Thread Tools
Dec 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
Registered User

Connecting GPS to board


I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
The Nav module is as follows:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
The board has a set of pins marked 12c as follows:
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
Registered User
Bumped to the top, still need help.....
Dec 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
The Nav module is as follows:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
The board has a set of pins marked 12c as follows:
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
Here is a photo of the 3 components connected:
http://www.rctimer.com/syssite/home/...1340294589.jpg

I only see 4 pins on the I2C connector on the FC board.
Dec 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Mine has 5 pins as indicated in my first post. I cannot get the GPS to work, the map in the GUI does not show my indication and the green GPS button is not illuminated in the GUI. The Nav board has a flashing red light and the antenna has a solid blue one. I checked in the config-h file and all the changes suggested for V2.1 are there, but still no GPS....
Dec 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
Mine has 5 pins as indicated in my first post. I cannot get the GPS to work, the map in the GUI does not show my indication and the green GPS button is not illuminated in the GUI. The Nav board has a flashing red light and the antenna has a solid blue one. I checked in the config-h file and all the changes suggested for V2.1 are there, but still no GPS....
Can you post a photo of your board?

Or a link to the one you have?
Dec 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
Registered User
Here is a link to the page with my FC's pics... Sorry, but I cannot post the actual pic for some reason. It is the bottom picture and shows the 5 pins on the 12c

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/f450-quad...assembled.html
Dec 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
Here is a link to the page with my FC's pics... Sorry, but I cannot post the actual pic for some reason. It is the bottom picture and shows the 5 pins on the 12c

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/f450-quad...assembled.html
Can't help you much but maybe look here it has some info about the 5 pin i2c.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...81577&page=146
Dec 21, 2012, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Bump to the top. Can anyone help me out?
Dec 22, 2012, 10:37 AM
Registered User
Help.....?
Dec 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered User
And again.........
Dec 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
The Nav module is as follows:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
The board has a set of pins marked 12c as follows:
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
BUMP TO THE TOP again............
Dec 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
Registered User
Ditto
Dec 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
I have a Multiwii SE 2.1 with the Nav board and Crius GPS. The connection between the 12c Nav board and the GPS is straightforward with the supplied plugs connect to the labeled plugs. But the connection to the FC is a bit problematic, there is a 4 pin plug that fits the 12c Nav board, but now where on the board to connect it. There is a 5 pin connection on the board, but the individual pins are not the same as the out on the Nav board.
The Nav module is as follows:
Green wire-SCL
Yellow wire-SDA
Red wire-VCC
Black wire-GND
The board has a set of pins marked 12c as follows:
SDA
SCL
3V3
GND
5V

If I use the supplied plug and leave the 5V pin unused, I will still have the SCL and SDA switched. Do I need to swap leads in the plug?
Is your GPS 5v or 3.3v? If it requires 5v then you will need to use the 5v supply from your FC board instead of the 3.3v. You will also need to match up the different input/outputs to each other.
May 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
Registered User
Sorry...
Maybe I am too late here, for a question like... Can I use software V2.1 (or V2.2) for HK MultiWii SE V2.0 board?
Thanks.
May 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
Just Keeping UP
Yes, MultiWii v2.1 and 2.2 will both run. I suggest you use v2.2.

Nick


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Crius mini MWC MultiWii SE Standard Edition flight control board eyeinsky1 Multirotor Drone Electronics 7 Sep 10, 2013 01:08 PM
Discussion New updated Crius Multiwii SE flight controller SGsoar Multirotor Drone Electronics 72 May 15, 2013 08:36 PM
Discussion New MultiWii SE V2.0 Flight Controller w/FTDI Crissbrasil Multirotor Drone Electronics 7 Oct 20, 2012 04:28 AM
Sold *NEW* MultiWii SE Standard Multicopter Flight control board+FTDI USB PRGMR+PID LCD beachflyer Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Sep 02, 2012 11:31 AM
Sold CRIUS MultiWii SE V2.0 Talajouy Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 4 Apr 19, 2012 12:06 AM