model looks really good. Next build I plan to make with realistic canopy and pilot in it.

2. Flying - it is so easy! Passes, loops etc. Mine flew very well from the first throw. Just dont forget to keep correct CG and fly on good weather. AS3X system will be definitelly good help with more wind. Check the engine - when it is running out of battery it could stop and not start again (but the battery is stil ok-just turn off and then on). You can fly it almost everywhere. What I really like, is that the stickers keep this light (70g) model almost unbreakable.

Generally - very happy with the attitude of Microaces team, the precise quality of product and the excellent result at the end.

Skacee
Nov 06, 2012, 03:46 AM
Is the ESC programmable ?

I prefer a down adjust of the rotational speed (than a shut down).

@Jon

Can you tell me the weight of the standard battery (300mAh) and the esc ?

Rolf
Nov 06, 2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetyii
Is the ESC programmable ?

I prefer a down adjust of the rotational speed (than a shut down).

@Jon

Can you tell me the weight of the standard battery (300mAh) and the esc ?

Rolf
The ESC is programable. The generic manual is attached below.

Battery is 7.6g
Nov 06, 2012, 08:08 AM
Thank you,

you are the best !

I've calculated the difference between the 1S configuration from Jon and the 2S configuration taken from a Beast (non 3D).

1S :

brick : 3,9 - 4,1 g (normal and long throw)
esc : 4,0 g
battery : 7,6 g (300 mAh 25C)
motor : 5,7 g
Alltogether : 21,2 - 21,4 g

2S :

brick : 7,8 g (brushless/long throw)
esc : 0,0 g integrated on the brick
battery : 11,6 g (2S 180 nanotech)
motor : 8,4 g (eflite 180 2500kv)
Alltogether : 27,8 g

That means the 1S configuration is 6,4 g lighter than the 2S configuration.
The motor in front is 2,7 g lighter, so there is no chance to get the CG without extra (2-2,5g) death weight in the tail - all in all 8,5 - 9 g extra weight.

Right decesion to use the 1S configuration !

Edit

It's here !!!

I can't believe that - send on friday from the UK and landed today (tuesday) at my door - grrrreat !

First look on both kits - everything seems to be ok, no damage.

Will start with the built today - think it will be a long night today ...

Rolf
Last edited by beetyii; Nov 06, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Nov 06, 2012, 12:57 PM
Fly light, keep it slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICROACES

Jon
Ahah! Sorry Jon!

Yes, I was plugging the white cable into the "open" connector shown on the AR6400 manual. (see picture below)

If I had spent a little more time looking at the picture I would have seen that the config for brushless is reversed...this is also borne out by your explicit diagram at step 34 of the P51 manual.

Just shows, you can cater for fools but not bl00dy fools!

I must remember to review my late-night problems the following day before revealing my stupidity on-line.

Cheers

Andrew
Nov 06, 2012, 04:36 PM
Pronoun trouble...
I'm making progress on the review and the replacement kit which Jon was kind enough to forward. There were a couple of minor hiccups during the build of the first one which need repairing. It resulted in a model which would suffer from some cosmetic issues once fixed, but Jon offered an entire replacement.

He has been a friendly, funny and willing source of knowledge and there will be no hiccups on this build. The review will cover the questions I had and the answers which Jon provided. I just completed step 10, FYI. On to the wing!

It's remarkably easy the second time around.
Nov 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
Time to build - step 1... (01.30 a.m.)

ruder - ready

elevator ready

fuselage - step 5 ready (03.00 a.m.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

transceiver programmed

aileron servo - functional

esc - functional

motor fuctional

fuselage - step 10 ready (05.45 a.m.)

need some sleep ...

Four hours of work today and she is nearly ready to go - a beauty ...

Glued the carbon rods for the fuselage and the wing with UHU POR and made some support for the (aileron) torsion wire out of shrink tubing.

In a few hours she'll be finished.

Rolf
Last edited by beetyii; Nov 07, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply