Donatas Design: Arrow V.6 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
Registered User
DaveL322's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonA
Dave, in your picture showing the receiver and wiring, do you put thin heat shrink over the servo wires you removed from the connector shroud?

thanks
Don
Don,

I do not. The connectors are quite stable once plugged into the RX. I've been running them like this for years without any problems.

Regards,

Dave
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 06:52 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
I haven't even flown mine, and I'm planning on grabbing a backup.. It's a very well thought out kit.
Jan 12, 2013, 09:16 PM
Registered User
DonA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL322
Don,

I do not. The connectors are quite stable once plugged into the RX. I've been running them like this for years without any problems.

Regards,

Dave
Thanks Dave It didn't look like there was any heat shrink on the pins so was just curious. Have started my quest for reducing weight on my indoor pattern plane and I noticed the removal of the connector body.

Don
Jan 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Chris Currie's Avatar
The new arrow looks fantastic. I've had about 20 flights on my V5 now and love it, so precise and locked in yet so agile! I thought the aileron authority was pretty good but looking forward to trying out the new version.

Here's a little vid of my V5 from last week. No wild 3D, just trying to keep things smooth.

Donatas Design Arrow V5 (2 min 46 sec)
Jan 23, 2013, 10:23 AM
Registered User
richard boyd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Currie
The new arrow looks fantastic. I've had about 20 flights on my V5 now and love it, so precise and locked in yet so agile! I thought the aileron authority was pretty good but looking forward to trying out the new version.

Here's a little vid of my V5 from last week. No wild 3D, just trying to keep things smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPijT...e_gdata_player
Very nice Chris, what is your setup an the V5

Richard
Jan 23, 2013, 11:25 AM
Registered User
Chris Currie's Avatar
Hey Richard, long time no see. Hope you're well.

Got axi race, had a CC10 but it was cutting out so replaced with cheap esc. Optipower 430mah lipo, JR DS318s x 4, using t-rex 250 ball links on all surfaces for slop free linkage. currently running GWS 8x4.3 but have a glavak 9x4.3 which I'll test tomorrow.

Such a great plane, by far the nicest shocky I've ever flown.
Jan 25, 2013, 01:02 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Very nice Chris! Your V5 looks great! I can't wait.

I started mine tonight, by modifying a HS65HB down to 9.0 g. Tomorrow night I'll start building.
Jan 27, 2013, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Chris Currie's Avatar
Thank you, don't think it'll be long before I give the V6 a try! :-)
Jan 28, 2013, 07:32 PM
Lower, Lower
bc-slowflyer's Avatar
Where do you buy these kits?
Jan 28, 2013, 07:36 PM
Registered User
DaveL322's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-slowflyer
Where do you buy these kits?
BC,

In North America, I can help you out. Will send PM.

Regards,

Dave
Jan 28, 2013, 09:36 PM
Flying>Life
JosephSzczur101's Avatar
what is the deference between the v5 and the v6?
Joseph
Jan 28, 2013, 11:33 PM
Registered User
DaveL322's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephSzczur101
what is the deference between the v5 and the v6?
Joseph
Joseph,
V6 is slightly larger overall. Wing is more tapered with larger aileron counterbalances. In the air, it has a much faster roll rate and snap rate, and I think it is a bit more agile in pitch and yaw without sacrificing any precision.

Regards,

Dave
Jan 29, 2013, 09:32 AM
Registered User
adreher's Avatar
Hey guys,

Are they a set of instructions for this guy? I think I can get it put together based off of the pictures on the thread, just have noticed some differences in building than what I'm used to and don't want to mess it up or do things in the wrong order. Can't wait to get this thing flying!
Jan 29, 2013, 11:07 AM
Registered User
DaveL322's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreher
Hey guys,

Are they a set of instructions for this guy? I think I can get it put together based off of the pictures on the thread, just have noticed some differences in building than what I'm used to and don't want to mess it up or do things in the wrong order. Can't wait to get this thing flying!
Check here for detailed V5 building instructions -
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/donatas-design-arrow-v-5

The order of assembly is the same with the V6. The only real construction difference is the V6 includes all the CF rod needed to do the aileron and elevator bracing. 0.9mm rod is for fuse bracing, and 0.7mm rod is for the control surface bracing.

Donatas is very busy prepping for the World Championships, so he might not be as active as normal on RCG...but I will try to answer questions as quick as possible.

Regards,

Dave
Mar 21, 2013, 07:15 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
I am making good progress with my arrow V6, and I have to say this is the highest quality kit I've ever purchased! I've never seen so much attention to detail.. Very cool!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Donatas Design: Spies By Fabien Turpaud 3Don Indoor Pattern/F3P 208 Apr 25, 2014 01:22 AM
Discussion Donatas Design: Sultimate V.3 3Don Indoor Pattern/F3P 41 Jan 31, 2014 12:18 PM
Discussion Donatas Design: Arrow V5 3Don Indoor Pattern/F3P 189 Oct 02, 2013 01:31 PM
Sold Donatas Arrow v5 Eric Giorgiantonio Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 14, 2012 05:56 AM
Discussion Donatas Design: Arrow V5 3Don 3D Foamies 13 Jan 03, 2012 11:44 AM