Aug 31, 2012, 12:31 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Three cards shy of a full deck
Thread OP
Discussion

scammers giving us all a bad name

I have been watching the freebies posting and am amazed at what goes on here, I can understand the thought process of avoiding scams and ripoffs but come on people...we could walk through life with our hand on our wallet for fear of it being stolen...but then you will only have one hand to enjoy life with.

Install some rules for givers to use your site...min post count, or member for so long, or??
Not all newcomers are out to take you fella's for a ride, some like myself just found your site and wanted to belong to something bigger than themselves
MY MISTAKE , when I read 'Free" I guess I assume it means you did not want it, or can't use it, not that it is free only to my buddy's... I guess we don't all belong here..............seems like same people give to same people and not many others...but that is your right so keep doing what your doing...they are real happy with you for it.............

There are good people out there but you have to give them a chance or you will never get to know any of them and that is a shame....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:55 AM
Trader Rating: 63
To build or fly today?
Simple.... just get rid of the free section all together
Aug 31, 2012, 08:27 AM
Trader Rating: 77
Well then become an active member, participate in discussions or start a thread talking about what you fly or drive. If you need help with something then post a question. It's not hard to get your post count up if you stop reading and start participating.
Garrett
Aug 31, 2012, 08:45 AM
Trader Rating: 147
some call me macgyver....
I can understand where u r coming from I was there. But I fought to become an active member made friends. These guys r very good people. N r just trying to keep the scammers out. The few that make it r the ones who are willing to work n do whatever it take to make it here. Tell the truth about what u sell. N stand behind it. Be active talk to others n never call someone out on the post if u think there price is too high simply pm them shoot an offer n move on. If u get a bad product. contact the seller first don't come on here bashing cause u might end up getting bashed. Point is work ur butt off n ull get there. Welcome to rc groups
Aug 31, 2012, 10:22 AM
Trader Rating: 75
i'd rather be flying...
Just like a credit history... They won't give us any good credit limit if we don't have at least a decent history. So, bite the bullet, get one that has high APR, pay off bills on time and you'll get a good return.

That applies here as well ( I suppose). Start engaging in discussions, don't make names on the F/S thread and you'll make friends.
Aug 31, 2012, 11:08 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Suspended Account
Better yet stop looking for free stuff and just pay cash and buy the stuff you need. Friend or not all cash is the same!
Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
Trader Rating: 223
Go Cocks!
So this is a crappy site because you wanted something from the free section and didn't get it? WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJWright
MY MISTAKE..
Ya think?
Aug 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
Trader Rating: 377
Krued Up
BTW, scammers are not giving US all bad names,they do that to themselves.
we make our own decisions hense we r what we make ourselves out to be,so if your being called a scammer,you probably brought that upon yourself.(just a general statement,not to reflect on the OP)
Aug 31, 2012, 12:57 PM
Koo
Trader Rating: 39
Koo
Just letting you know, I didn't even touch the classifieds section during my first couple months here. I also feel like the more someone has contributed to the forum, it makes more sense receiving free items from some very generous people here.
Aug 31, 2012, 01:26 PM
Trader Rating: 3
I lurked her for years before ever getting an account. I also bought stuff from people here before I had an account. I've been a member at RCU since 2003(different user name.)
I have a very low post count.
I give hobby stuff away very often and have for many years, but just recently gave a couple things away on this site to give back to a place that gave a lurker a bunch of great info. I usualy just find someone deserving local, but anixs did kind of open my eyes to the fact that maybe I should pay a little forward to others outside my area also. After all, I've gotten help from the posted experience of others.

If I give something to a scammer........... Shame on them! I still feel okay about if I don't actualy know that they're a scammer.

I gave a guy in my area about 40 model rocket kits and all the accesories to get into a hobby with his underprivillaged nephews who don't have a father figure in their lives.
I was very happy untill I seen all the for sale adds in my local Kijiji listings.

End result, Bad Karma to the local scammer.

I am looking forward to seeing some of my stuff that collectors with $$$$ would buy go to people who will build, use and have fun with it.

It makes me as happy as it does them..

The free section is great.

Just my thoughts.
Aug 31, 2012, 04:27 PM
Trader Rating: 147
Bellanca Kruesair
I have some stuff in the free section....some plans that someone will eventually want or need.
I'd rather see them go to someone here,scammer or not,than to throw them in the trash bin.
I don't care what happens to them now.....they've served their purpose for me.

But I won't pay you to take them,any more than I'd pay someone to haul them off.If you don't think they're worth paying postage for,don't ask for them.

I often give away free stuff from estates,including postage....but make it easy on me-get off the five bucks or so it costs to get it to you,when it's MY items you want. Thanky.
Aug 31, 2012, 05:00 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
I don't understand the title of this thread. How could scammers give someone else a bad name? Or give everyone on a forum a bad name? There are very few scammers on this site and they are usually found out pretty quick and outed for all to know and avoid. Best I can tell people here are not worried that much about buying and selling. The classifieds are very active. As with anything else you do, as a newbie you might have have to be active in the communtiy to gain respect. That is just life and not specific to rcgroups.

As far as the free forums go. Why would anyone give something away to someone who appeared to join this forum just to get something for free. Especially when there many, many more deserving active members that could use the item. Again this is just life and has nothing to do with scammers or some rcgroups elitist conspiracy.

For someone who has not been here long to start a trolling, negative topic like this will certainly not win you many friends or for that matter, any free items.
Sep 01, 2012, 08:08 PM
Trader Rating: 78
3D Toy Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29
Just letting you know, I didn't even touch the classifieds section during my first couple months here. I also feel like the more someone has contributed to the forum, it makes more sense receiving free items from some very generous people here.
I hear you, ... I went YEARS before posting in the classifieds.

Bill
Sep 04, 2012, 11:47 AM
Trader Rating: 6
KG4WXI
I know where people are at but come on everybody has to start some where and yes i did get a free balancer. And sent him a thank you. I have been called a troll and crook and all kinds of names so far and as a person i think the ones calling names has nothing better in there life but to make trouble for others. I'm the president of a pretty big flying club in douglasville ga. and i found some of the nicest people but on the other hand like everywhere some think i can not know anything. I keep going and keep trying. Come on those with high post count just cause we little people do not set on this site and post every day that does not make us bad.
As to the owner of this site THANKS for letting me on here, No i will never have 3000 post but i will be the same person and little posting but i will never be a crook. And to those giving your stuff away it is yours give it like you want it is yours.
Sep 04, 2012, 11:58 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Suspended Account
I think they should just give away everything and do away with the for sale section. If ya don't use it anymore just give it to someone else for free!. This would do away with the paypal problems. If we do it my Way everyone would have high quality stuff for their hobby use. Image free FatSharks! or even a free fully assembled FPV quadcopter at no charge. but I do think the person getting the item should pay shipping JMO

Quick Reply